USMLE Step 2 CS March 2019 Score Release thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bambi101

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tested in Jan 2019 and the wait for the score report has been excruciating! I alternate between imagining best case and worst case scenarios and the most anxiety-inducing part of this whole experience is that no one knows EXACTLY how its graded- people claim to have done really well and fail, while others claim they screwed up a lot and still passed etc. Anyway, I figured I'd start this thread so all of us that are waiting for 03/06 can uplift and support each other during this difficult time (AKA misery loves company)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I passed as well. This was my second attempt. To anyone who failed, I feel your pain. Send me a personal message and I would be happy to do what I can to talk you through it.

For the future testers, the FCVS trick worked for me at 1 am EST (the Tuesday prior to the release). It both showed that I was eligible to take Step 3 (through FSMB) and that I passed the test (in FCVS). In addition, my permit disappeared some time ago; I am unsure of the date or week for that matter.
Congrats . Did you try between 12 am and 1 am ?

Members don't see this ad :)
For IMGs, permit doesn't disappear on OASIS. I know mine didn't, and the FCVS shows that i passed the exam and also now i can apply to Step 3.
FCVS changed from blank to pass, exactly at 1:00 am EST, I know because i was refreshing like crazy ever 5 seconds/

Reactions: 1 users
I passed as well. This was my second attempt. To anyone who failed, I feel your pain. Send me a personal message and I would be happy to do what I can to talk you through it.

For the future testers, the FCVS trick worked for me at 1 am EST (the Tuesday prior to the release). It both showed that I was eligible to take Step 3 (through FSMB) and that I passed the test (in FCVS). In addition, my permit disappeared some time ago; I am unsure of the date or week for that matter.
I would like to echo these statements as well, this was also my second attempt. I know getting a fail is very difficult on a test like this but it's really doable to take it very shortly after and pass. Please feel free to message me with any questuons/comments and I will make a detailed post soon with some things I changed the second time around. Good luck to all.

Reactions: 1 user
It is also my second attempt and i took the 2nd test about 15 days after my result, which i failed miserably; the CIS component had asterisk at low performance and then i passed without anymore preparation or course whatsoever, just tried to be nicer with the patients, i think i failed the first test because i knew they were actors, so i did not take them seriously,
The bottom-line don't think of this as an exam or simulation. Just act as if you are seeing a patient at your clinic in real life and you will pass,

Passed!! Thank you God!! Wow the stress is real. I’m so happy I’m finally done!! (Except for step 3 ..

Thank you all for being so supportive.. this community is the best and I would’ve lost my mind if not for y’all ..

Members don't see this ad :)
Classic, soon as scores went out everyone stopped responding and, thus ,once again the same questions are left unanswered. Here is a summary for anybody googling:

At some point between Sunday and Monday before the Wednesday that your score is to be released, your scheduling permit will disappear and FCVS will show a blank spot for pass/fail. This is ONLY an indicator that your scores are coming that week and DOES NOT INDICATE PASS OR FAIL. At 1am EST, the Wednesday of your score release, your pass or fail status will show up on FCVS. This used to show up earlier (which you might see in other threads) but has been patched. It could potentially be patched again so that the 1am thing doesn't work either. But for the March 6 2019 score release, it did work. Most of us here found out right at 1am EST. Then the actual NBME/USMLE released score report shows up around 11am EST later that Wednesday morning. I hope this helps clear up some confusion. I'll list some tags below so people searching can find this.

Tags: Step 2 CS Score Report, Permit disappear, Did i pass step 2 cs, FCVS step 2 cs, find out if passed step 2 cs, 2019 score release

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
For any IMGs that might find this- my permit didn’t disappear and I passed and received my score report on Wednesday but my permit is still available on OASIS even now.. just FYI .. everything else in this post was true for me as well ..
Classic, soon as scores went out everyone stopped responding and, thus ,once again the same questions are left unanswered. Here is a summary for anybody googling:

At some point between Sunday and Monday before the Wednesday that your score is to be released, your scheduling permit will disappear and FCVS will show a blank spot for pass/fail. This is ONLY an indicator that your scores are coming that week and DOES NOT INDICATE PASS OR FAIL. At 1am EST, the Wednesday of your score release, your pass or fail status will show up on FCVS. This used to show up earlier (which you might see in other threads) but has been patched. It could potentially be patched again so that the 1am thing doesn't work either. But for the March 6 2019 score release, it did work. Most of us here found out right at 1am EST. Then the actual NBME/USMLE released score report shows up around 11am EST later that Wednesday morning. I hope this helps clear up some confusion. I'll list some tags below so people searching can find this.

Tags: Step 2 CS Score Report, Permit disappear, Did i pass step 2 cs, FCVS step 2 cs, find out if passed step 2 cs, 2019 score release

QUOTE="atAltitude, post: 20767650, member: 905843"]Classic, soon as scores went out everyone stopped responding and, thus ,once again the same questions are left unanswered. Here is a summary for anybody googling:

Tags: Step 2 CS Score Report, Permit disappear, Did i pass step 2 cs, FCVS step 2 cs, find out if passed step 2 cs, 2019 score release[/QUOTE]

Guys I have a question, mine says you are not eligible right now. instead of a
blank page? Please tell me it is not a bad sign.

Hi Drs,
This is my first post on sdn.
I want to share my recent step 2 CS experience in Atlanta. Please give me your honest input on how major my mistakes are (this is the first attempt and I am an IMG).
- 1 or 2 cases I do not think I got the right diagnosis as SP responded no to literally almost all questions!!!
- 2 or 3 personal notes, time ran out so either only put 2 DDx or put 3 without further explaining each why I chose them.
- I did some tests on a patient plus additional tests for associated stuff that should be included. When i was writing my note i forgot to add them. But SP knows I did them!
- I wrote D/C instead of discharge and i am not sure they will understand
- i have a typo in the workup.and wrote baginal instead of vaginal.. did not have time to change it.

All others were okay i guess though not perfevt. I did wash my hands anddid a summary and a closure on all patients. I was gentle and sympathisedwith the patients a lot.
I am.extremely worries as I have a 250+ on step 1 and i surely do not want to mess up my chances for the match.. what do nou honestly think?
anyone ?

Hi Drs,
This is my first post on sdn.
I want to share my recent step 2 CS experience in Atlanta. Please give me your honest input on how major my mistakes are (this is the first attempt and I am an IMG).
- 1 or 2 cases I do not think I got the right diagnosis as SP responded no to literally almost all questions!!!
- 2 or 3 personal notes, time ran out so either only put 2 DDx or put 3 without further explaining each why I chose them.
- I did some tests on a patient plus additional tests for associated stuff that should be included. When i was writing my note i forgot to add them. But SP knows I did them!
- I wrote D/C instead of discharge and i am not sure they will understand
- i have a typo in the workup.and wrote baginal instead of vaginal.. did not have time to change it.

All others were okay i guess though not perfevt. I did wash my hands anddid a summary and a closure on all patients. I was gentle and sympathisedwith the patients a lot.
I am.extremely worries as I have a 250+ on step 1 and i surely do not want to mess up my chances for the match.. what do nou honestly think?

Hey, I don't have much to say, but that i also took my CS in ATL last week and had 1-2 rooms that were super weird, where they said NO to everything. Either they were experimental or they had something super obvious regarding their chief complaint.

Also, I am sure i had some typos in my notes as well. I don't think they are looking for 100% accuracy.
I guess we will just have to wait to find out how we did.

Good luck!!!

Saying no to everything doesn't mean you are asking the wrong questions. It's supposed to be ambiguous. It's how you justify that matters.

Hi, what it means if u can or cant re register for step 2 cs after exam and your eligibility period is still pending