Step 2 CS August 2019 Score Release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pathlologist

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took CS in June in Atlanta, hoping for score this Wednesday. Just like everyone else, I made a lot of mistakes (missed diagnoses on maybe 2-4, forgot a couple of pertinent physical exam maneuvers, forgot counseling on a couple). Trying not to panic and remembering that I have a 95% chance of having passed

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does getting it early mean I failed? About to head in to the hospital so I'm gonna check after.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pass confirmed by score report! WEOOOOOOOO. Thought it would be a borderline fail, but it was a borderline pass :)

Score came out at 11 am exactly: Pass (AMG)

Just for reference to put a lot of people at ease. I got cut off in about 5-6 encounters during closing, felt like I half assed some of the physical exams because I was rushed for time, felt rushed on my notes and missed bits of information with each one, and was always the last one out of the room in my group of 12. None of the bars touched the borderline section, so the grading is quite lenient.

IMG too, got my email today as well, ICE dipped into borderline a bit, CIS was all the way to the far right with a star, SEP was all the way to the right. But overall, i dont care. :)

Nothing for me (early July) - a lot of people on my exam date got their score back this morning. I'm shi**ing my pants. Called and they said apparently some note graders just get to it later than others and to check again next week. Not sure what to make of that (ie, did it need a second look because the note was borderline)? I actually walked out of the exam feeling pretty confident.

Reactions: 1 user
I can feel the pain I know how it is to wait. If it can make you any better. I thought I would fail 99.9 % the exam was a trauma and I still passed.
Most of my patients had only No answer to everything I asked. I didnt ask about suicide thought in a pretty sure depression case. I kept on doing if he PE after completing my closure I didn't know what to write diagnosis in almost 6 7 cases. I left the room in one case only in 7 minutes. I washed hands , smiled, showed empathy, tried to be supportive counselled some here and there asked consent for everything and treated the patient as if he was my god and have passed with good stars on the higher side and yeah mostly after finishing my notes inhad to wait a lot while others were typing n typing n typing and that makes u feel horrible like am I on right track

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing for me (early July) - a lot of people on my exam date got their score back this morning. I'm shi**ing my pants. Called and they said apparently some note graders just get to it later than others and to check again next week. Not sure what to make of that (ie, did it need a second look because the note was borderline)? I actually walked out of the exam feeling pretty confident.
this is my exact thought... like was the note borderline? ughhhhh torture. Did they say if it would again be wednesday or it could be like monday or something

For people that did not get their score today. It seems that they just promise to release scores within the first 3 weeks of a score reporting period. The score reporting period for this block is August 14th through September 11th.

For each “Testing Period” in the above schedule, Step 2 CS scores are released every Wednesday over a corresponding four-to five-week “Reporting Period.” It is expected that results for the vast majority of examinees who take the exam during the testing period will be reported on the first Wednesday of the Reporting Period. Results for 98%-99% of examinees who take the exam during the testing period are reported by the third Wednesday in a Reporting Period. For a small percentage of examinees (1%-2%), scoring and quality assurance may be not completed in time for these examinees to be reported by the first three reporting dates; these will typically be examinees who took the exam in the latter part of the testing period. Results for these examinees will be reported each week throughout the reporting period, and should be reported no later than the last day of the score reporting period.

Here is the link:

Has anybody’s permit disappeared yet this weekend?
My permit had disappeared 2 weeks back but still i didnt get my results last wednesday. So i think it is not related to the wednesday we get results.
Anyways all the best.

For future test takers trying to gauge when you’ll get your score: I took it Wednesday of the last week of the testing period and got my score the second Wednesday of the reporting period. (6 weeks)
Permit disappeared as of Sunday or Monday this week.

Took mine June 19th. No pass/fail status reported on FCVS yet, and print permit option still available on the NBME website (AMG here). Hoping for next Wed, along with my CK score that day as well!

Just for future reference - my CS was on 6/19/19 which was in the August 14th-September 11th waiting period, and my permit did not disappear until 8/25/19 and did not get my score until today which is the third Wednesday in the reporting period, and passed!! Hope this helps future CS takers in that third week freaking out about it taking so long.