RVC/Dublin/Glasgow/Edinburgh/Bristol c/o 2028 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Outside of Glasgow where else did you apply to?
I applied to 10 US schools and Bristol, Dublin, Glasgow. I have had 4 interviews so far (rejected from Glasgow, waitlisted at Midwestern, waiting on Western and Dublin) and have 2 more planned (Ohio and Minnesota). Also waiting to hear back from Bristol and Michigan.
I just feel deflated because the interviews are the hardest part for me. I don’t think I do horrible on them, but obviously not good enough.

I applied to 10 US schools and Bristol, Dublin, Glasgow. I have had 4 interviews so far (rejected from Glasgow, waitlisted at Midwestern, waiting on Western and Dublin) and have 2 more planned (Ohio and Minnesota). Also waiting to hear back from Bristol and Michigan.
I just feel deflated because the interviews are the hardest part for me. I don’t think I do horrible on them, but obviously not good enough.
I understand that. I didnt even get an interview from the three US schools I applied to. I got rejected from RVC, accepted at Ross and SGU. I just really want to go to Bristol

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I understand that. I didnt even get an interview from the three US schools I applied to. I got rejected from RVC, accepted at Ross and SGU. I just really want to go to Bristol
When did you hear about the RVC rejection? I didn’t even know they sent those yet or was this pre interview

Received a rejection from Bristol. The stated reason was that I hadn’t completed the required courses but I actually have taken all the required courses. Very odd.

• Sad
Has anyone received post-interview rejections from RVC yet?

I don’t know if this helps. However, University of Bristol posted this to their instagram story yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_4248.png
    IMG_4248.png
    425.5 KB · Views: 84
Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t know if this helps. However, University of Bristol posted this to their instagram story yesterday.
Did you apply to their 4yr program or 5? I was under the impression the UCAS deadline for the 4 yr program was in October

Did you apply to their 4yr program or 5? I was under the impression the UCAS deadline for the 4 yr program was in October
I applied for four year and five year programme. I wanted to be considered for both. so VMCAS asked if you wanted to be considered for only four year, only five year, prefer five year but would like to be considered for four year, and prefer four year, but would like to be considered for five year. I selected the prefer four year, but would like to be considered for five year.

For those who applied to RVC - what exactly did you upload for the evidence of 70 hours of non-clinical animal experience? Like a letter from a supervisor? Or?

For those who applied to RVC - what exactly did you upload for the evidence of 70 hours of non-clinical animal experience? Like a letter from a supervisor? Or?

Yep, I had a letter from my PI who I did research under at my university. I worked with/managed our rodent colonies. He wrote a quick thing outlining my hours, the timeframe I was there, and what I did and he signed it. He put it on my school’s letterhead. By the time he finished it tho, RVC didn’t need it anymore lol the upload button was gone. (I was accepted into the 4 yr program btw)

For those that upload documents to RVC do they all say accepted yet? Only one of mine says accepted because of my LOR but the evidence I uploaded in November is still showing up as just uploaded.

Mine still says uploaded. I didn’t realize a formal letter was needed for animal experience hours :/ I still haven’t heard back

For those that upload documents to RVC do they all say accepted yet? Only one of mine says accepted because of my LOR but the evidence I uploaded in November is still showing up as just uploaded.
Yes they’re both accepted. Also it shows “status updated on 15/01/24 idk what that means

Yes they’re both accepted. Also it shows “status updated on 15/01/24 idk what that means
That’s so weird. It’s been months and still have yet to be accepted so I’m not sure what’s going on or if that will even help me. And when I got that date that was when it was accepted.

Glasgow applicants - did your interview dates get confirmed?
I attended the virtual QnA session last week, and they said it should be done soon...

I attended the virtual QnA session last week, and they said it should be done soon...
Nope. I sent an email but no reply yet

When I went through the process in October I attended the session and they opened the interview slots a few days later. You then went into the portal they link you in an email and choose a time slot. I don’t think I ever got a confirmation email except for about a week before the interview to tell me what to expect.

Anyone have heard from Bristol? I’m kinda nervous since one person said they got rejected 🥺🥺

Anyone have heard from Bristol? I’m kinda nervous since one person said they got rejected 🥺🥺
Last year they sent a wave of acceptances I think around jan 25 so no news is good news if you weren’t rejected keep that as positive!

• Care
I heard from Bristol 20 September 2023 and got invited to complete their SAQ. Today is the deadline for the SAQ, just trying to patiently wait for an email. Bristol is my top school that I would like to go to. If anyone has heard from Bristol, or knows roughly when they make decisions. I would love to talk! I am also a first time international applicant!

Out of curiosity, can I ask why Bristol is your top?

Out of curiosity, can I ask why Bristol is your top?
So I applied to 7 schools. Bristol, RVC, Midwestern, Western, Georgia, Ross, SGU. I have been rejected by western, RVC, and Georgia, waitlisted for Midwestern. I got accepted at SGU and Ross. Now I’m just waiting for Bristol. It’s one of my top schools (any UK school would be) for multiple reasons. I want to move out of the US and experience an education system that is not in the US, especially when I grew up in Oklahoma where education is not a top value. I also like that they don’t have a set required animal experience, like RVC I have 70+ hours of animal experience, however it is not in the last 18 months. I also want to do some research post grad on felines and that is something hard to do at SGU. I also enjoy that Bristol, RVC, Liverpool, and Edinburgh are accredited for RCVS and AVMA. SGU has the accreditation as well which is my next option, but again the research I would like to dive into would be difficult in Grenada.

So I applied to 7 schools. Bristol, RVC, Midwestern, Western, Georgia, Ross, SGU. I have been rejected by western, RVC, and Georgia, waitlisted for Midwestern. I got accepted at SGU and Ross. Now I’m just waiting for Bristol. It’s one of my top schools (any UK school would be) for multiple reasons. I want to move out of the US and experience an education system that is not in the US, especially when I grew up in Oklahoma where education is not a top value. I also like that they don’t have a set required animal experience, like RVC I have 70+ hours of animal experience, however it is not in the last 18 months. I also want to do some research post grad on felines and that is something hard to do at SGU. I also enjoy that Bristol, RVC, Liverpool, and Edinburgh are accredited for RCVS and AVMA. SGU has the accreditation as well which is my next option, but again the research I would like to dive into would be difficult in Grenada.
How do you already know about WesternU and UGA? I didn't think they released any decisions yet? I've been waiting to find out.

How do you already know about WesternU and UGA? I didn't think they released any decisions yet? I've been waiting to find out.
I didn’t have one prerequisite for both schools. That’s why. It was like in September when I heard.

Did RVC send more decisions recently? Just saw on Reddit someone recently got waitlisted

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else get the marketing ad from Bristol about their new WhatsApp Number? This is the second ad this week

I haven’t been getting any of their marketing emails, only emailed about being put on hold a while ago
Interesting. I haven't heard from them since the on hold email, except for marketing emails. Which usually I get nervous when I see "University of Bristol" then the disappointment hits when it is just marketing (i.e., whatsapp number, how to fund your studies, why chose Bristol, etc.). My husband was like man I really hope you get accepted with the amount of marketing ads you receive :rofl:

• Haha