*Scholl Class of 2011*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I will be at Scholl as well! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to you too! Yep, you were sitting to my right when the dean came in, right?

So, then you've decided on Scholl? That's great! It will be nice to see a familiar face come Aug 6...even if we only met that one day. :D

Yay. Yeah, I've definitely decided that Scholl is the right school for me. Interview day was so much fun and the school seems great. I'll be sure to look out for you on orientation day. I wonder if we'll be seeing anyone else from the 9 of us that interviewed that day! Cant wait!!!

That's great! It will be nice to see a familiar face come Aug 6...even if we only met that one day. :D

Hey, is Aug-6 our orientation? Because i was thinking Scholl starts from Aug-13!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, is Aug-6 our orientation? Because i was thinking Scholl starts from Aug-13!

Orientation begins on the 6th, since some of it will be with the CMS students, but lecture starts on the 13th!

Orientation begins on the 6th, since some of it will be with the CMS students, but lecture starts on the 13th!

So will it be week-long? From the 6th till that Friday, the 10th? Im confused bc I've heard it was only 3 days...which is correct?

So will it be week-long? From the 6th till that Friday, the 10th? Im confused bc I've heard it was only 3 days...which is correct?

I'm not positive, but that is what it sounded like when I talked with them at the wrap up session. This year the orientation is different, so they are still planning it, which means that anything is possible. I was told to plan on it being the entire week. It'll be great to get the packets that another poster was speaking of come June.

This year the orientation is different, so they are still planning it, which means that anything is possible. .

How abt they do Orientation in Hawai or some really sunny place:D bcoz once the school starts, for the next 4 yrs we have to face the brunt of cold midwest winters:(

How abt they do Orientation in Hawai or some really sunny place:D bcoz once the school starts, for the next 4 yrs we have to face the brunt of cold midwest winters:(

I say we and the rest of the co 2011 petition for this ingenious idea! :D Wouldnt it be nice...

Sounds GREAT!:D

Hey, let's all put where we are from.

Northern Illinois for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just south of Chicago for me.

Basically from the thick tropical jungles of South India :D (yep Junglebook was written based on south indan jungles.he he he). then moved to the Beer Capital of USA & Land of cheese - Milwaukee but now in middle of cold midwestern plains.That is Spring grove,IL.

Basically from the thick tropical jungles of South India :D (yep Junglebook was written based on my south indan jungles.he he he). then moved to the Beer Capital of USA & Land of cheese - Milwaukee but now in middle of cold midwestern plains.That is Spring grove,IL.

What more could you ask for than beer and cheese? Two of my favorites:love:

Nope, I didn't serve abroad, was discharged right before my unit went to Iraq.

My scouting trip was good. Some places were...interesting...
Some were really nice, but pricey. I think I'm looking at Gurnee, that way I'm near EVERYTHING. And it is a little more in my price range. Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

from Flint, MI but transplanted to Iowa City, IA.

I did 3 years active duty in the Army after college also.

I'm from Seattle, and yes, it rains a lot here. Who's up for ice fishing this winter?

It's awesome that so many areas of the country are represented...what about the east coast?

and I haven't been icefishing for at least 10 years! Although if that's what you like to do, this is the place for it; provided the winter is cold again. Last few years (minus this past winter) haven't been great for winter sports.

Hey everyone,

I've been hearing that Scholl is close to a bad area of town or a not-so-nice neighborhood. What city is this Im hearing about? Is it Waukegan? By bad, do people mean like gangs and crime, etc. I want to find out so I know what places to avoid when Im looking for housing options. Thanks!!! :D

Hey everyone,

I've been hearing that Scholl is close to a bad area of town or a not-so-nice neighborhood. What city is this Im hearing about? Is it Waukegan? By bad, do people mean like gangs and crime, etc. I want to find out so I know what places to avoid when Im looking for housing options. Thanks!!! :D

Scholl is squeezed between a very poor area (Waukegan) and an extremely rich area (Forest Lake). I wouldn't worry too much about crime, however choose to live in a decent place. Lake Bluff, Gurnee, or any other surrounding suburbs are great places to live.

Scholl is squeezed between a very poor area (Waukegan) and an extremely rich area (Forest Lake). I wouldn't worry too much about crime, however choose to live in a decent place. Lake Bluff, Gurnee, or any other surrounding suburbs are great places to live.

Ya, median home price in Lake Forest $1.4 million. Median home price in Waukegan $170,000. Although you have Lake Bluff between the two...but, still the disparity is huge. Lake Forest usually makes it into the top 50 wealthiest suburbs in the country. I'm not sure what it is currently ranked, but a few years ago, Lake County slipped from 9th richest to 13th richest county in the country. So, overall the county is pretty affluent, but there are some areas of normalness...or even a few "rough" areas. According to the National Association of realtors in 2006 the median home price in the United States was $210,600. Looking at it in that way, Waukegan isn't that far below the national median.

I'm sure you will be able to find something decent close to school that is safe, so like doclm said, don't worry!!!:thumbup:

Thanks guys!!! Its hard when all I know are the names of the cities...I dont want to pick a place just based off of price and distance from campus you know what I mean?

KHep, I PMed you.

Not to vere off topic here, but as the April 1st priority deadline approaches, I wonder what percentage of our class is filled up. Anyone have any idea? I think our class size this year is about 105 or 110 or somewhere around there. How exciting!!!:D

SCPM class of 09 member here.

Just wanted to say welcome and that this school rocks!

Hey all, I just recently got accepted. I'm from Seattle, Wa.

When I have my interview last week, Mandy told me that the class is about 110 or so, and at the time ~75% of the class had been filled (rough statistics, don't shoot me if they're wrong :( )

Anyway, hope to see you all this upcoming August. It seems so soon, UW is on quarter system so we always start at the beginning of Oct. and get out early/mid-June (I graduate June 8, so barely any summer break for me...)

Hey all, I just recently got accepted. I'm from Seattle, Wa.

When I have my interview last week, Mandy told me that the class is about 110 or so, and at the time ~75% of the class had been filled (rough statistics, don't shoot me if they're wrong :( )

Anyway, hope to see you all this upcoming August. It seems so soon, UW is on quarter system so we always start at the beginning of Oct. and get out early/mid-June (I graduate June 8, so barely any summer break for me...)

Hey Tiggles,

What day did you interview? I interviewed last week as well.

Hey Tiggles,

What day did you interview? I interviewed last week as well.

I see from your sig. that yours was last friday, mine was on Wedesday. Was it still raining? There was a really bad storm Wednesday that caused O'Here Airport to delay a ton of flights (boo ;-( ).

I see from your sig. that yours was last friday, mine was on Wedesday. Was it still raining? There was a really bad storm Wednesday that caused O'Here Airport to delay a ton of flights (boo ;-( ).

No, it was nice, a little cool breeze. My flight to and from Chicago was delayed but only by an hour. when did you find out your acceptance, via email or snail mail?

Yay new classmates!!! Welcome! :) 75% filled sounds about right I suppose. As far as when you find out, some people find out same day as interview. I found out via phone call from Mandy, followed a few days later by my acceptance package in the mail (extremely slow snail mail, btw). Good luck to those waiting to hear back!!:luck:

I also found out via a phone call from Mandy, and am still waiting on the acceptance package in the mail, Chicago to Seattle might be awhile =(

I also found out via a phone call from Mandy, and am still waiting on the acceptance package in the mail, Chicago to Seattle might be awhile =(

Yeah, Im in the same boat. My package was mailed last Wednesday and did not arrive at my house in San Diego until this past Monday. EEk! Talk about slooow. Never realized how much I love the beloved email technology!!:love:

Just wondering, but how many of you guys applied for student housing? I know the deadline for the lottery thing was last friday and that they supposively drew from that on Monday. Has anyone actually heard back or will we be in the dark until a contract is sent to us via snail mail?

Just wondering, but how many of you guys applied for student housing? I know the deadline for the lottery thing was last friday and that they supposively drew from that on Monday. Has anyone actually heard back or will we be in the dark until a contract is sent to us via snail mail?

I applied. But I missed the Friday deadline by 2 days. So im not in the lottery. I will only be able to get housing if there are any available after the lottery. Bummer, but I wasnt aware of the deadline until I applied :(. It may be in my acceptance packet but I havent seen the packet yet. Its at my parents house in San Diego:(

Tiggles,

I called Scholl today - apparently there was a problem with the computer system they use to do the lottery, so it won't be done now until next Monday :( Bummer, I know. I really want to find out! The woman told me we will be informed early-mid next week.

Thanks for the info CareBear9984 :)

So if the class is 75% filled, is that people who they accepted or is that people who are actually matriculating (gave in deposit and said yes to acceptance)?

So if the class is 75% filled, is that people who they accepted or is that people who are actually matriculating (gave in deposit and said yes to acceptance)?

I think that is the number who have given their seat deposits. When I was there the interviewer said something about Mandy opening envelope #s 63 and 64; which suggests that they were seat deposits. I was there on March 6th, so 10 to 15 more seat deposits seems like it would be reasonable, especially with all of the interviewing that they have done this month. But, that's just my assumption.:D

So how is the Class of 2011 feeling here? Everyone pumped up and ready for school in August?

Well,

I finally decided. It took me a while but I had to wait for Scholl. It was a hard decision but I am happy with it.

Really looking forward to starting school this Fall. I will be looking for off campus housing since I am married with kids. I will probably buy a house again. My hubby is not to receptive to an apartment. Plus, we got to Harleys we got to be able to park. Hopefully, not too much parking but riding!:) :thumbup:

Anywho, any motorcycle riders out there! Would like to hook up with anybody looking to ride with my hubby and I. I'm a new rider but he's a vet. :thumbup:

I will probably buy a house again. My hubby is not to receptive to an apartment. Plus, we got to Harleys we got to be able to park. Hopefully, not too much parking but riding!:) :thumbup:

You could rent a house around Scholl area (you have to be carefull abt some neighborhood though) . A 2-3 bd room house ranges from $1500-$2500 in grayslake, round lake beach, gurnee, vernon hills area.

Since many of you are coming from out of state and looking for housing options (buying/renting). I guess i missed a golden chance of making some extra money. I could have become a parttime real estate agent till scholl started:laugh: .

once everyone gets settled, maybe we can setup carpools to save on gas. Or maybe some will take the metrorail in to school.

I will probably come up in late May for about a week or so to look at housing. Anybody have an idea on what the property taxes are like on homes in the various areas?

once everyone gets settled, maybe we can setup carpools to save on gas. Or maybe some will take the metrorail in to school.

I will probably come up in late May for about a week or so to look at housing. Anybody have an idea on what the property taxes are like on homes in the various areas?

It really depends on where and at what you are looking to buy. Gurnee, Mundelein, Grayslake will be between 8,000 and 13,000 for a 4 bedroom 2.5 bath. Libertyville is a bit more generally, Vernon Hills too. Waukegan is less.
My husband and I live in an older smaller home in Grayslake and are taxes are on the lower side, but we also have been in our home for ten years. I have friends paying over 1500 a month on taxes:eek: I think it's nuts. PM me and I can give you more area specifics...my family has been here for a very very long time. Too, let me know when you are coming in May and maybe we can meet up.

Well,

I finally decided. It took me a while but I had to wait for Scholl. It was a hard decision but I am happy with it.

Really looking forward to starting school this Fall. I will be looking for off campus housing since I am married with kids. I will probably buy a house again. My hubby is not to receptive to an apartment. Plus, we got to Harleys we got to be able to park. Hopefully, not too much parking but riding!:) :thumbup:

Anywho, any motorcycle riders out there! Would like to hook up with anybody looking to ride with my hubby and I. I'm a new rider but he's a vet. :thumbup:

My husband and I don't ride, but our neighbors do...
How old are your kids? I have a 9yr old and a 5 yr old.