*Scholl Class of 2011*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sure the stats of admitted Scholl students are a little higher than other schools, but a 3.6 gpa coupled with a good mcat (>26)

I just want to be the correction police. Over the last 5 years, the highest overall entrance stats belong to DMU.

Per Scholl website the average GPA and MCAT are:
Overall GPA 3.2
Pre-req GPA 3.0
MCAT 22

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! Ya, hopefully nobody beat us out on those dates, right? I too was a little dismayed to hear that they only had March or April. I guess I shouldn't have been, considering how they give such a large number of possible dates. I applied to DO schools two years ago (I declined an acceptance to WVCOM) and my experience was that they gave you one...or two dates at most. Well, any way, good luck and maybe I'll see ya there! Any idea how many they interview on a given day?:luck:

I have no clue how many interviewees per day, probably around 3, 4 or 5. So you got accepted to DO school a couple years back? What made you decline their acceptance offer and go into Podiatric Med? Just curious. If you got accepted into DO school I'm sure get accepted into Scholl. Good luck to you. I havent gotten a confirmation email back from Kimberly yet so I'm a little worried because she said she'd email with a confirmation almost immediately. ..Oh well, pateince is a virtue. Good luck to you!

I just want to be the correction police. Over the last 5 years, the highest overall entrance stats belong to DMU.

Per Scholl website the average GPA and MCAT are:
Overall GPA 3.2
Pre-req GPA 3.0
MCAT 22

I dont want to be correction police...but he said "a little higher than other schools" not highest of all schools.

and on another note...for you BEARS FANS:
We Bears fans amuse ourselves by scaring every Indianapolis fan we see strutting down the street with that obnoxious horseshoe on their coats. We swerve our cars as if to hit them, and then swerve back just missing them.
The other day, while driving along, I saw a priest walking. I thought I would do a good deed, so I pulled over and asked the priest, "Where are you going Father?" "I'm going to give mass at St. Francis Church, about 2 miles down the road," replied the priest. "Climb in, Father! I'll give you a lift!"
The priest climbed into the rear passenger seat, and we continued down the road. Suddenly, I saw a Colts fan with his horseshoe coat, walking down the road. I instinctively swerved as if to hit him. But, as usual, I swerved back into the road just in time. Even though I was certain that I had missed the guy, I still heard a loud "THUD." Not understanding where the noise came from, I glanced in my mirrors but didn't see anything. I then remembered the priest, and turned to the priest and said, "Sorry Father, I almost hit that Colts fan."
"That's OK," replied the priest, "I got him with the door."

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont want to be correction police...but he said "a little higher than other schools" not highest of all schools.

You are removing "a little higher than other schools" from the stats that were quoted. Adding those two things together, it did say that it was the "highest of all schools." Heck a 3.6, 26 is higher than some allopathic schools.

I posted the data per Scholl under the correction to ensure all pre-pods were aware of the correct data.

Thank you
The Correction Police

You are removing "a little higher than other schools" from the stats that were quoted. Adding those two things together, it did say that it was the "highest of all schools." Heck a 3.6, 26 is higher than some allopathic schools.

I posted the data per Scholl under the correction to ensure all pre-pods were aware of the correct data.

Thank you
The Correction Police

Jewmongous stated that his GPA is 3.6. So that's where that number came from. I think the point of the original post was as it sayed, those stats would speak "highly" of Jewmongous in applying to scholl and that scholl has higher stats than "other" schools which is true. Maybe not higher than DMU but higher than "others".

I have no clue how many interviewees per day, probably around 3, 4 or 5. So you got accepted to DO school a couple years back? What made you decline their acceptance offer and go into Podiatric Med? Just curious. If you got accepted into DO school I'm sure get accepted into Scholl. Good luck to you. I havent gotten a confirmation email back from Kimberly yet so I'm a little worried because she said she'd email with a confirmation almost immediately. ..Oh well, pateince is a virtue. Good luck to you!

The reason that I didn't go to WVCOM is multifaceted. Before going out there to interview I was mistakenly given information that after owning a home in the state for one year, out of state students would receive in state tuition. We are currently home owners and would have purchased a home there. Turns out that the only way to change your residency status is to marry a West Virginian; my husband just didn't like that idea.:D Out of state tuition is 48,000. If I were in my early twenties, 200+ thousand dollars might not have seemed that scary, but considering the fact that there weren't any employment opportunities for my husband who is an engineer, it was hard to face that sort of debt at our ages and with two kids.I have two young children whose medical problems originally led me in the direction of medicine. My son has had a few surgeries, my daughter one and they both need routine diagnostic testing. So, we need to have good (continuous, so that we won't be denied repayment) insurance and be able to pay for the procedures. My daughter is also a competitive gymnast who works out 15 hours a week; she needs access to a gym. The closest gym that I could find was 50 miles away. 500 miles of driving per week to get my daughter to the gym was a ridiculous idea. I couldn't take away Mom (I'd be consumed with class) and take away the sport that she loves. My son was also having a lot of problems with speech and hearing. I felt like I needed to regroup and focus on what are the real priorities in my life. My kids needed me to put them first at that particular juncture. I loved the location of the school for myself; it was beautiful. The school itself has the number one program for fm out of both md and do. Everyone was incredibly welcoming. It just wasn't the best overall fit for my family at that time.

Now I've gotten my kids on track. Their health is greatly improved. I was able to help my son ease into kindergarten. I feel like I've set them up to be successful. As a unit, my family and I are in a good place, so it's time for me to go back to school. I've had since Summer of 2005 to consider whether or not to reapply to DO (I still love the philosophy) or do something else. I've spent a lot of time pondering the "what to do with my life" question. Originally I didn't look at Podiatry because I knew that it was an unfulfilled dream of my Dad's. I had a friend doing an Optometry residency who got to know some Pod residents pretty well and it was actually she who suggested that I look into it. I'm so glad that I listened because I really like what I've learned. I shadowed a local Podiatrist and enjoyed it immensely. Based on what I witnessed and what I've read, Podiatry will keep me interested and I truly believe that I am going to enjoy it. I've shadowed mds and dos and I can see myself being happiest as a Pod. And I can't wait for school to start...although I'm sure it will be a kick in the @ss since I haven't taken any classes since Spring 2005.

Anyway, that is my not so short answer to your question:) Good Luck to you too! I got confirmation that my interview is on March 6th, so maybe I will see you there!

The reason that I didn't go to WVCOM is multifaceted. Before going out there to interview I was mistakenly given information that after owning a home in the state for one year, out of state students would receive in state tuition. We are currently home owners and would have purchased a home there. Turns out that the only way to change your residency status is to marry a West Virginian; my husband just didn't like that idea.:D Out of state tuition is 48,000. If I were in my early twenties, 200+ thousand dollars might not have seemed that scary, but considering the fact that there weren't any employment opportunities for my husband who is an engineer, it was hard to face that sort of debt at our ages and with two kids.I have two young children whose medical problems originally led me in the direction of medicine. My son has had a few surgeries, my daughter one and they both need routine diagnostic testing. So, we need to have good (continuous, so that we won't be denied repayment) insurance and be able to pay for the procedures. My daughter is also a competitive gymnast who works out 15 hours a week; she needs access to a gym. The closest gym that I could find was 50 miles away. 500 miles of driving per week to get my daughter to the gym was a ridiculous idea. I couldn't take away Mom (I'd be consumed with class) and take away the sport that she loves. My son was also having a lot of problems with speech and hearing. I felt like I needed to regroup and focus on what are the real priorities in my life. My kids needed me to put them first at that particular juncture. I loved the location of the school for myself; it was beautiful. The school itself has the number one program for fm out of both md and do. Everyone was incredibly welcoming. It just wasn't the best overall fit for my family at that time.

Now I've gotten my kids on track. Their health is greatly improved. I was able to help my son ease into kindergarten. I feel like I've set them up to be successful. As a unit, my family and I are in a good place, so it's time for me to go back to school. I've had since Summer of 2005 to consider whether or not to reapply to DO (I still love the philosophy) or do something else. I've spent a lot of time pondering the "what to do with my life" question. Originally I didn't look at Podiatry because I knew that it was an unfulfilled dream of my Dad's. I had a friend doing an Optometry residency who got to know some Pod residents pretty well and it was actually she who suggested that I look into it. I'm so glad that I listened because I really like what I've learned. I shadowed a local Podiatrist and enjoyed it immensely. Based on what I witnessed and what I've read, Podiatry will keep me interested and I truly believe that I am going to enjoy it. I've shadowed mds and dos and I can see myself being happiest as a Pod. And I can't wait for school to start...although I'm sure it will be a kick in the @ss since I haven't taken any classes since Spring 2005.

Anyway, that is my not so short answer to your question:) Good Luck to you too! I got confirmation that my interview is on March 6th, so maybe I will see you there!

Good for you. Its sounds like you really know what you want to do for the rest of your life. And Im sure you'll make a great doctor one day. I got confirmed for March 6th also, so I'll see you there!

I will be at Scholl on March 14... and I am so nervous!!

The priest climbed into the rear passenger seat, and we continued down the road. Suddenly, I saw a Colts fan with his horseshoe coat, walking down the road. I instinctively swerved as if to hit him. But, as usual, I swerved back into the road just in time. Even though I was certain that I had missed the guy, I still heard a loud "THUD." Not understanding where the noise came from, I glanced in my mirrors but didn't see anything. I then remembered the priest, and turned to the priest and said, "Sorry Father, I almost hit that Colts fan."
"That's OK," replied the priest, "I got him with the door."

This is hilarous. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't be nervous, I was feeling the same way as you for my interviews last year. In the end, I had nothing to fear. The Podiatry interviews that I went to were a lot different than your typical MD/DO weed out interview. You won't have to go through all that pressure in the interview process. They just want to get to know you and show you their facilities. More than likely, if you got an interview, they are willing to accept you.

You will be fine.

Good Luck:thumbup:

I'm getting ready for my interview and I was wondering what hotels are closest to the school, I do not want to have to commute from Chicago to my interview but I'm having a difficult time finding hotels in "North Chicago."

Thanks in advance

I'm getting ready for my interview and I was wondering what hotels are closest to the school, I do not want to have to commute from Chicago to my interview but I'm having a difficult time finding hotels in "North Chicago."

Thanks in advance

I'd check the interveiw feedback hotel info on the bottom of the feedback form

Thanks in advance

OK, there is a Ramada Inn on Green Bay in Waukegan that is pretty close to the school. If you want to see what the northern burbs are more commonly like, you should stay in Gurnee or Libertyville. Gurnee is completely commercial. Huge mall, tons of chain restaurants, etc. Libertyville is more northshore. Nice dining, small boutiques/shops, and a great microbrewery. If you stay in Libertyville, your best bet would be one of the two hotels on the corner of rt 21 and rt 137. This will put you about 5 to 10 mins from the school.

Let me know if you have any other questions; I've lived in Grayslake (between Libertyville and Gurnee) since I was a kid (my family's been here since 1836), so I know the area pretty well.

Good Luck at your interview!

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks in advance

Check out the Harrison Conference Center in Lake Bluff. Its down the road on Greenbay Rd, rather close to the school. Its a really fancy/old/victorian hotel resembling a huge mansion. Their complementary breakfast is huge buffet style with waiters. Also, they have different entertainment rooms throughout the mansion for guests. Such as a billiards room, bar, a lounge room with large leather couches and board games. They also have a tiny fitness room. I stayed there twice, once in the executive suite and once in the manor house suite. Although the manor house suite is large old room with an overhead chandelier and large french windows, it resembles something you would find on ghost hunters. I prefer the newer executive suite, that seems more like a hotel room with newer appliances. I believe that RFU has a deal with this hotel so you can stay for $69-79 per night.

However, if you do decide to stay, this hotel is out in the woods and you would have to drive at least a few minutes to get to any form of gas station, or restaurant.

If your into shopping and entertainment, you can also checkout the hotels in Gurnee.

Good Luck

When does school start for Fall 2007? Also, do freshman have an orientation before school starts? I'm contracted by the gov't and need to know when I have to terminate the contract. So if anyone even knows the week things might be starting up, please let me know. Thanks.

If they start the same week as they did last year, it would be the week of Aug. 13th that classes start. That is based off the schedule that is posted on the Scholl website. It doesn't state on that schedule whether or not there was a week of orientation or not. I would think that there has to be something though. It seems kind of harsh to just jump right into anatomy at 8 am on Monday, but maybe that's how it is:confused:

I hope I will be joining you all next year. It seems like the date of my interview is never going to get here!

Even if they don't do a week long orientation, I'm sure there will be some sort of meet and greet. I know the Chicago Do school does a wine and cheese night. I'm surprised you didn't get any of those details when you were accepted. I guess that's a question that I can ask at my interview..."Will you be serving a merlot or a pinot noir?" Just kidding. We need to track down MollDoll or one of the other first and second year students to find out.

So at Scholl, do we have to do homework assignments, papers, or quizzes? Or are grades based off of exams?
Thanks!

I will be interviewing on March 23rd. All I got was March and April dates as well. I hope I'm not too late in the game.

I know I am going to have such a hard decision to make.

Anyone else interviewing on March 23rd??

Hey KHep, I also got a call today from Scholl for an interview invite. I'm super excited, but was kinda bummed to hear the earliest open dates were not until March :(...I replied to Kimberly's email saying I'd prefer the March 6th or the 14th, so hopefully I get the 6th, bc you're right..the sooner the better. Maybe we'll be interviewing together! Good luck!:luck:

Hey, did you interview on the 6th?

Hey, did you interview on the 6th?

Hi KHep! No, actually I used up all my vacation time for my other interviews 2 weeks ago so I had to reschedule my Scholl interview from March 6th to the 21st. I was debating whether to go to my Scholl interview at all, but after much thought I decided to do it. Anywho, how did yours go? Was it all you expected it to be? Any pointers or feedback you could give would be great!

Hi KHep! No, actually I used up all my vacation time for my other interviews 2 weeks ago so I had to reschedule my Scholl interview from March 6th to the 21st. I was debating whether to go to my Scholl interview at all, but after much thought I decided to do it. Anywho, how did yours go? Was it all you expected it to be? Any pointers or feedback you could give would be great!

Hey! We had someone from the San Diego area, so I thought, maybe? But, guess not. It went really well. There wasn't anything that I didn't like or that caused me to pause. The person that I interviewed with was really laid back. I was asked the expected questions with a few unexpected, but nothing to stress over. The student ambassadors were wonderful. They answered a ton of questions and made the school sound like THE place to be. I think I am going to be very happy there next year. I had a couple of questions for the dean early in the morning of which he gave aproximate answers, but before we left he made it a point to come to us with the actual figures. It was a nice day; hopefully you will have some good weather by the end of the month! Oh, and there were 9 of us. Kim said that there are more often half that number of applicants in on a given interview day. Well good luck on the 21st! I'm sure it will be a hard decision for you!

Hey! We had someone from the San Diego area, so I thought, maybe? But, guess not. It went really well. There wasn't anything that I didn't like or that caused me to pause. The person that I interviewed with was really laid back. I was asked the expected questions with a few unexpected, but nothing to stress over. The student ambassadors were wonderful. They answered a ton of questions and made the school sound like THE place to be. I think I am going to be very happy there next year. I had a couple of questions for the dean early in the morning of which he gave aproximate answers, but before we left he made it a point to come to us with the actual figures. It was a nice day; hopefully you will have some good weather by the end of the month! Oh, and there were 9 of us. Kim said that there are more often half that number of applicants in on a given interview day. Well good luck on the 21st! I'm sure it will be a hard decision for you!

Hey! Did they gave you any scholarship. And did they said you the desicion same day or they informed you later?

Hey! Did they gave you any scholarship. And did they said you the desicion same day or they informed you later?

They did give same day response...kind of surprising. I pmed you.

They did give same day response...kind of surprising. I pmed you.

Congratulations! :D I'm sure you're stoked!

Congratulations! :D I'm sure you're stoked!

Thanks! Ya, I am excited...and a little nervous:scared: It seems so far off now, but I'm sure the time's gonna fly by.

Thanks! Ya, I am excited...and a little nervous:scared: It seems so far off now, but I'm sure the time's gonna fly by.

Wow you are lucky, you interviewed in march. You just have a 5 month wait. I got accepted in Sep and waiting from September,2006 for school. Think from my point. It has been like a year long wait.:( It sure is a long wait. But i hope its all gonna be worth it.

To current Scholl students,
How are the professors on helping students? I heard they are really willing to help. I'm starting to get frustrated at my undergrad now, because all my professors are top researchers in their fields and "dont have time", even during their office hours. Apparently thats what TA's are for (my school is known for the use of TAs). So how flexible are the professors at Scholl?

So, I say we go for Indian food the first evening that we don't have a "social" event! Who's game?

To current Scholl students,
How are the professors on helping students? I heard they are really willing to help. I'm starting to get frustrated at my undergrad now, because all my professors are top researchers in their fields and "dont have time", even during their office hours. Apparently thats what TA's are for (my school is known for the use of TAs). So how flexible are the professors at Scholl?

When I toured, the 2nd year students said that the first year professors were extremely accessible and have an open door policy. There is also a huge push to keep down attrition, so it sounds like we will have access to them when we need it. Too, I want to start a study group from the get go. I don't want to waste any time.

Hey, btw did you look at last year's orientation schedule? There is a 2 hr basic sciences exam!:thumbup: :smuggrin: I took my pre-med prereqs three years ago, so I am not looking forward to that.

There is a 2 hr basic sciences exam!:thumbup: :smuggrin: I took my pre-med prereqs three years ago, so I am not looking forward to that.

Is there really? I wonder if the results of the exam will affect us is any way (good or bad). Maybe its just to see who will need to be closely monitored during the first couple of semesters. Thats interesting. Do other schools do that during orientation?

Is there really? I wonder if the results of the exam will affect us is any way (good or bad). Maybe its just to see who will need to be closely monitored during the first couple of semesters. Thats interesting. Do other schools do that during orientation?

I have no idea if other school do that too. I think that may be how they identify the "at risk" students. You can ask when you go to your interview! Hey, if it helps keep the attrition rate down, I am all for it!

There is a 2 hr basic sciences exam!:thumbup: :smuggrin: I took my pre-med prereqs three years ago, so I am not looking forward to that.

Yeah i saw that on the schedule. iam planning to ask admission office abt it. I personally have no problem about it becuase i just wrote MCAT few days back so i am still fresh with sciences. But i havent taken Physiology or advanced anatomy or science courses. So if they ask any of those questions and expect me to answer that. then its gonna be a problem:) honestly in orientation they shudnt take any tests.

My idea of orientation is long long speeches, tours, social groups and oh yeah tons of food (i wish they get spicy indian good). :D

Yeah i saw that on the schedule. iam planning to ask admission office abt it. I personally have no problem about it becuase i just wrote MCAT few days back so i am still fresh with sciences. But i havent taken Physiology or advanced anatomy or science courses. So if they ask any of those questions and expect me to answer that. then its gonna be a problem:) honestly in orientation they shudnt take any tests.

My idea of orientation is long long speeches, tours, social groups and oh yeah tons of food (i wish they get spicy indian good). :D

I'm opposite from you cool. I took my 'basic sciences' my freshman year. I've taken the physio and anatomy, but ask me about basic science and I'll be stumped. Study groups like KHEP said sound great too. I'm not that strong with phsyio, but really good at anatomy. I have TONS of anatomy stuff to share with you guys. And have tons of sites that will help us. I can't wait until August, or at least graduation in May from undergrad haha.

I'm opposite from you cool. I took my 'basic sciences' my freshman year. I've taken the physio and anatomy, but ask me about basic science and I'll be stumped. Study groups like KHEP said sound great too. I'm not that strong with phsyio, but really good at anatomy. I have TONS of anatomy stuff to share with you guys. And have tons of sites that will help us. I can't wait until August, or at least graduation in May from undergrad haha.

You, me and Khep will make a perfect study group.:) . You know all advanced science courses, iam good in basic sciences, Khep has tons of experience. So i guess we all can teach each other something.

Cant wait for school to start and meet good people like you.:thumbup: May be we should have pre-orientation meetings:idea: .

Hey Scholl peeps - count me in on those study groups - like Funfeet, I'm strong in anatomy (at least that's how I've been doing thus far in the course). Funfeet: Isn't Dr. Hough a character? He's so funny sometimes - I'm hoping our professors next year are as friendly and interesting as he is!

I'm totally up for a social night outside of the first "school arranged ones" I say "cool" arranges an Indian night - I think I'm finally ready to be introduced to Indian food :D I look forward to meeting everyone!

Also, when are you guys officially moving to school?

Carebear- Dr. Hough is def a unique guy. I plan on moving down there a few days before orientation, hopefully. That way I can drive around and figure out where places are.

You, me and Khep will make a perfect study group.:) . You know all advanced science courses, iam good in basic sciences, Khep has tons of experience. So i guess we all can teach each other something.

Cant wait for school to start and meet good people like you.:thumbup: May be we should have pre-orientation meetings:idea: .

Well, I'm not sure about the experience, unless life experience counts:D , but I am usually good for staying motivated and on task, as well as good for study snacks.

And I'd be game for pre-orientation get together, although I will be on vacation the week prior to orientation.

I wonder how our anatomy lab partners are set up. I know we work in 2 groups of 3 per cadavre. Anyone have any idea?

I plan on moving down there a few days before orientation, hopefully. That way I can drive around and figure out where places are.

Are you planning to stay in Woodlands? or somewhere else?

Hello fellow 2011-ers! I'll be seeing you all this Fall as well! Hope you all are as psyched as I am! Cant wait to meet my new fellow classmates!!!

Positive Vibes... :love::love::luck::luck::love::love:...

The vibes are for anyone who needs them :rolleyes:

But i havent taken Physiology or advanced anatomy or science courses. So if they ask any of those questions and expect me to answer that. then its gonna be a problem:) honestly in orientation they shudnt take any tests.

Don't mean to intrude...I was a Scholl student from 2002-2004 and took that same basic sciences exam. It was difficult but don't worry. They give that exam to see how much you know and how much you will have learned by the end of your 2nd year when you're ready to take the boards. They told us back then you can assess your strengths and weaknesses from the results of taking the exam a second time. Don't even worry about it.

From what I can remember, there were a lot of questions on lower extremity anatomy, biochem (Kreb's, glycolysis, enz), biomechanics, phys, micro/immuno, I think there were path and pharm too...Questions pretty much covered the coursework for the 2 years in basic sciences.

Don't stress about it. It's a humbling experience and you'll laugh and be surprised at yourself after you take the exam after 2nd year.

Good luck and have fun!

Are any of you guys planning on doing a quick study or a quick refresher review of material for this test. I know it was posted that we shouldnt really worry about it, but I kind of dont want to blow it! I'll probably do a little review of material. Its been over a year out of school now and a little less than that since Ive taken the MCAT, so the Krebs Cycle and the number of ATPs produced during glycolysis is not so fresh in my mind right now :rolleyes:

Are any of you guys planning on doing a quick study or a quick refresher review of material for this test. I know it was posted that we shouldnt really worry about it, but I kind of dont want to blow it! I'll probably do a little review of material. Its been over a year out of school now and a little less than that since Ive taken the MCAT, so the Krebs Cycle and the number of ATPs produced during glycolysis is not so fresh in my mind right now :rolleyes:

I might review the day before perhaps. Biochem was over a year ago for me. Otherthan that, most classes I took this year. I think its just supposed to show where you are. But over the summer I'm sure some stuff will slip away.

Hey! We had someone from the San Diego area, so I thought, maybe?

Hey KHep, that someone may have been ME! I probably interviewed on the 6th with you! Im from San Diego and I think you were the one I told that to, although I told almost everyone that interviewed that day. :rolleyes:

Congratulations on getting in by the way. I know you were hoping (if you are who I think you are, that is).

I might review the day before perhaps. Biochem was over a year ago for me. Otherthan that, most classes I took this year. I think its just supposed to show where you are. But over the summer I'm sure some stuff will slip away.

If you were going to study something this summer, I would choose to work on Biochem. For some reason, that class seems to be hard on many students. Did they give you study packets for Biochem yet? Don't worry about the other test, its just for background. Personally, I wouldn't study for it.

Good Luck

When does school start for Fall 2007? Also, do freshman have an orientation before school starts? I'm contracted by the gov't and need to know when I have to terminate the contract. So if anyone even knows the week things might be starting up, please let me know. Thanks.

You'll start mid-august and there is a 2 1/2 day orientation

Hey KHep, that someone may have been ME! I probably interviewed on the 6th with you! Im from San Diego and I think you were the one I told that to, although I told almost everyone that interviewed that day. :rolleyes:

Congratulations on getting in by the way. I know you were hoping (if you are who I think you are, that is).

Congrats to you too! Yep, you were sitting to my right when the dean came in, right?

So, then you've decided on Scholl? That's great! It will be nice to see a familiar face come Aug 6...even if we only met that one day. :D

If you were going to study something this summer, I would choose to work on Biochem. For some reason, that class seems to be hard on many students. Did they give you study packets for Biochem yet? Don't worry about the other test, its just for background. Personally, I wouldn't study for it.

Good Luck

Thanks for the advice! No, haven't received any study packets yet. I've never had biochem, do you have any recommendations for an intro or overview?

Thanks for the advice! No, haven't received any study packets yet. I've never had biochem, do you have any recommendations for an intro or overview?

I would recommend NOT studying for that 2 hour basic science exam in orientation. It essentially just covers your first two years of coursework at
Scholl. However, I would put time into studying for your first biochemistry exam. In June they will send out an information packet with orientation stuff. They will also send you a link and a passwork so that you can access a biochemistry packet and an anatomy packet. The biochemistry packet covers all the material that will be on the biochemistry "pre-test". You'll be fine, don't sweat over it.