Questions about RUSVM Transfers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

galapagosislands

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if there are some people on here that have transferred from RUSVM to a state-school (not clinicals, but actually transferred), or anyone who is knowledgable about the process. What does the school you are trying to transfer to look at to make their decision? I've been told from colleagues that they look at your vet school GPA, but other advisors have said they look at your GRE scores and undergrad GPA and they must be comparable to the students that are currently at the state school you're trying to transfer into. Also, when do people usually attempt to transfer out of Ross? Please note that I am just curious, I do not mind being on the island or the Ross curriculum, but I just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about how the process worked.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if there are some people on here that have transferred from RUSVM to a state-school (not clinicals, but actually transferred), or anyone who is knowledgable about the process. What does the school you are trying to transfer to look at to make their decision? I've been told from colleagues that they look at your vet school GPA, but other advisors have said they look at your GRE scores and undergrad GPA and they must be comparable to the students that are currently at the state school you're trying to transfer into. Also, when do people usually attempt to transfer out of Ross? Please note that I am just curious, I do not mind being on the island or the Ross curriculum, but I just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about how the process worked.

Thank you!
I suggest using the search function as this topic has been discussed many times. In fact, there are two threads on this very topic very current on this page. :)

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest using the search function as this topic has been discussed many times. In fact, there are two threads on this very topic very current on this page. :)
Thank you! I actually already looked at those threads, but they are a little dated, and as the rules for transferring change all of the time, I was hoping to get a more current answer! Thank you for your input though! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I actually already looked at those threads, but they are a little dated, and as the rules for transferring change all of the time, I was hoping to get a more current answer! Thank you for your input though! :)
They do? I think it is pretty straight forward actually. If schools that accept transfers have spots, you apply and they go through the applications to decide if you fit in the open spots. You do? You'll get an offer. You don't? better luck next time or keep on keeping on island style.

They do? I think it is pretty straight forward actually. If schools that accept transfers have spots, you apply and they go through the applications to decide if you fit in the open spots. You do? You'll get an offer. You don't? better luck next time or keep on keeping on island style.

Yes, unfortunately. UF is one of the schools I'm looking at in particular. They told a fellow student 5 months ago they no longer accepted Ross transfers because the curriculum changed, but I just recently read on here from a Ross student where UF told them they did accept Ross transfers again. Things like that. Very back and forth. I understand it depends on open spots, GPA, etc. Just wanted to see if anyone had gone through the process recently.

Yes, unfortunately. UF is one of the schools I'm looking at in particular. They told a fellow student 5 months ago they no longer accepted Ross transfers because the curriculum changed, but I just recently read on here from a Ross student where UF told them they did accept Ross transfers again. Things like that. Very back and forth. I understand it depends on open spots, GPA, etc. Just wanted to see if anyone had gone through the process recently.

Email the school you're interested in, they'll have the most accurate and most current info.

One student in my incoming class transferred to a stateside school in her 3rd semester at Ross.

Can I ask why you're interested in transfering?