RUSVM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dani22

Reaction score
Hi! So I’m currently a fifth semester student (just returned to island) so I’ll be leaving in December to go to clinics. When I first started at Ross I had anxiety but I was okay knowing that I could go home in between semesters. However, now I am unable to go home until then (so 9 months) and my anxiety is skyrocketing. I’m already extremely homesick and all of friends were in upper semesters (I took a semester medical leave) and in clinics. I’m feeling so alone and it’s interfering with my schoolwork. Also add on the stress on a long distance relationship. Does anyone have any advice on how to cope?

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Hi! So I’m currently a fifth semester student (just returned to island) so I’ll be leaving in December to go to clinics. When I first started at Ross I had anxiety but I was okay knowing that I could go home in between semesters. However, now I am unable to go home until then (so 9 months) and my anxiety is skyrocketing. I’m already extremely homesick and all of friends were in upper semesters (I took a semester medical leave) and in clinics. I’m feeling so alone and it’s interfering with my schoolwork. Also add on the stress on a long distance relationship. Does anyone have any advice on how to cope?
I'm so sorry you are going through this. Lot's of friends here to listen. I definitely suggest coming over to the pre vet side and just getting to know some of us, maybe even pick up a game of werewolf or two. Connect with fellow islanders. We have the Watering Hole thread to just post about life, a rave thread when great things are happening in life, and of course a rant thread when things are just plain crap.

You can reach out to family and see if they want to face time, and I certainly recommend getting an exercise routine started if you don't already. Get some steady day to day going to feel cozy with. Maybe pick up a hobby that you haven't done in a while. Things that calm your soul. <3

I'm so sorry you are going through this. Lot's of friends here to listen. I definitely suggest coming over to the pre vet side and just getting to know some of us, maybe even pick up a game of werewolf or two. Connect with fellow islanders. We have the Watering Hole thread to just post about life, a rave thread when great things are happening in life, and of course a rant thread when things are just plain crap.

You can reach out to family and see if they want to face time, and I certainly recommend getting an exercise routine started if you don't already. Get some steady day to day going to feel cozy with. Maybe pick up a hobby that you haven't done in a while. Things that calm your soul. <3
Oh, and we have a couple long distance relationship threads that I'm sure one of these wonderful vettie members can compile for you. There is also a search bar at the top left (your right) if you're feeling adventurous on those topics and many others.

Members don't see this ad :)
Peppermint tea! Drink it 3 times a day, and it will help. It is what I do!