RVC/Dublin/Glasgow/Edinburgh/Bristol c/o 2028 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just received an interview invite from UCD for January 8th! The problem is it’s in person and they set me for one in San Francisco, but i’m currently living in Minnesota… I asked if I could do an online one or if they have any closer to me
Did you receive an email or just portal update

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interview invite from Edinburgh!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
East Coast. They sent out invites for mid February in NY

Congrats! Did you apply for the 4 or 5 year program, VMCAS or UCAS?
I got an interview invite (NY) this morning from Edinburgh for the 4 year program. I applied through VMCAS.

Reactions: 3 users
For those who did the rvc interview recently, how did you feel about it? Are you feeling more/less confident after the interview?

For those who did the rvc interview recently, how did you feel about it? Are you feeling more/less confident after the interview?
I thought the interview was really chill and definitely more at peace afterwards than going in. I was super stressed but it wasn’t bad at all.

Got an interview invite for UCD in NY Jan 5th! Got email at 7:55 est this morning :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else interview for Glasgow today? They told me they’d let us know in January- fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone think we'll hear from rvc before january?
Hey there, current student here. There were a very small group of us that were notified prior to Christmas but the majority of people did not find out until February/March. You could probably check last years thread to see when people starting posting about acceptances/rejections.
Also just as a heads up, there did not seem to be any rhyme or reason to who/when they sent out notifications to. There wasn’t any pattern at all, someone from the same interview group got notified in December and another not until March so it really is just a waiting game.
But deep breaths, you’ve done the hard part and now just try and enjoy the holidays and don’t obsess over it too much

Reactions: 4 users
Hey there, current student here. There were a very small group of us that were notified prior to Christmas but the majority of people did not find out until February/March. You could probably check last years thread to see when people starting posting about acceptances/rejections.
Also just as a heads up, there did not seem to be any rhyme or reason to who/when they sent out notifications to. There wasn’t any pattern at all, someone from the same interview group got notified in December and another not until March so it really is just a waiting game.
But deep breaths, you’ve done the hard part and now just try and enjoy the holidays and don’t obsess over it too much
Is there a link to the previous thread?

after my group did the interview we were told the same thing that minimaggio was saying. that the admissions head doesn't think it's fair to make us wait if they already have decisions (we could start getting accommodation etc.) so as soon as they know your specific decision as they sort through files they will let you know, and it comes out on a rolling basis. she also emphasized to not worry if you don't hear early on, that no news is normally good news lol, and that a veryyyyyy small group of people may hear before holiday break, but that the majority of applicants will be notified somewhere between mid-Jan to mid-Feb. hope this helps!

and I believe that it's quite heavily dependent on when your interview date was, rather than the strength of your application

Hi Everyone, I'm an international student finishing my undergrads in the U.S. Congrats for all those who hear back from their schools! I'm still waiting to hear back from UCD here...For those who got interviews, when did you apply? Was it via VMCAS?

Last edited:
I also applied to UCD through VMCAS and havent heard anything

anyone hear from edinburgh? 😭 nervous because only so far tizzy.procyon has and that was a while ago!

Congrats! When did you upload your application?
I also applied through vmcas like 2 days before the deadline and received an interview for Jan 5! I made a separate thread for Dublin posts just to make it easier to find information if you want to post in there others might have more info! It’s called Dublin c/o 2028

Thanks chacha and maplekitty! I was just trying to figure out if the time they send out interview depends on when the application was uploaded. I applied in the beginning of August and still no news:cryi:

anyone hear from edinburgh? 😭 nervous because only so far tizzy.procyon has and that was a while ago!
I did hear back from edinburgh eight days ago and was offered an interview in February

I also heard on 11/21 for a february interview for edinburgh. I only applied for the d100 program though

I got a UCD interview invite this morning for January 10th in San Francisco! WA, VMCAS applicant

Just got my first denial from Edinburgh but I’m not too bummed. Good luck to everyone who got interviews!!

so i heard back from edinburgh interview on feb 9 in nyc! weird cus it said it was a followup email and that the original was sent nov 21st but i never got it!

I’ve still heard absolutely nothing from Edinburgh abt interview or rejection.. Should I reach out for clarification?

I’ve still heard absolutely nothing from Edinburgh abt interview or rejection.. Should I reach out for clarification?
I haven’t either!!! I’ve been checking my email obsessively and I just want to know either way

Got a response email from Edinburgh! They said they’re sending out rejections and interviews in staggered waves over the “coming days” so I think that means we should all know soon.

Edinburgh rejection :/ upsetting but they cited over 700 international applicants for 60 spots so I get it

Edinburgh rejection this morning. Stated met GPA requirement but application not as competitive. This was in the email: "we received well over 700 applications for the 60 available places/spots for 2024 entry. This is a 30% increase in comparison with 2023 entry. Competition for places to study veterinary medicine at the University of Edinburgh has therefore been markedly higher this admissions cycle and it is a matter of much regret to us that so many suitable and able applicants cannot be considered or offered a place."

I still haven’t heard from Edinburgh. Anyone else who hasn’t either?

I just rejected my interview invite for Edinburgh, I hope someone gets good news soon!! 🫶🏻