RVC/Dublin/Glasgow/Edinburgh/Bristol c/o 2028 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What did they send? I’ve gotten nothing from them ..
It was to make something called a myed portal and to make an account. My friend received this but I haven’t heard anything from them yet.

Members don't see this ad.

For RVC, was anyone else asked to verify their non-clinical and clinical hours?

Members don't see this ad :)
For RVC interview, do you guys think there will be a place to store our luggage at the reception?

For RVC interview, do you guys think there will be a place to store our luggage at the reception?
Most hotels will store your luggage for you if they’re not ready for you to check in yet. Just ask at the front desk!

Last edited:
Hi! Just wondering, if you are accepted and decide to go to a UK/Ireland vet school funded solely via grad/parent PLUS loans, how do you prove that you have enough funds to study when applying for the student visa? Can your student visa application get rejected if you are taking out loans to fund your studies?

Last edited:
haven't heard from Edinburgh either. they seem to do things on the later side of the cycle though so I wouldn't be surprised.

Reactions: 1 user
For RVC, was anyone else asked to verify their non-clinical and clinical hours?
I went into the RVC portal and my verification requirement was updated to "Accepted" today. A few days ago, its status was "Required". I think they accepted my VMCAS LORs as references for my clinical and non-clinical experiences. I think it will be good to just have a letter with you in case you need it for verification for other schools in the future. You should check though just to make sure!

Also, what do people usually wear to vet school interviews? I have an RVC interview coming up and have no clue.. Is a blazer, white blouse, and black slacks appropriate? Also, if I have gel nails on, will it be negatively reflected on me? I have super weak nails so I always have muted tone gel nails to add some strength :cryi:
I think you should be fine with the blazer and blouse. Business casual is probably the safest way to go for interviews. No jeans and sneakers. Better to overdress than not but nothing too flashy!

Does anyone know anything about the Glasgow info sessions? Is it formal or informal? Do I have to have my camera on or am I safe just watching from my uni library and sound/camera off??

Does anyone know anything about the Glasgow info sessions? Is it formal or informal? Do I have to have my camera on or am I safe just watching from my uni library and sound/camera off??
no you don’t have to have your camera on or participate. Last year each info session had about 80 applications in it and you can just type any questions you have

I emailed bristol to make sure my SAQ was received and heard back this morning that they are still reviewing applications to make sure you meet academic requirements and wont even start looking at the supplemental until after that

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Just wondering, if you are accepted and decide to go to a UK/Ireland vet school funded solely via grad/parent PLUS loans, how do you prove that you have enough funds to study when applying for the student visa? Can your student visa application get rejected if you are taking out loans to fund your studies?? :eek:
You don't actually apply for a visa beforehand. You show up at passport control in your destination airport with your acceptance letter, proof you paid a deposit to the school, and proof that you have money to support yourself. For Ireland, that is a bank statement showing that you have an account (in the US is fine) with a minumun of €2,000 (equivalent) in it.

If you choose to go to a UK/EU school, they will walk you through all of this before you go.

Yea, same.... does anyone know what they mean when they say "Final Degree Certificate"? (this is for RVC)
I had that as well and I think if you're applying for the graduate entry program they require you to upload your completed degree maybe? I just scanned and uploaded my undergraduate degree diploma. Probably best to send an email for clarification though!

Does anyone know if RVC's MMI include role-play stations with actors and such?

Does anyone know how to prepare for the RVC MMIs? I can't find much about it online, and I am an international student so no one I know has experience :(

Does anyone know how to prepare for the RVC MMIs? I can't find much about it online, and I am an international student so no one I know has experience :(
Hi, current RVC student here! I still have a bunch of links to the resources I used for my MMIs. There's a lot but anyone is free to DM me, they're all great for any UK MMI imo!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Yea, same.... does anyone know what they mean when they say "Final Degree Certificate"? (this is for RVC)
You have to upload your final transcript that states the date the degree was awarded. I had to do this earlier this year :)

I also haven't heard from edinburgh yet - would it be worth emailing them to get a login to view my application status?

I also haven't heard from edinburgh yet - would it be worth emailing them to get a login to view my application status?
You should have already gotten a login and uploaded your supplementary form on the portal there by now. If you didn’t receive one then you should definitely get ahold of them.

You should have already gotten a login and uploaded your supplementary form on the portal there by now. If you didn’t receive one then you should definitely get ahold of them.
Are you talking about UCAS or VMCAS? because there is no supplementary form through VMCAS.

Has anyone heard from University of Bristol?

I have not, so I am praying that no news is good news!

I also applied to University of Edinburgh through VMCAS and have not heard anything. Hoping that's a good thing.
I applied to the University College Dublin as well and did fill out their supplementary application, however it was mostly the same information from VMCAS. Haven't heard from them yet either.

Reactions: 1 users
I emailed Edinburgh and they said they don’t have a supplemental application or anything to do at this moment. They also plan to send out interview invites by the end of November!

Reactions: 4 users
That's a good idea! What exactly did you say in your email? I was thinking about emailing UCD but wasnt sure how to word it

That's a good idea! What exactly did you say in your email? I was thinking about emailing UCD but wasnt sure how to word it
I just asked them was there any additional application that I potentially missed and if so could I receive it again since it didn’t come to my spam or anything. I said it more professionally but this is the basics lol

glasgow interview portal is so confusing, i just emailed for clarifications

Anyone who has interviewed with Glasgow before willing to share some tips? First time applicant and this is my first ever interview I don’t even know what to expect!

Anyone who has interviewed with Glasgow before willing to share some tips? First time applicant and this is my first ever interview I don’t even know what to expect!
I interviewed with them both last yesterday and this year(actually just this morning lol) they are really laid back and relaxed. There are 2 interviewers and one record keepers this year. The whole interview is about 30 minutes and each interviewer ask about ; questions. All of them are relatively simple such as why you choose to become a vet also ethics and your understanding of veterinary carrer questions

Has anyone heard from the University of Bristol? I emailed them last Wednesday about any updates on my application, but so far it's been radio silent on my end!

Thank you in advanced! <3

Hi all! For RVC, do we have to upload our final degree certificate before our interview? Or do we only need to have the evidence of 70 vet + animal hours uploaded? I see all 3 in the portal but the interview email only mentions having the two letters uploaded.

Hi all! For RVC, do we have to upload our final degree certificate before our interview? Or do we only need to have the evidence of 70 vet + animal hours uploaded? I see all 3 in the portal but the interview email only mentions having the two letters uploaded.
I asked that on the interview day and no need to upload the final degree yet cuz some applicants are still in school
For non-clinical, the email says you can upload it when you receive a conditional acceptance

Do we need to bring anything on Interview day with RVC?
Just yourself and your brain! But don't worry too much because it was honestly fun
oh and your ID

Last edited:
Hello! Does anyone know if Glasgow is still sending out interviews? I still haven’t heard back from them after the ethical reasoning test and I’m starting to get worried!

I asked that on the interview day and no need to upload the final degree yet cuz some applicants are still in school
For non-clinical, the email says you can upload it when you receive a conditional acceptance
I was under the impression that you needed the non-clinical letter if you had already indicated that you completed your hours? I thought only if you indicated on the supplemental that you hadn't finished your hours yet they didn't require it? Whoops!

Hello! Does anyone know if Glasgow is still sending out interviews? I still haven’t heard back from them after the ethical reasoning test and I’m starting to get worried!
I would reach out to Gillian, she usually responds very quickly.

Has anyone heard from the University of Bristol? I emailed them last Wednesday about any updates on my application, but so far it's been radio silent on my end!

Thank you in advanced! <3
No, I have not heard anything since I submitted the SAQ.

• Care
I am sitting at the edge of my set everyday waiting for an email 😂
I touched base with them when I submitted my SAQ and they had said it would be a few months before I heard anything from them. Past threads it seems January ~ish

• Care
Anyone in LA for the RVC interview today the power is out in the hotel, not sure if it will change anything but thought I’d give a heads up!

I also applied to University of Edinburgh through VMCAS and have not heard anything. Hoping that's a good thing.
I applied to the University College Dublin as well and did fill out their supplementary application, however it was mostly the same information from VMCAS. Haven't heard from them yet either.
I would not expect to hear from UCD for a while. They typically send out some acceptances (without interview) in December/January and then after that, will send out interview invites. I believe that I got mine in late January, interviewed in February and got my acceptance 2 weeks later. All of the UK/EU schools are much later than the US schools. I got my acceptance from my US in state school before getting any feedback at all from Dublin.

Reactions: 1 users
I just received an interview invite from UCD for January 8th! The problem is it’s in person and they set me for one in San Francisco, but i’m currently living in Minnesota… I asked if I could do an online one or if they have any closer to me