Switching prelim medicine program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MIRBP2400

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea on switching prelim programs after starting? I matched to an advanced rads program but i am not at all happy with the prelim medicine program I matched to (made a huge mistake on my ROL). I need to switch out either to any open medicine or surgery programs. Apologize for not going into detail but the ROL mistake I made is substantial and to be honest, I don't think I can't seriously work a year at the place I matched to after going to orientation and figuring out my living and travelling situation. I'm also willing switch to any open surgery prelim spots. I developed a bit of a late interest in IR as well and I feel a surgery prelim would at least give me a better exposure to the field. However I didn't apply to any because I heard mixed things about the need for a surgery prelim on the trail. I know the risks involved, rocking the boat etc, and it's all things I'm considering. Right now, I wanted to just get some realistic ideas/ experiences on how to practically approach this kind of switch mid-early residency. How much did I screw myself here?

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.