SMP Barry vs NYMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

banana co.

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to Barry's SMP a few weeks ago. I just found out today that I got accepted to NYMC's Masters of BMS program.

I applied to medical school this past cycle for Fall 2006 and did not get accepted anywhere. Any thoughts on whether one of these programs would help me more than another? or is it irrelevant as long as you get good grades?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I would go to NYMC since its affiliated with a US MD school. Barry is affiliated with St. George, a Carib school, but a lot of the students in the program go to the local DO school.

chaeymaey said:
I would go to NYMC since its affiliated with a US MD school. Barry is affiliated with St. George, a Carib school, but a lot of the students in the program go to the local DO school.

I personally went to Barry and have since matriculated at a US MD school. I feel that the Barry Master's Program helped me beyond belief and now have an easier transition into med school. I don't know much about the NYMC program. You should talk to actual students who have graduated from the program, not the faculty and not the students that are currently enrolled. PM me if you have more specific questions :)