This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CombatWombat26

Reaction score
Wanted to make a group for accepted 4yr and 5 yr applicants so we can begin planning our either big or small move to London (depending on if you are international or not). I am from the U.S and want to hear how others are also making this leap across the pond in a few months. Is anyone planning on bringing their pet(s) the first year? Also, What information session did you choose to attend (Orlando, Denver, etc)? Maybe we can create a group chat and begin getting to know our classmates :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Omg so exciting!! I’ve been accepted for the 4 year program, and I’ll be bringing my cat Steve along with me :) anyone with pet transport advice would be wonderful! I’m going to the information session in Washington DC and would love to get connected with anyone else attending!

I love cats with people names! I have Sadie and Jenna (cats) and I know that we need to begin the process up to 6 months in advance. They require updated vaccines and a vet appointment 1 month prior to leaving the country, just as a check up. I will be attending the Orlando session! Hopefully others see this thread and we can start planning this crazy journey together :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone!
I was offered a position 4 year program and I am from California. I will be attending the LA info session.
I also would like to bring two of my cats.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I feel like if we can get together to rent a pet-friendly flat near camden campus, we can make it work out. Use the website "Petslets.com"to find pet friendly flats in London! If anyone with cats wants to room with me, I have two calicos that get along with other cats and are trained to sit, stay and get off of things when they hear you snap your fingers and say "down" lol years of training pays off

I feel like if we can get together to rent a pet-friendly flat near camden campus, we can make it work out. Use the website "Petslets.com"to find pet friendly flats in London! If anyone with cats wants to room with me, I have two calicos that get along with other cats and are trained to sit, stay and get off of things when they hear you snap your fingers and say "down" lol years of training pays off
Hey!! I'm also a 5 year accepted hoping to move with myself, my partner, and my cat!! :)

• Love
Hellooo, I was accepted into the 5-year program, but hoping for consideration for the 4-year program after I received my summer+fall transcripts. I emailed them twice with no response, but does anyone know how likely they are to consider me for their 4-year program now?

Hellooo, I was accepted into the 5-year program, but hoping for consideration for the 4-year program after I received my summer+fall transcripts. I emailed them twice with no response, but does anyone know how likely they are to consider me for their 4-year program now?
They likely will not consider your application until after the deadline for 4-year offer holders, April 15. Once they are aware of how many seats are available and factor in wait-list, etc.

Last edited:
hello! I am an accepted 4yr applicant. Moving from Arizona, hopefully, with my bunny.... it is a big decision to make and I am trying to figure out what will truly be best for him.

I was accepted with the condition to upload evidence of 70 hours of nonclinical work. On my application under documents, it shows that my evidence of 70 hours was accepted even though I did not upload anything. I emailed them and am waiting on a response but do all of yours also say accepted even without uploading anything?

I was accepted with the condition to upload evidence of 70 hours of nonclinical work. On my application under documents, it shows that my evidence of 70 hours was accepted even though I did not upload anything. I emailed them and am waiting on a response but do all of yours also say accepted even without uploading anything?
Yeah, I had the clinical hours already accepted for me. I assumed it was because one of my LoRs was written by the veterinarian I did those hours under.

Members don't see this ad :)
are there ANY loans I can take that do not accumulate interest immediately?

Hi! I was accepted to the 5 year and waitlisted to the 4 year a while back but I was wondering if anyone has heard any news regarding the waitlist? Thank you!

Has anyone been able to get in touch with RVC via email at all? I have had no responses for over a month now.

Has anyone been able to get in touch with RVC via email at all? I have had no responses for over a month now.
I’ve had to follow up my emails a few times. Took about 7-10 days for anyone to respond!

I have called and emailed about being on the 4-year waitlist as well. Nothing in return. I hope they can still waitlist me, considering I already have a masters in veterinary medicine lol

They replied to my email on Friday (4/1) when I emailed them on Feb 4 regarding the 4-year program. I think they're slowly starting to respond to 4-year/waitlist inquiries now.

Does anyone know the date when the course starts? I know it's September but is there an exact date anywhere?

Does anyone know the date when the course starts? I know it's September but is there an exact date anywhere?
I believe that the tentative date right now is Monday, September 26.

Thank you! Where can find this information?
It was during the offer holder event they recorded in San Francisco and in their handbook. I believe I got the email with the recording link on Wednesday, March 30. The whole email was about Offer Holder Visit Days, but had a section labelled "US Offer Holder Event Recording and Handbook".

It was during the offer holder event they recorded in San Francisco and in their handbook. I believe I got the email with the recording link on Wednesday, March 30. The whole email was about Offer Holder Visit Days, but had a section labelled "US Offer Holder Event Recording and Handbook".
Awesome, thank you! I was not able to attend the event nor watch the live stream. I'll look for that email.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to can find a course outline for the 4-year program? I found one on the website but it doesn't tell me anything about what is covered each year of the program. Also, is only the 4th year our clinical year?

has anyone received the accommodation pack or their CAS numbers via email? i was told we would receive these by end of may. i already paid the deposit

has anyone received the accommodation pack or their CAS numbers via email? i was told we would receive these by end of may. i already paid the deposit
No, I haven't as well and I also paid the deposit.

Check your emails guys. Accommodation pack information has gone out today. Application for accommodations must be completed by June 26th and notification of allocation will be sent out by July 24th.

is anyone else by chance graduating undergrad this summer and having to wait on stuff due to that? Just wondering!!

has anyone received their CAS numbers to apply for visas yet? ik they start sending them end of May, and then continue on a rolling basis. just making sure im not missing anything, thanks!

has anyone received their CAS numbers to apply for visas yet? ik they start sending them end of May, and then continue on a rolling basis. just making sure im not missing anything, thanks!
I feel like I have been left in the dark with no information from this university. My emails go without response and questions left unanswered. I would think that international students would receive better updates and in a timely manner considering we will be moving to an entirely different country. Other universities have been much better about providing incoming students with information. I am disappointed.

I feel like I have been left in the dark with no information from this university. My emails go without response and questions left unanswered. I would think that international students would receive better updates and in a timely manner considering we will be moving to an entirely different country. Other universities have been much better about providing incoming students with information. I am disappointed.
The school is quite bad at communicating. Be politely persistent, they may or may not reply in time.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to can find a course outline for the 4-year program? I found one on the website but it doesn't tell me anything about what is covered each year of the program. Also, is only the 4th year our clinical year?
There is no real outline for BVetMed. GAB is mostly preclinical sciences streamed by organ system, which they call strands. Third year is clinical instruction, fourth year is a mix of didactic clinical teaching and your initial hospital rotations and fourth year is entirely rotation based teaching.