Stipend Use

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

28lamps

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if I could apply stipend given through a training program (meant to fuel MD researchers through the summer where there is no financial aid) straight to my project itself?

Asking because the funding for my project is getting very convoluted, and I know my stipend should cover most of the costs to get it through. To me, I do not mind using my stipend this way-just wanted to know if this is allowed.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if I could apply stipend given through a training program (meant to fuel MD researchers through the summer where there is no financial aid) straight to my project itself?

Asking because the funding for my project is getting very convoluted, and I know my stipend should cover most of the costs to get it through. To me, I do not mind using my stipend this way-just wanted to know if this is allowed.
Are you asking whether you can personally fund your research with private funds? I don't see why not, but I wouldn't. 1) it's not your responsibility to privately fund a research project. 2) it sets up a precedent that you probably don't want. 3) personal funding is not reliable. What if you don't end up having as much as you thought you would?

Sent from my SM-G900T using SDN mobile app

Are you asking whether you can personally fund your research with private funds?

Correct, these private funds would come from my training program. I do agree with 1 and 2, and I suppose 3 is dependent on the source. I just wanted to know if it was possible.

Thank you!