rush...loma linda...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blitzisthename

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a student from Cali wondering about anyone's opinion about either school. Just got accepted to Rush while also hoping for Loma Linda...gonna be a hard decision for me. As much as I'm from Cali...I do want to leave...but I don't...if you know what I mean? Any advice?

Also...what's the process of accepting acceptances from multiple schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you a seventh-day adventist?

Members don't see this ad :)
not a SDA but christian. i love the way they do medicine there but i don't know about the tangible things like no meat, no caffeine, mandatory chapel service, etc..

not a SDA but christian. i love the way they do medicine there but i don't know about the tangible things like no meat, no caffeine, mandatory chapel service, etc..

IMO there's no place for religion in medical education, but I'm probably biased.

no sex, no alcohol

I agree.

Go to Rush. You cannot even have sex or alcohol at Loma Linda...Even outside of school. Think about it man.

well you can, technically, just don't get caught

well you can, technically, just don't get caught

You can do anything as long as you don't get caught.

My point is that they are able to expel you if you have been caught drinking or whatever(although I am sure they would give you multiple chances)

my sister goes to rush. it has a great location, just 1 mile from downtown chicago. theres a ton of good places to eat and places to go at night. its a much better location than loma linda.

the irony about loma linda is that you can't get caffeine on campus, but its located in ghettttto san bernardino which is one of the crystal meth capitals on california. so you'll probably have an easier time scoring meth that a cup of coffee (aka devils juice)

I am going to Loma Linda c/o 2013. the agreement you sign is: no recreational drugs, no tobacco, and no alcohol. and a 1 hour a week chapel on Wednesdays. oh, and that oh so hard to deal with day of rest (facilities closed). there is nothing about meat, caffeine, or relationships. yes, their hospital has a vegetarian cafeteria, but don't eat there if you don't like it.

You can do anything as long as you don't get caught.

My point is that they are able to expel you if you have been caught drinking or whatever(although I am sure they would give you multiple chances)
yeah i agree
my sister goes to rush. it has a great location, just 1 mile from downtown chicago. theres a ton of good places to eat and places to go at night. its a much better location than loma linda.
that's good to hear!
the irony about loma linda is that you can't get caffeine on campus, but its located in ghettttto san bernardino which is one of the crystal meth capitals on california. so you'll probably have an easier time scoring meth that a cup of coffee (aka devils juice)
:laugh:

Go to rush, the no caffeine in the hospital sucks, that alcohol, tobacco, drugs thing I dont think is a big deal. I've never heard of the sex thing? But you should really chose Rush because ever since Loma Linda changed its curriculum the students havent been doing as well on tests and in match which is hurtful if you want a subspecialty or something competitive. That being said if you want a primary care field or mission work the school is one of the best and you should definitely chose this place.

Im a 4th year at LLU to qualify above statement

Status
Not open for further replies.