This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do they give you a reason as to why they denied you? Is it something that you can improve on and perhaps reapply for the next cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
@RealTalk911 I have been rejected before many times. All you need is that one yes, and when you get that yes it will all make sense. Continue to persevere and I am confident you will be admitted in a program that is a great match for you!

You're right. I'll keep working towards that 'YES'. God bless you

Do they give you a reason as to why they denied you? Is it something that you can improve on and perhaps reapply for the next cycle?

I was hoping to find that out. But was told that I couldn't be given that information. One of the alumns of the program told me that was a lie and to reach out to another staff member.

Members don't see this ad :)
@RealTalk911 Keep your head up, man. I'm not sure what happened between you and Mr. Stevens, but from the emails, he seemed like a really nice guy. Good luck to you.

He appeared nice to me as well up until we met, then things seemed awkward. Energy is everything though. I suppose ours didn't mesh well. I won't bash him b/c I could very well be wrong. I just needed this opportunity to escape the slumber of my poverty-stricken community to a place where I could LEARN, while getting the support I needed from people who were passionate about helping students like me reach a goal that seems surreal at times. I just want to get there to finally give back. In due time though.

I got denied as well! This was just another bump in our journey! Keep preserving, I wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors! By any chance, were you part of the nov 16th admissions day ?

Is Kariz your real name? If so, I think we talked on admissions day.

Also, can anyone talk about the cost associated with MEDPREP? I have looked online already but I'm interested in finding out a more realistic figure based on someone who has done the program before.

@ANTIdoc OMG Congrats!! I remember you were in the thread from last year with me, I'm so happy for you!
Also, I'm a first year MEDPREP student, this semester is pretty busy for us but if anyone has any questions about the curriculum, housing, life in Carbondale, etc. feel free to message me.

Reactions: 1 users
@T0004 Thank you soooo much!!!! Hope the year has been going great for you :) I’ll definitely message you shortly with some questions.

For anyone accepted from Cycle 1- if you’re interested in joining a group message (i.e. on this platform) until we hear more from the program, please feel free to message me!

Last edited:
After submitting the application, when exactly do we find out if we are invited to admissions day?

I am not sure when the invitations will be sent out. My guess is anytime after the deadline which is today at 4:30 PM.

In the instructions it says: "You'll be notified via e-mail when the Consolidated Packet is received."

Was anybody notified through email? I was checking my application regularly and happened to see that the "submit" button was available, but I didn't receive an email notifying me to submit it. Has anyone from Cycle 2 received an invite to admission day?

In the instructions it says: "You'll be notified via e-mail when the Consolidated Packet is received."

Was anybody notified through email? I was checking my application regularly and happened to see that the "submit" button was available, but I didn't receive an email notifying me to submit it. Has anyone from Cycle 2 received an invite to admission day?
I was notified through email. Mr.Stevens emailed me saying the packet was received. I have no yet received an invite to admissions day, however.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an invite for February 25th!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Woo! Congratulations! I'm very happy for you! Did you receive your invite via email or phone? I've been seeing both on previous threads.

Thanks.Now I know where to check. I feel like non-Illinois residents will be the last to receive an invite.

Congratulations to those that got an invite! Does not having an invite yet indicate that we will not be receiving invitations? :unsure:

Hello everyone.. I received an invite this afternoon as well, via email.

Congratulations to those that got an invite! Does not having an invite yet indicate that we will not be receiving invitations? :unsure:

They only began sending out invites today, so I would wait. I have seen in previous threads that it takes several days for them to complete all invitations.

They only began sending out invites today, so I would wait. I have seen in previous threads that it takes several days for them to complete all invitations.
Thank you for the hope. <3 I really do appreciate it.

What kind of questions do they ask on interview day? I’ve been to medical school interviews but I’m curious as to how their questions will be structured

Has anyone been invited to the Feb 22nd Admission Day? If so, I'll be seeing you. Best of luck.

Good luck to everyone who has received an invite to Admissions Day!

Reactions: 3 users
Did you receive the invite today?

I did.

For anyone who has not gotten an invite yet, hang in there. There are multiple admission days: Feb 22, Feb 25, and an overflow day of March 18. If you could not get in this time around, figure out areas in which your application was lacking, and find ways to enhance it prior to reapplying. Best wishes.

If you don’t get an invite, does that pretty much mean you didn’t get into the program? Do they send you a denial email?

What kind of questions do they ask on interview day? I’ve been to medical school interviews but I’m curious as to how their questions will be structured
The interview will be more of a conversation if anything. You will most likely have MEDPREP faculty/staff (current or retired). If they ask questions they will most likely ask about your first time applying to medical school (if you did try to apply) or in general why you need this post-baccalaureate program. They also will try to get out of you how much dedication you have for receiving this "second chance" at becoming a great applicant for health professional school.

Tips for the interview: 1) Stay positive (turn your negatives into positives if you even speak about negatives) 2) Read and be aware of the MEDPREP mission statement beforehand 3) Be able to answer how as an under-represented minority and/or socially disadvantage and/or economically disadvantaged will you contribute to the healthcare field 4) Do not be afraid to be yourself! They will appreciate authenticity 5) RELAX. The interview is the most chill part of admissions day. Just have a legit conversation with your interviewer and even ask them questions about the program and how they like being a part of MEDPREP.

Sorry for the delay y'all! Currently in the midst of the Step 1 studying era. Feel free to ask more questions or even direct message me if you have a specific question!

If you don’t get an invite, does that pretty much mean you didn’t get into the program? Do they send you a denial email?
I also haven't recieved an email yet and I'm beginning to feel uneasy. I kind of want to call and find out if the process is still going so I remain hopeful, or how I can improve my application for the future so I can get some closure... but I also don't want to annoy them in any way because I'm sure they're really busy.

I also haven't recieved an email yet and I'm beginning to feel uneasy. I kind of want to call and find out if the process is still going so I remain hopeful, or how I can improve my application for the future so I can get some closure... but I also don't want to annoy them in any way because I'm sure they're really busy.
Yeah I’m just patiently waiting. I’m from out of state so maybe that’s why it’s taking longer. Not sure.

Once you get an invite, complete it IMMEDIATELY. I lost my slot for February 25th lol and Mr. Stevens called me twice (didn’t pick up the first time) to inform me my date had switched to the 8th of March and to send him my form ASAP

@_Sunflowerstar I know your question wasn't meant for me but in terms of flying, if possible I would fly into STL and either take the BART Shuttle or perhaps arrange a rental car. The Marion airport is extremely small (as are the planes you would fly in, the planes seat about 8 or 9 people including the pilot).

Just some advice for those who got an invite, I would go on apartment tours while you're here.

The small plane is honestly not bad. It's cheaper ($60 roundtrip vs. $120-140 roundtrip with the shuttle) and less travel time (1 hr vs. 2 hr with the shuttle).

Reactions: 2 users
Once you get an invite, complete it IMMEDIATELY. I lost my slot for February 25th lol and Mr. Stevens called me twice (didn’t pick up the first time) to inform me my date had switched to the 8th of March and to send him my form ASAP

Agreed. It seems like there maybe a lot of applicants this time around.

Click on the user's name and then click on "start a conversation."

I got invited! Is flying into Marion, Illinois possible? Or is STL the best bet?
There is a tiny airport in Marion! But it might be more expensive to fly there compared to Saint Louis. I think there is a shuttle called The Bart that goes inbetween Carbondale and St. Louis but I do not know how often it run or if you need to book it in advance. Otherwise if it is possible to rent a car for one day then that might be an option as well!

I was invited to the first Admission Day in February I am out of state applicant and handed in my reccomevdation 2 days after the deadline . But received an invite 4 days letter. I am nervous for the admission test can anyone let me know more about it .

@ANTIdoc OMG Congrats!! I remember you were in the thread from last year with me, I'm so happy for you!
Also, I'm a first year MEDPREP student, this semester is pretty busy for us but if anyone has any questions about the curriculum, housing, life in Carbondale, etc. feel free to message me.
Hi..
just wanted to make sure does ZmedPrep SIU consider other than disadvanted/socioeconomic population? I am asian not really in that category but I applied. Just wanted to know if you had any asians in uour class. - Thanks

Do you have any clue if the acceptance letters have gone out yet? The dates given for those interviewees was late Jan, early Feb. havent seen anyone say they have received a letter yet? Thanks!

The first Admission Day isn't until Feb 22nd for Cycle 2. People won't be seeing any letters of acceptance until late March/ early April I'm guessing.

Hi..
just wanted to make sure does ZmedPrep SIU consider other than disadvanted/socioeconomic population? I am asian not really in that category but I applied. Just wanted to know if you had any asians in uour class. - Thanks

I have seen Whites and Asians in previous class photos. I'm sure they'll consider your personal socioeconomic status.

The first Admission Day isn't until Feb 22nd for Cycle 2. People won't be seeing any letters of acceptance until late March/ early April I'm guessing.
This would have been the mid Dec. interview date.

Just some advice for those who got an invite, I would go on apartment tours while you're here.

The small plane is honestly not bad. It's cheaper ($60 roundtrip vs. $120-140 roundtrip with the shuttle) and less travel time (1 hr vs. 2 hr with the shuttle).
Hi I’m working on my travel arrangements you mentioned the little plane is that between St Louis and Marion?

Hi..
Omg i just realized I definitely have someone who is Asian in my class. I couldn't think off the top of my head, my bad!

Hi I’m working on my travel arrangements you mentioned the little plane is that between St Louis and Marion?
Yes, Cape Air. It will take you to Marion which is 10-15 min away from where we are. There is also a BART shuttle from the airport that takes you directly to your destination. They will make pit stops though.

Good luck to all my fellow applicants who have their Admission Day on the 22nd!

Reactions: 4 users
For those that had admission days the 22nd, how was it