Step 2 CS January 2020 Score Release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RHL ONE

CLASS OF 2020!!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else waiting for score release on January 29th 2020? 7.5 weeks is a long time especially when you made dumb mistakes on the exam and you begin doubting if you truly passed or not. This wait is a killer.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey img here! I passed my exam, well according to fsmb! (Btw how accurate is that website?)
heads up to other imgs sometimes the permit link doesn’t disappear and you can still get results.

Members don't see this ad :)
Aaaaaaand now we have completely forgotten about this BS exam; NBME free to extort others without much pushback.

Sad but true...

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
So happy for you!!!! Can't believe they let you wait that long

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile

Thanks so much! Literally waited so long and it made me so anxious.

I literally got it on the third Wednesday of the reporting period. So glad that it is over with.

I started to get worried when in reality it went fine. Started to over analyze every little thing I did it said.

Reactions: 1 users
I think Shtumpa’s referring to people who failed the first exam but passed the second time. I was was referring to people who haven’t failed an attempt.

Crap, my advisor told me to re-release as some programs will not rank me without the score. So I released the fail and passed retake. Hopefully this doesn’t affect me on some programs list.

Reactions: 1 user
Crap, my advisor told me to re-release as some programs will not rank me without the score. So I released the fail and passed retake. Hopefully this doesn’t affect me on some programs list.

Nobody knows for sure. No reason to think I know more than your advisor. My only info is anecdotes from people (mostly IM) who have matched without releasing and one radiology PD who posts on SDN (he/she says it’s a big hassle to go through each candidate to check CS and therefore doubts many programs bother.)

But for psychiatry it seems (again, judging from SDN threads) that many programs won’t rank without CS. So it’s specialty and program specific and who knows...I wouldn’t sweat it. I’m actually going back and forth on this.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m hoping that programs that require it contact us (two prelim programs have contacted me, I just sent them the report).

If they just ask for CS score I only send pass. But if they ask obviously honest that I failed first time.

Reactions: 1 user

I failed the first time and released both my failing and passing score. I think it’s more likely to harm than help by not releasing them, but nobody really knows for each program. My thought process was I’d rather them know I failed the first time but also know that I’ll be eligible to start July 1, than to leave them wondering.

Reactions: 2 users