SIU MEDPREP 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MEDISLM

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, starting this because I haven't seen anyone post for the 21-22 admissions cycle yet which I applied to! Admission day just passed last Friday (2/18) and hopefully you all feel good about it. Feel free to post any questions, updates, or comments you may have about the application process or SIU MEDPREP in general. I wish everyone the best of luck and hope to see you all in Carbondale Summer 2022! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, starting this because I haven't seen anyone post for the 21-22 admissions cycle yet which I applied to! Admission day just passed last Friday (2/18) and hopefully you all feel good about it. Feel free to post any questions, updates, or comments you may have about the application process or SIU MEDPREP in general. I wish everyone the best of luck and hope to see you all in Carbondale Summer 2022! :)
Thanks for starting this! I was wondering when someone would post for this admissions cycle. Based on their website it says prioirty applicants should here a decsion before March 1st. Super anxious 😅

Thanks for starting this! I was wondering when someone would post for this admissions cycle. Based on their website it says prioirty applicants should here a decsion before March 1st. Super anxious 😅
Of course! No need to be anxious it'll all work out in the end!! Have you heard back yet? I asked Dr. Burnside about when priority should hear back during my interview and he said early March as well but they're usually running a little behind schedule. Hopefully we'll hear back my at least mid-march. Wishing you the best of luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Of course! No need to be anxious it'll all work out in the end!! Have you heard back yet? I asked Dr. Burnside about when priority should hear back during my interview and he said early March as well but they're usually running a little behind schedule. Hopefully we'll hear back my at least mid-march. Wishing you the best of luck!!!
You’re definitely right in everything working out in the end one way or another! I haven’t heard anything back from them yet, I know that their spring break starts at the end of today so perhaps we’ll know the week of the 14th. Good luck to you too!

lol I don't think much people have found this forum yet but I have an update! I got a invited for a seat at MEDPREP this summer! Mr. Stevens just notified me today and I look forward to meeting other incoming students :) Hope everyone gets the news they're hoping for!

I talked to Mr. Stevens and the the first selection of the new MEDPREP Class of 2024 has been completed. This upcoming week will be the last set of selections then the new MEDPREP First Year Class of 2024 will be decieded then the new cohort will then be completed. After that, Mr. Stevens will host a second look WebEx where the new Cohort will get to meet each other for the very first time. I was one of the new students. I was notified last week and was very impressed that I got a personalized face to face offer from Mr. Stevens. I've never recieved this type of personalized customer service before. Mr. Stevens informed me that he does this becuase it's a great way to reward those who earned a seat in one of the longest standing and most well known Post Bac in the United States. Mr. Stevens informed me that once the entire cohort is selected that everyone will get their personalized individual offer letters.

You’re definitely right in everything working out in the end one way or another! I haven’t heard anything back from them yet, I know that their spring break starts at the end of today so perhaps we’ll know the week of the 14th. Good luck to you too!
I found out that the entire Class of 2024 cohort will be decided on by next week.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, everyone I just found out today from Mr. Stevens that I was accepted into the program! I'm excited to meet all of you this summer!

Hi, everybody if someone from early admissions hasn’t heard back yet does that mean they got rejected ?

Oh ok thanks for letting me know. I assume then that I probably got rejected or less there is a waitlist of some sort.

Hi All, I am happy to say that I was selected for the program. We had our Second Look Virtual MedPrep WebEx welcome last night with Mr. Stevens. We were told last night that it's a total of 23 new First Year students who will be starting the program on Friday, June 17, 2022.

A friend of mind who did not get in was informed that everyone who did not get an invite will be allowed to schedule a WebEx virtual meeting to discuss why you did not get in and what you can do to better yourself if you want to try and apply again next year. Mr. Stevens said those meetings for the ones who did not get in can be scheduled starting in May.

Mr. Stevens informed us last night that the MEDPREP Admissions Office will be closed for vacation from Friday, April 8th to Monday May 1st.