USMLE Step 2 CS March 2019 Score Release thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bambi101

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tested in Jan 2019 and the wait for the score report has been excruciating! I alternate between imagining best case and worst case scenarios and the most anxiety-inducing part of this whole experience is that no one knows EXACTLY how its graded- people claim to have done really well and fail, while others claim they screwed up a lot and still passed etc. Anyway, I figured I'd start this thread so all of us that are waiting for 03/06 can uplift and support each other during this difficult time (AKA misery loves company)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I tested in Jan 2019 and the wait for the score report has been excruciating! I alternate between imagining best case and worst case scenarios and the most anxiety-inducing part of this whole experience is that no one knows EXACTLY how its graded- people claim to have done really well and fail, while others claim they screwed up a lot and still passed etc. Anyway, I figured I'd start this thread so all of us that are waiting for 03/06 can uplift and support each other during this difficult time (AKA misery loves company)
hey good luck for the results. Which center u took the exam and how u felt about it.

Yeah, quite rediculous variety of responses and experiences. Hard to believe any of them when someone with a huge list of mistakes passes yet someone who doesn’t know what they did wrong fails. God it’s been such a long wait. Ready to have a heart attack on Wednesday.

Yes! and right after I tested I felt like it went fine but between then and now I just keep remembering random things I did/ didn't do/ should've done differently... anyone else feel that way? It's driving me crazy!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did u
Yes! and right after I tested I felt like it went fine but between then and now I just keep remembering random things I did/ didn't do/ should've done differently... anyone else feel that way? It's driving me crazy!
did u try step 3 trick? And does it actually work.
I hope and pray u pass with flying colors

Lol, yeah. I think everyone has the same thing happening.

Anyone's print permit link disappear yet?
It actually just disappeared on my end. Looks like it's a go for this wed. Anyone know if permit disappearing is a sign of pass fail status or does it just mean it's coming out this wed?

Reactions: 1 user
Mine’s still there :( hope it disappears soon.. the general consensus seems to be permit disappears = pass but we can’t know for sure.. I would say it’s a good sign ..

I'm fairly confident that your permit disappearing is only an indicator that your score will be released and has nothing to do with pass/fail. Crazy after all these years of people discussing this, I have yet to find a thread where someone who failed chimed in to say one way or another.
Not sure what people mean by permit disappeared. You mean this?

Attachments

• 66734AE0-412F-4CD2-9BC8-F3BFD3F7C93E.png
    66734AE0-412F-4CD2-9BC8-F3BFD3F7C93E.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 276
Members don't see this ad :)
It is different for IMG. For AMG, on our NBME website there is a clickable link that opens your scheduling permit. For us, this link disappears the Monday before score reports go out. Thus, not permit link = getting scores this week. This is for AMG, I do not know how it works for IMG but I have read other IMG's say that their permits disappear way ahead of time and may be meaningless for them.

For IMGs it must disappear on OASIS (Not IWA) so on OASIS > Usmle application information> under step 2 CS.. there’s a link to reprint permit. This link itself disappears ..

It is different for IMG. For AMG, on our NBME website there is a clickable link that opens your scheduling permit. For us, this link disappears the Monday before score reports go out. Thus, not permit link = getting scores this week. This is for AMG, I do not know how it works for IMG but I have read other IMG's say that their permits disappear way ahead of time and may be meaningless for them.
Ah I see. Makes sense. Didn’t know Amg’s freak out about this exam too

For IMGs it must disappear on OASIS (Not IWA) so on OASIS > Usmle application information> under step 2 CS.. there’s a link to reprint permit. This link itself disappears ..
Does it indicate pass/fail or just that result is about to come

Any one tried the FCVS trick?
People who were in previous cycles say it shows you (pass, fail or undetermined). Mine does not show me anything whatsoever, it is completely blank.

Any one tried the FCVS trick?
People who were in previous cycles say it shows you (pass, fail or undetermined). Mine does not show me anything whatsoever, it is completely blank.
The trick was patched and only works the day of the score release now, so you can find out I think 1 AM EST instead of 10 AM EST

Reactions: 3 users
Have any IMGs here had their permits disappear on OASIS yet? I’ve been obsessively refreshing that damn page ..

Create account on FSMB> liscencing and exams>FCVS> log in>continue>education and certification>Examination history
So I tried it and for CS it just shows up as a blank .. doesn’t even say undetermined which is what I thought it was supposed to say based on other posts I’ve seen before .. did anyone else try it?

So I tried it and for CS it just shows up as a blank .. doesn’t even say undetermined which is what I thought it was supposed to say based on other posts I’ve seen before .. did anyone else try it?
Yeah mines blank. It’s normal

Alright, hope we all pass! Are y’all going to try the fcvs trick again at 1a.m? I’m at work and have a terrible headache now from stressing about this ..

Alright, hope we all pass! Are y’all going to try the fcvs trick again at 1a.m? I’m at work and have a terrible headache now from stressing about this ..
Yup hoping it starts working at 12 am EST and we can all move on with our lives

If it starts working for anyone here please post that it’s working so the rest of us can get a heart attack as well ...

Reactions: 4 users
hey ! Don’t stress out. Take a long hot shower and it will help u out calming ur body. I’m sure you’ll be fine with results

Nothing either, looks to be a long night. I don't think i'll be able to sleep

Took it a few days before the jan 26th cutoff for this period and permit dissapeared Sunday night. Maybe they patched this fcvs method too?

Congratulations to everyone who passed!

To anyone who may have failed: please take a breath and wait out the anxiety. It's a rough feeling, and it can overwhelm you. Tonight is not the time to do anything, but just come to terms with your situation. Tomorrow, think about next steps, whether that is speaking with your school, coming up with a plan, or getting the application started for a retake.

Do share if you have failed, as it validates the FCVS trick and gives more insight into this test.

I passed as well. This was my second attempt. To anyone who failed, I feel your pain. Send me a personal message and I would be happy to do what I can to talk you through it.

For the future testers, the FCVS trick worked for me at 1 am EST (the Tuesday prior to the release). It both showed that I was eligible to take Step 3 (through FSMB) and that I passed the test (in FCVS). In addition, my permit disappeared some time ago; I am unsure of the date or week for that matter.