So I just failed Anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's already set in how he views the roles of men and women. Very conservative, traditional, very 1950s/1960s -esque with a mix of hip hop misogyny. Hence why he's dependent on an arranged marriage as no woman (Indian or otherwise) born in the United States will take his misogynistic bs. He thinks he has it figured out - and that everything will come together as planned once he graduates and becomes a resident or attending (I forget which).
Someone's angling for a plush seat in the ark-enemies club. GoT quote to consummate the relationship to come...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
DV and I have both at times been labelled enemies. Just not quite as much hate as for anastomoses.
Well she's a female, who refuses to acknowledge her place, so she gets the full brunt of hate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Someone's angling for a plush seat in the ark-enemies club. GoT quote to consummate the relationship to come...
Yes, a club that seems to be ever expanding. I didn't know that GuyWhoDoesStuff was also part of the group as well.

Reactions: 1 user
That is sad. I was originally going to add something to the end of my post to the effect of: unless he finds a way to start viewing women as fellow human beings as opposed to subservient creatures designed to cater to the desires of men, he's going to continue have social issues. But if his mind is set, then there really isn't any point.
I wonder how he will deal with female attendings during rotations

It makes me a bit sad to get so much hate :(

Anyways, I'm surprised that people think I have a problem with female authority figures. Pretty much all the teachers and mentors I have had in my life have been women, and I respect and love all of them.

The difference is that in terms of marriage/dating, I am looking first and foremost for a sex partner and a housekeeper, not a professional woman. There's nothing wrong with a woman having a professional life, but it does not attract me in the slightest. That's really it. I don't see anything misogynistic about that statement.

Members don't see this ad :)
OB-Gyn will be quite interesting. And those women will make football players cry.
I didn't have many female attendings during 3rd year for whatever reason. Just coincidence or whatnot. But I do distinctly remember one during OBGYN. She gave me **** for not introducing myself to her before suiting up for a CS. I just got out of a vaginal delivery and was running over and just stuck in my own head (it was my bad). She chewed me up big time. But during the surgery she let me do a lot and she was raving about how my technical skills were better than the 1st years' lol. She gave me a crazy good eval and basically made me sound like Jesus. I miss her. Maybe I shouldn't have switched from surgery to IM

Anyways, I'm surprised that people think I have a problem with female authority figures. Pretty much all the teachers and mentors I have had in my life have been women, and I respect and love all of them.

The difference is that in terms of marriage/dating, I am looking first and foremost for a sex partner and a housekeeper, not a professional woman. There's nothing wrong with a woman having a professional life, but it does not attract me in the slightest. That's really it. I don't see anything misogynistic about that statement.

Right here.

I don't see a problem in this, as long as your female partner understands this about you. It's not like you're legislating that all relationships must be this way. It's how you want it. You might/probably will never get it, and it might be insufferable for the female, but that's honestly not my problem or my care. I hope you're ok with never getting married though because it can be quite difficult to find a woman like that. I think the older you get, the more you'll steer away from this line of thinking. I think you have an experience issue. The more relationships I had the more I realized that a woman being a professional allows her to understand more that you have responsibilities that are separate from her. And her being a professional means that there will be times she needs to do **** and you don't have to see her (which is great, honestly, I wouldn't want my woman to always be around with **** else to do).

You can have your preferences. I don't think they're realistic or really make for a healthy partnership, but that's your business. I hope you find someone that is happy to fulfil those roles for you. The problem is when you generalize your preferences to the entire male population, and then imply that because of that (false) generalization, women should strive to meet those preferences.

And that's just my preference.

How come you women can say "I'm not racist, I just don't date Asian guys," but I can't make a similar statement?

That's not a preference. What you are doing is objectifying (sex partner? Really?)

That's not a preference. What you are doing is objectifying (sex partner? Really?)

Perhaps that was a poor choice of words. All I'm trying to say is that professional women are "not my type," as you ladies are so fond of saying.

Perhaps that was a poor choice of words. All I'm trying to say is that professional women are "not my type," as you ladies are so fond of saying.
It sounds like your saying just want a place to stick your d in and someone to clean up after you.

Reactions: 2 users

I think he was being blunt, sure, but we all want a sex partner. Sex has to be good, you have to be sexually compatible. I think you can label that as sex partner, although I wouldn't describe it with those words

Pot, meet kettle. Women are just as shallow for desiring a Caucasian adonis and not giving guys like me a chance. But guess what, there's nothing that can be done about it, so I don't let it trouble me.

We take the game as it is given to us, not as we would wish it to be.

Pot, meet kettle. Women are just as shallow for desiring a Caucasian adonis and not giving guys like me a chance. But guess what, there's nothing that can be done about it, so I don't let it trouble me.

Lol I'm the opposite of shallow. Looks are relatively unimportant to me. Intelligence, kindness, and humor are much more important to me.

all jokes aside....you can only have so much sex. At some point you need to have conversation, laugh, decide how to raise kids, and grow old together....that does take more than being hot

Reactions: 4 users
Lol I'm the opposite of shallow. Looks are relatively unimportant to me. Intelligence, kindness, and humor are much more important to me.
You are arbitrarily assuming it is more noble to value things other than aesthetics like intelligence, humor, etc., when is it mainly social construct. There is no feature that is inherently more important in selecting a mate. It is all personal and individually varied.

I don't necessarily disagree, just pointing it out.

Ok, good for you. Unfortunately, most women I meet are not as "opposite of shallow" as you.

Regardless, a man's sex drive dwarfs that of a woman, and is much more influenced by specific biological indicators of fertility. Thus, you are making a false comparison, and have no grounds on which to judge me.

Ok, good for you. Unfortunately, most women I meet are not as "opposite of shallow" as you.

Regardless, a man's sex drive dwarfs that of a woman, and is much more influenced by specific biological indicators of fertility. Thus, you are making a false comparison, and have no grounds on which to judge me.
You must not know tp at all :laugh:

Reactions: 3 users
Ok, good for you. Unfortunately, most women I meet are not.

There is no evidence that a man's sex drive dwarfs that of a woman.

You must not know tp at all :laugh:
I was about to say....
image.jpg

with the exception of medical problems, sex drive shouldn't be an issue in life. If she knows sex makes you happy, you get more (and more enthusiastism) as you provide the things that make her happy. Find a good woman that loves you, and treat her well...she has a drive too
I know that you have to toe the feminist party line, and I admire your loyalty to your ideology. I'm afraid I'm more beholden to common sense, though.

http://assets.csom.umn.edu/assets/71520.pdf

That should satiate your desire for evidence.

I know that you have to toe the feminist party line, and I admire your loyalty to your ideology. I'm afraid I'm more beholden to common sense, though.

http://assets.csom.umn.edu/assets/71520.pdf

That should satiate your desire for evidence.
It doesn't.
None of that proves that men's sex drives "dwarf" womens. That's just talking about different sexual behaviors

It doesn't.
None of that proves that men have higher sex drives than women. That's just talking about different sexual behaviors

You didn't even read the article, rofl.

"Across many different studies and measures, men have been shown to have more frequent and more intense sexual desires than woman, as reflected in spontaneous thoughts about sex, frequency and variety of sexual fantasies, desired frequency of intercourse, desired number of partners, masturbation, liking for various sexual practices, willingness to forgo sex, initiating versus refusing sex, making sacrifices for sex, and other measures. No contrary findings were found."

"Men had more than twice as many sexual urges per day as the women (4.75 vs. 2.00)." (Jones and Barlow, 1990).

"Sexual fantasies are probably one of the best indexes of strength of sex drive because they are explicitly sexual and require conscious attention, but are not constrained by opportunities, social pressures, or other external factors...A review by Leitenberg and Henning (1995) concluded that men have more frequent and more varied fantasies than women."

"Thus, within a heterosexual relationship, men want more sex than women at the start of a relationship, in the middle of it, and after many years of it...men showed significantly more desire for intercourse than they were having, whereas women had about what they wanted." (McCabe, 1987)

Now you can put your fingers in your ears and say "no, it's not true!", but I've decided to go along with common sense. Women aren't spending small fortunes on bottle service to attract men. Women aren't looking for prostitutes at anywhere near the level men are. Women aren't fantasizing about sex like men are. And it's women who control access to sex and are the ones turning down men.

And sure, there are exceptions, there always are. But they prove the rule.

The "harsh and savage master" of libido, as Plato calls it, animates the male much more than it animates the female. That's just how the world works.

Lol what would your professors say if you tried to prove your point using a bunch of studies from the 90s?

Think what you want but I'm not buying it.

Lol what would your professors say if you tried to prove your point using a bunch of studies from the 90s?

Think what you want but I'm not buying it.

I'd rather have a bunch of studies from the 90s than blind assertions without evidence that you are putting forth.

In any case, I don't care if you buy it, because the difference in sex drives informs all sexual interactions between men and women in the world. It's there, whether we like it or not. The moon doesn't disappear just because you close your eyes and pretend it doesn't exist, does it?

oh-no-you-didnt-29.gif

Dude, the bolded statement above is misogyny at its core.

I didn't have many female attendings during 3rd year for whatever reason. Just coincidence or whatnot. But I do distinctly remember one during OBGYN. She gave me **** for not introducing myself to her before suiting up for a CS. I just got out of a vaginal delivery and was running over and just stuck in my own head (it was my bad). She chewed me up big time. But during the surgery she let me do a lot and she was raving about how my technical skills were better than the 1st years' lol. She gave me a crazy good eval and basically made me sound like Jesus. I miss her. Maybe I shouldn't have switched from surgery to IM
I was more referring to residents. In general, the OB-Gyn attendings are fine.

Looks and femininity matter the most to me. That's really it.

Define femininity in your opinion. This should be good, and, by good, I mean surrealist at the very least.

Reactions: 3 users

I'm sure there are other Indian guys getting play at your school. Don't blame women.

Also, Ark, the reason why there are a whole bunch of women who won't give you a chance is likely because your personality (if your SDN persona is a real one), not because you're brown.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm sure there are other Indian guys getting play at your school. Don't blame women.
I think he posts on the misc, where it's a running joke that Indian guys have no chance with white girls lol. That board can affect your self-esteem if you take **** too, too seriously.

But tbh, the misc also endorses (esp with dudes having girl problems) taking care of your professional goals and hitting the gym to make yourself look and feel better. I don't think ark does these either. There are plenty of indian girls who want indian dudes. And tbh, there's plenty of indian girls I've seen who I'd love to smash. Get on top of your **** broham. Comeatme

Status
Not open for further replies.