Shenandoah University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's what I meant... I'm sorry it wasn't clear, I know it's included with our tuition stuff or whatever, but it's not as though we are responsible for getting it on our own. :)

Members don't see this ad.

for those of you who already go to Shenadoah University where do you guys live if you are not living on campus?

for those of you who already go to Shenadoah University where do you guys live if you are not living on campus?

Pemberton for me...

Pemberton and Stuart Hill are right beside each other, and a lot of students live in either of these places.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pemberton for me...

Pemberton and Stuart Hill are right beside each other, and a lot of students live in either of these places.

Hey thanks, could you give me some info on pemberton? Like the phone number of it and how much it costs? I have already contacted Stuart Hill..which apt complex do you think is better. thanks again.

Hey thanks, could you give me some info on pemberton? Like the phone number of it and how much it costs? I have already contacted Stuart Hill..which apt complex do you think is better. thanks again.

Pemberton number is 540-678-4100

Rental rates range from $775 - $925, with an extra charge for 3rd floor because they contain a fireplace and vaulted ceilings. You may get 2 BR 1 Bath, 2 BR 2 Bath, or 3 BR 2 Bath.

Pemberton serves me quite well enough - they do have a central laundry room, but I don't use it. Stuart Hill is a little more expensive and I am sure they are nicer inside, but I have never set foot in one so I cannot really compare.

hello, thanks for the information. How did you find a roommate your first year?

hello, thanks for the information. How did you find a roommate your first year?

I live alone, but I think some people got together through the Yahoo group for CO 2010, so you might try the CO 2011 group... Sometimes, the school also forwards info from students looking for roomates as well.

thanks so much for your help, i actually called them today and they are going to mail me some information. Do you happen to know the price range that condos go around in that area. My biggest concern is not having a roommate, because of economic reasons, and also because 1 bedrooms are hard to come by. In anycase thanks so much for your help. :)

thanks so much for your help, i actually called them today and they are going to mail me some information. Do you happen to know the price range that condos go around in that area. My biggest concern is not having a roommate, because of economic reasons, and also because 1 bedrooms are hard to come by. In anycase thanks so much for your help. :)

I'm not familiar with condo price ranges here, but my best guess is they would be comparable to the price ranges for Stuart Hill or Pemberton, +/-. Again, I am not sure, but you might be able to contact Shenandoah to find out if an email looking for roommates can be sent to the incoming class once they have all their final decisions made. :)

thank you again...I think i will call them up soon to talk about getting some help for roommates.

has anyone heard from SU recently? I interviewed there 1st week of feb...i was looking fwd to a quick response from them..

I live off campus in a house that I rent. I have multiple animals, and when I moved up here a year and a half ago, I had a Weimaraner, so that automatically eliminated apartments for me.

Most students live with roommates in various apartments. I would check www.winchesterstar.com in the classifieds section as well. Sometimes cute independent townhouses or apartments are available.

Hi Glycerin :) They never did call me for the hospital.

p.s. Buy some candygrams

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone heard from SU recently? I interviewed there 1st week of feb...i was looking fwd to a quick response from them..

I interviewed on the 9th (2nd week of Feb) and haven't heard anything yet (that would be record speed if I did, I guess). I'm optimistic about Shenandoah, but a bit demoralized since I just got wait listed at Midwestern-CPG.

Hopefully I'll hear this week.

I also interviewed on the first week of feb. Still waiting for their e-mail :(

Good luck everyone!

hey everyone!

anyone heard anything so far? I interviewed there on 2/5 and apparently i've been put on hold...

Feeling a lil bummed out...

good luck to all of you guys who interviewed recently...you should be hearing back from them soon because the deadline to make the deposit to reserve your seat is March 15th.

For those already accepted...how many of you guys are going to be attending for sure?

I'll be attending for sure see you in August!!

I'll be attending for sure see you in August!!

Cool...it seems like I am going to be attending there for sure as well. I am going to go back to Winchester Mid-March to find a place to live. Do you know where you are going to live?

Is anyone who was accepted for 2011 going to the Open House in March? I'll be going, wondering if anyone wants to meet up and discuss housing and roommates. PM me.

Is anyone who was accepted for 2011 going to the Open House in March? I'll be going, wondering if anyone wants to meet up and discuss housing and roommates. PM me.

Do you think the Open House will be useful for students who are already accepted? I do not if I will be able to make it at that date. I am going to go up there around March 15th.

There is a student panel at the open house who will answer any or all of your questions, at least I would try to. It might be a useful tool if you need to know more about the area. Otherwise keep on posting questions here and I'll try to answer them for you on here.

There is a student panel at the open house who will answer any or all of your questions, at least I would try to. It might be a useful tool if you need to know more about the area. Otherwise keep on posting questions here and I'll try to answer them for you on here.

thanks for your help...I am going to try to ask for days off in advance to go to the open house. I am going to come there soon to look for living arrangements..do u know how I could go about looking for a place to live. Actually do you know about any condos that are up for sale?

I went to the open house in November and I think it might be more helpful if you are still considering the school. I felt like there was a big focus on pre-requisites and the application process, which we have already been through if we've been accepted... Now, on the other hand, I did enjoy the open panel with the students, that was helpful!

And I'll be seeing you all in August too! So excited! :)

hey, thanks..that would be great....when did u find a place to live before starting school? Is this too early to start looking?

I signed my lease in June, you could come early and get a job at any of the pharmacies here probably. CVS is a big one. I signed early because the apartment size i wanted was available in late june or late september, so I was kind of forced in early.

I signed my lease in June, you could come early and get a job at any of the pharmacies here probably. CVS is a big one. I signed early because the apartment size i wanted was available in late june or late september, so I was kind of forced in early.

DO most students work during school? Will we have time?

Alot of students do work, first semester I was doing about 15 hrs/wk. This semester is a little less because I have service learning, about 5-10 hrs/wk. It really comes down to what you can handle. I just make sure I'm not scheduled the night before tests and study when you have to. The key to pharmacy school really is just time management.

If you wanna PM with your email, I can set you up with the intern coordinator for the CVS's in this region. There is also Rite Aid, Martin's (grocery store), a Walgreens that should open by summer, Target, Walmarts, K-mart, and a bunch of independents. The big one is CVS with about 5 stores.

Alot of students do work, first semester I was doing about 15 hrs/wk. This semester is a little less because I have service learning, about 5-10 hrs/wk. It really comes down to what you can handle. I just make sure I'm not scheduled the night before tests and study when you have to. The key to pharmacy school really is just time management.

If you wanna PM with your email, I can set you up with the intern coordinator for the CVS's in this region. There is also Rite Aid, Martin's (grocery store), a Walgreens that should open by summer, Target, Walmarts, K-mart, and a bunch of independents. The big one is CVS with about 5 stores.

I accedentally PMed you twice...sorrya bout that :(

When should I start worrying about a place to live. I don't want to buy a condo or anything but how does it work for everyone else. Is there a housing list sent out and if so when does it usually get sent out? Do any of the students live in dorms? If so do they recommend it? These questions are for anybody attending so please help me out. Thank you.

Oh presidente, you are just so helpful to all these hopefuls. Keep up the good work.

SHould i call the school and make sure im enrolled for fall 2007 100%..i mean does paying your deposit mean your in in...or is there anything else i need. I just want to make sure everything is accounted for if anyone knows what i mean?

Ooh which store? Please say Berryville

And to stay on topic, You shouldnt have to, you will recieve a bunch of materials in the next couple of months. Just take some time to relax and not worry about anything!

Hi!!I am worried about one thing. I'm studying in community college.Does the Shenandoah accept CC studentds? Thanks for reply and congrats who got in!!!!It is reealy important because I am planning to apply in 2009.Thaaannnksss

Hi guys!
I've decided to go to UMB, so if anyone would be so kind as to take care of the Shenandoah yahoo group I started, that would be great. Just send me a PM, and I'll give you the password.

Thanks! :)

Does anyone know what I would be able to do with my famliy in Winchester, or places around it? We are going to come up there for about a week to try to start looking for a place to live. Has anyone been to the Caverns?

I've been to the caverns, and they are pretty cool. You could also check out Dinosaur Land!

To current Shenandoah students: Are you happy with the decision to attend Shenandoah? Do you have any regrets (should've gone somewhere cheaper, gone to a 3-year, etc.)? And what is the program like? Sure I've read everything on the school website, but what is it like to be a student there? Does the focus seem to be on clinical/hospital, residencies, retail, etc.? Any info would be appreciated.

are the students allowed to wear jeans to class..or is formal attire required? thanks

I've been to the caverns, and they are pretty cool. You could also check out Dinosaur Land!

Are you referring to Natural Bridge? I live close to it - cool place.

are the students allowed to wear jeans to class..or is formal attire required? thanks

Jeans are fine, no formal attire requirements except during some presentations and such - just keep your pajamas at home and your underwear on the inside...

To current Shenandoah students: Are you happy with the decision to attend Shenandoah? Do you have any regrets (should've gone somewhere cheaper, gone to a 3-year, etc.)? And what is the program like? Sure I've read everything on the school website, but what is it like to be a student there? Does the focus seem to be on clinical/hospital, residencies, retail, etc.? Any info would be appreciated.

I am happy enough with it and have no regrets about it. My home is within a few hours of the school and I am used to the way of life here. The program is generally rigorous and I am fine with all my classes EXCEPT pharmacogenomics, which is being taught there for the first time the semester. I believe I would rather try to bite a rattlesnake on the tongue than deal with that class much longer. That said, there are probably classes like that at every school. The classes generally consist of a big PowerPoint presentation outside of labs (which aren't bad at all). Some of the slides are a bit wordier than they should be, but they suffice. Another new thing this semester: P1 class teleconferencing between campuses. Hopefully, any remaining bugs will be worked out by next fall. Gradewise, you take away what you put in. If you keep up with the coursework, you'll be fine. Again, that can be said of any school. The focus so far seems to be clinical/hospital and retail. As for student life, there isn't that much to do in Winchester, especially if you need a lot of nightlife, which you probably wouldn't have much time for anyway. Personally, I generally sit on the very outskirts of any circle of friends. I like my classmates; those I have come to know are very nice, especially the sweet ones who reside in the Pemberton complex. If you make friends easily, there should be no problems with social time. All in all, for me, I like being a student there, except this week (PGx midterm). Spring break is next week, so I am going to go home and imbibe ethanol-containing products to get over it! Anymore questions, just shout 'em out... :)

Yeah what he said.

Its generally laid back but you definitely get out of the program what you put into it. The Pharmacogenomics/teleconferencing is new, but the class has come a looong way since our first quiz.

I love the area it is beautiful up here. The only downside is if you're a big partier, theres not much to do as far as the night scene goes.

Since I am out of state, the fact that Shenandoah is private is awesome. I actually am saving money by going here, any other out of state school would cost me more. I didn't get into MD and at the time that was the only school to apply to in state.

Has anybody recieved any housing information or know when we will get some information about housing? Any comments will be helpful. Thanx

I've got a question kind of along those same lines...

Has anyone received any information recently from Shenandoah? I haven't received anything since I got my admissions packet with the blue form for the physical and info on the deposit in January. I'm kinda worried that I haven't heard from them recently.... Also... I'm not planning on getting my physical till May, after graduation... do they need it earlier than that?

Just a little concerned that we've gone on for a while with no info...

One more thing... anyone know which campus we are at? (Winchester or Ashburn???) I'd love if someone knew that.

I called them to find out if they got everything, which I think you should do. I have not gotten anymore information. When I contacted them they said they will contact us about class registration after they figure out who the final class is.

ALSO...I went to Winchester this past week to figure out a place to live. I am thinking about getting a 2 bedroom condo....does anyone need a place to live?