How useful is this research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolcat7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 3rd year medical student in a mid tier MD university school in the U.S. Currently on LOA with a low step 1 score of 206, volunteering at free clinics. I am interested in applying for Psychiatry Residency eventually. I am looking for some research project. Most of the application deadlines have passed by now. I have approximately 8 months left to start Clerkships in 2016.

I took clinical research for credit during my undergraduate studies at my university affiliated medical center for 2 years in the Neuropsychiatry department. No publication though. Also, did some basic science research in Cancer during the summer between M1 and M2 year and it was not a very good experience.

Can someone guide me how to find some clinical research opportunity which is less than a year longer (as I have only 8 months left) and in which there can be a possibility to publish.

I have found one project regarding application of human factors engineering to improve patient safety in healthcare (something to do with EMR ). Do you think it is of any use to build my CV.

I have also found clinical trials in Neuropsychiatry. It is a 4 year long study. Do you think I can find some small project within this study and may be publish something in the next 8 months? I am not sure how clinical trials work.

Please advise!
Thank You !!!!

Members don't see this ad.