**Southern Illinois University** MEDPREP! Anybody been through or know about it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an interview invite! Excited but nervous

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello guys, I just want to know what your stats are. For those given an interview, what where your gpa's and also socioeconomic backgrounds. I applied to this program and I believe that I truely fit what the program requires from socioeconomic background to the cut-off GPA requirement. My letter of rejection was very upsetting because their reason as to why they rejected me is quite frankly bull and did not make sense to me. Almost sounded like an excuse. I really want to know and get to the bottom of why I got rejected. Please kind people of this forum help me out. I will tell you more details about my situation upon responses to this post. Thank you and much appreciated.

Hey I know it has been awhile since you cam through medprep. I would like to ask you a few questions. Do you have any housing recommendations? Are you in med school now? Were there non-traditional students in your class (over 25)? Do you feel that medprep prepared you for the mcat?

Who are you asking?? I just finished MEDPREP in May.

I will be attending the Med Prep Admissions day, tomorrow on the 28th. :D

Hello guys, I just want to know what your stats are. For those given an interview, what where your gpa's and also socioeconomic backgrounds. I applied to this program and I believe that I truely fit what the program requires from socioeconomic background to the cut-off GPA requirement. My letter of rejection was very upsetting because their reason as to why they rejected me is quite frankly bull and did not make sense to me. Almost sounded like an excuse. I really want to know and get to the bottom of why I got rejected. Please kind people of this forum help me out. I will tell you more details about my situation upon responses to this post. Thank you and much appreciated.

Tread very carefully.

I completed the program over 5 years ago and recall people who got rejected as
being downright harrassing after the event. Requesting info on why you were rejected
was a good move. Now use that information to improve. Find a MEDPREP mentor
on the faculty (someone you connected with in the interview) to be your champion
and work with them over the next year to improve your application/profile.

Just don't be overbearing. ;)

Can anybody who has been through the MEDPREP admission day tell me how long does it take to hear back...it has been over a month and I still haven't heard anything.