studying for the mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

podbadger97

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi current pod students. How long did you study for the MCAT and how did some of you guys study? I'm finding it difficult to keep up with my anki and content review during the semester, and so I have not studied much at all and plan on taking it July 10th. I do have two months of summer where I will grind all day everyday, but I'm still pretty worried. Any advice on something that worked really well for you?? Do you think I will have enough time to score enough to get into pod schools? I've taken all the pre req classes. Any advice would be appreciated or direction to a thread that helps works too :)

Members don't see this ad.

hi current pod students. How long did you study for the MCAT and how did some of you guys study? I'm finding it difficult to keep up with my anki and content review during the semester, and so I have not studied much at all and plan on taking it July 10th. I do have two months of summer where I will grind all day everyday, but I'm still pretty worried. Any advice on something that worked really well for you?? Do you think I will have enough time to score enough to get into pod schools? I've taken all the pre req classes. Any advice would be appreciated or direction to a thread that helps works too :)

The fact that you've already got Anki and content review organized means you'll do fine.

2 months is more than enough.

Do tons of practice questions. 45 minute blocks, 3 hour study sessions, do 2.5-3 sessions a day. This will still give you 1-2 days off during the week if you are not working or doing anything else.

Don't stick to just 1 subject a day. Change it up.

Did a whole write up a long time ago but too lazy to dig it up.
Use search function.

Go into the mcat calm is the best advice I can give you, if you go in freaking out you're gonna crash.

I used Kaplan and Khan Academy mainly, truly studied about a month before the test