SCPM "Scholl" class of 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. AHG

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hope you all doing great & staying safe!!

I applied to scholl on the 11th of May and got my application verified on th same day, then Scholl received my application on the next day the 12th but have not heard anything from them back except the email I got from them saying they've received my application and looking forward to see how I may fit in their program./

The question is; how long does it take to hear back with II ?? I'm getting worry cuz it's the only school I applied to.
Note: Applied without the MCAT since mine was canceled on April but have rescheduled to take the exam on June the 20th.

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a reason why you only applied to one school?

Yes before I submitted my application I received an email from scholl saying that they're going to waive the MCAT and other schools did not email me cuz I added all the schools on my application and I thought it's the only the program that is going to do it. and that's why I appied to scholl even though I'll be taking the MCAT exam on June the 20th. But after awhile I found out the all the schools or most of them now are waiving the exam. Other essitonal reasons that I think, are the diversity of the school is huge PLUS the PHD progam they have and I heard is pretty good cuz I'm planning to do it if I'm gonne be accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes before I submitted my application I received an email from scholl saying that they're going to waive the MCAT and other schools did not email me cuz I added all the schools on my application and I thought it's the only the program that is going to do it. and that's why I appied to scholl even though I'll be taking the MCAT exam on June the 20th. But after awhile I found out the all the schools or most of them now are waiving the exam. Other essitonal reasons that I think, are the diversity of the school is huge PLUS the PHD progam they have and I heard is pretty good cuz I'm planning to do it if I'm gonne be accepted.
Cast your net wide because I can tell you that SCPM will do a lot of recruiting in different forms and still reject you so don’t be misled by that

Reactions: 1 user
Hello there!

I applied to Scholl about a month and a half ago. Scholl invited me for an interview about two weeks later, but informed me I would only be interviewing for a wait list position since their class size is already at capacity for this application cycle.

I also would receive emails from Scholl about how they are waiving the MCAT for this application cycle, but all of the other podiatry schools are except for Midwestern I believe, which is already at capacity.

I definitely would not lose hope interviewing for a wait list position as spots do open up, however I would suggest if possible to apply to other schools, or maybe ask which schools are currently at capacity.

Best of luck!

Hello there!

I applied to Scholl about a month and a half ago. Scholl invited me for an interview about two weeks later, but informed me I would only be interviewing for a wait list position since their class size is already at capacity for this application cycle.

I also would receive emails from Scholl about how they are waiving the MCAT for this application cycle, but all of the other podiatry schools are except for Midwestern I believe, which is already at capacity.

I definitely would not lose hope interviewing for a wait list position as spots do open up, however I would suggest if possible to apply to other schools, or maybe ask which schools are currently at capacity.

Best of luck!

Thank you so much for the info. I did not know that Scholl has a wait list now. But I took your advice guys, and I just submitted my application to all the schools except Barry and Des Moines.

Reactions: 3 users

Hello Dr. AHG,

Congratulations on submitting your application! I am happy to hear about your interest in the dual-degree DPM-PhD program. I am a current DPM-PhD student at Scholl. I just completed the PhD degree this past year and am transitioning back into the podiatry curriculum. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me. I would be happy to field any questions you may have about the program!

Reactions: 2 users
Hello Dr. AHG,

Congratulations on submitting your application! I am happy to hear about your interest in the dual-degree DPM-PhD program. I am a current DPM-PhD student at Scholl. I just completed the PhD degree this past year and am transitioning back into the podiatry curriculum. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me. I would be happy to field any questions you may have about the program!

Thank you so much, and def I'll ask you more about it cuz I'm really into the DPM/Phd program and scholl is in my top list. and honestly the status of my app for scholl is completed and been like this for almost a week & a half, However, I've received and Virtual Interview Appointment form CSPM and I'm going to do this at the end of this week.

Thank you so much, and def I'll ask you more about it cuz I'm really into the DPM/Phd program and scholl is in my top list. and honestly the status of my app for scholl is completed and been like this for almost a week & a half, However, I've received and Virtual Interview Appointment form CSPM and I'm going to do this at the end of this week.

Congratulations on your interview! I welcome any questions you may have. In the meantime, if you are looking to learn more about the DPM-PhD, I invite you to browse through the @thepodiatricphysicianscientist instagram page. The page is relatively new so there is room for improvement, but it can provide a snapshot into others' journeys and help you envision your own path, if indeed you decide to pursue the combined dual-degree or podiatric physician-scientist route.

Best of luck on your interview!

Reactions: 1 users
I just received an interview invite today to Scholl’s. Can someone comment- the invite letter says it is for an on campus interview (on June 19), and it does not mention anything about it being an interview for the wait list, though it appears that there has been a wait list since May.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN