Program-Specific Info / Q's Sacred Heart University 2017-2018 interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IloveOT1214

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have an interview coming up to SHU. I am having a hard time finding information about this interview. I am nervous and exited, this is my first interview. Can anyone please share their experiences with this interview? Q's asked? and what questions should I ask the professors?
i really want to get into SHU and any information and tips are welcome.
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone, I have an interview coming up to SHU. I am having a hard time finding information about this interview. I am nervous and exited, this is my first interview. Can anyone please share their experiences with this interview? Q's asked? and what questions should I ask the professors?
Thank you.

Congratulations! I'm a second year at SHU but I remember this process like as if it were yesterday. The questions are similar to other OT programs: In your own words, what is OT?, an ethical question or two, something about yourself, how you handle difficult situations, etc.
Don't stress :)
Just be yourself and learn to smile :)
Any questions you have are always answered. You can ask anything about job placement after graduation to level 2 FW. It's all open game and up to you what you wish to ask.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you, Running_OT
I really appreciate your response. It is really helpful to hear from an SHU student.
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you.
Congrats on the interview! So when dif you apply and when did you get an interview invitation?

Thank you, I applied in early October and got the interview invitation a week ago.

Thank you.
I am not sure if it still the same, as my interview was a few years ago, but SHU was one of my favorite interviews. All of the instructors were welcoming and open and as Running_OT said any questions you have are fair game and they are more than happy to answer them. But what made the interview my favorite was the fact that it was done in a "speed dating" style where there were about 5 faculty members and you start at one end and work your way down the line. This allowed you to get to know multiple faculty members and allowed them to get to know you so when it was time for them to make an acceptance decision they had multiple perspectives as opposed to just one, which I think is pretty cool. Enjoy the process, have fun and best of luck in your future endeavors!

Thank you, i really appreciate your response. I also know that during the interview there is pal exercise. i was wondering if any of you may please give a simple PBL example. I been reading and learning about PBL, but just a simple example would help me understand this better.

Thank you.

How was this interview? I'm interviewing shortly and I'm just as lost when it comes to the PBL component!