Roll Call - Class of 2008/2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
add one to the Ohio State list. :)

Members don't see this ad.

joybeth503 said:
Nebraska (but I live in New York!!)

I got into Creighton's web-based PharmD program and that's where I'll be going!!!

Hi! I'm new and I hope to join u at Creighton! I have a phone interview on Friday and could use any advice. :scared: Congrats! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
ADD ME TO THE LIST:

Midwestern University: Chicago College of Pharmacy
(got the message when I got home from work!)

University of Southern Nevada
(a call on my cell in the evening!)

Thank you all for your support.
Specific shout out to - LVPharm, Mr. Mackey, Legaia, bbmuffin, tai, joybeth (sorry if I forgot anyone) :luck:

skp said:
ADD ME TO THE LIST:

Specific shout out to - LVPharm, Mr. Mackey, Legaia, bbmuffin, tai, joybeth (sorry if I forgot anyone) :luck:

Awesome! Congrats. :) Do you know which one you will choose?

FutureRxGal said:
Awesome! Congrats. :) Do you know which one you will choose?

No. I'm still waiting on a couple more schools. But will probably know in the next 2-3 weeks. Thanks, FutureRxGal. :thumbup:

-skp

Congratulations skp!!! I am so happy for you! :clap: :hardy: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hardy: :clap:

skp said:
ADD ME TO THE LIST:

HECK YEAH!!!

I told you there were more intelligent schools out there than UK!!!!!

woo hoo!!

thanks lgooden and bbmuffin!!!

Hello everyone,

just got my phone call tonight as well from University of Southern Nevada!!! Please add me to the list!!!!!

Gosh, I've been dreaming of being able to post on this thread.. I'm super excited--it was the only school that I applied to (so obviously my first choice). Congrats to you, skp!!! That's so wonderful :) :thumbup:

skp said:
ADD ME TO THE LIST:

Good job.... :D

and don't forget... Don't hate the player, hate the game.....

(Go UK!)

vafcarrot said:
Good job.... :D

and don't forget... Don't hate the player, hate the game.....

(Go UK!)
Oh please.... there is no way you are REALLY a UK fan after supporting U of L for 21 years....

i mean hello? petino(sp?) alone would have shot that one....

deep down i bet you still bleed red.....

oh and do your family and friends want to kill you? or are they now UK fans too?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my letter yesterday 3/3/05. Early acceptance is great, no more worries, for now that is...

skp said:
ADD ME TO THE LIST:

Congrats !!!! :) :) :) :) :thumbup: :thumbup:

You can add me to the UNC School of Pharmacy list :) !!!

just got accepted to usn (university of southern nevada). congrats to everyone on their acceptances.

bbmuffin said:
Oh please.... there is no way you are REALLY a UK fan after supporting U of L for 21 years....

i mean hello? petino(sp?) alone would have shot that one....

deep down i bet you still bleed red.....

oh and do your family and friends want to kill you? or are they now UK fans too?

Well, my husband is a HUGE UK fan so that makes it easier. With my dad though... he will forever be a Uof L fan.

And my blood will stay blue unless I get cut...... :D

skp said:
ADD ME TO THE LIST

I just saw your message. Let me add my WOOHOO!.

I am very happy for you. :thumbup:

thanks vafcarrot, asor, joybeth503, and jemc2000!!!!!! :)

Man, it's been a good couple days... :)

accepted at CREIGHTON UNIVERSITY!

skp said:
Man, it's been a good couple days... :)

accepted at CREIGHTON UNIVERSITY!

Web-based? Can you tell them to give me that spot? :laugh:

Congrats again.

I received a happy call from USN yesterday, too!!

jemc2000 said:
Web-based? Can you tell them to give me that spot? :laugh:

Congrats again.

no campus based. i'm internet stoopid. :D

DrugDealer said:
I received a happy call from USN yesterday, too!!

Congrats! I hope I will be joining you there next year! :luck: :luck: :)

Smilescali said:
Congrats! I hope I will be joining you there next year! :luck: :luck: :)
university of southern nevada college of pharmacy, class of 2008! yah!
see u there, drugdealer and smilescali... :cool:

Abilene said:
university of southern nevada college of pharmacy, class of 2008! yah!
see u there, drugdealer and smilescali... :cool:

Congrats to you Abilene I wish I was going there THIS year, but I will apply in the fall in hopes to get in NEXT year! :laugh:

I've been accepted to both Virginia Commonwealth University and Shenandoah! :)

Tai said:
Add me to MWU CPG too!

Congrats to all of you who get a seat @ pharmacy schools!

I got an interview from MWU-CPG, got an alternate list :mad:

3 schools accepted me based on time order:
1. Mercer - Dec '04
2. PBA - Jan '05
3. Creighton - March '05

As for now, I aim for PBA. But i'm still waiting for any news from Loma Linda University. Anyone get accepted @ LLU?

Peace :luck:

Add me to Mercer University in Georgia.

I just found out that I've been accepted to South University in Savannah Georgia!!!! Congrats to everyone on their acceptances! Has anyone else heard from South yet? I would like to get to know my future classmates!! Good luck everyone!!!!! :love: :love:

Add me to
SUNY-Buffalo COP
Albany COP<accelerated>
Mercer University

I'm so excited!! I thought this day would never come. But at the same time i am also conflicted over which place to go to. Financial aid is a big factor for me. Anyone know about these places and Aid??

pharmDove said:
Very happily added to the list of UCSD acceptances!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Please add me to UCSD School of Pharmacy :)

endlesslove

I got my acceptance to University of Florida today, the one and only school I applied to. I was starting to sweat it (to say the least). Continued good luck to all.

Mark

Tyrol said:
I got my acceptance to University of Florida today, the one and only school I applied to. I was starting to sweat it (to say the least). Continued good luck to all.

Mark
Congratulations! Gainesville campus, right?

Betty'sBeast said:
Congratulations! Gainesville campus, right?

Beast-

Yes, Gainesville campus,

Thanks for all your encouragement this past fall and winter. I look forward to meeting you soon, Gainesville is not at all that far from Orange Park/Jax. I very much respect your Navy background. I had a friend in my Anatomy lab that spent many years in the USN (as a Pharm Tech). We lost touch but hopefully he's in UF COP now.
Take care, and all the best to you and your family,

Mark

:thumbup: University of Cincinnati! :D - my alma mater. :) ..Still no word on an interview from OSU :( I'm just about ready to give up on them...

kinda ready for a new city after being in Cincy for 6 years though and it seems like UK has more to offer. I really liked a lot of what I heard and saw at my interview there. In my interview at UC, my interviewer got his degree UK and talked about ways in which UK's program is better.

Decisions, decisions (Main reasons for staying in Cincy would be to have little to no debt and for the bf of 4 years.... :cool: )

Any advice is appreciated. :) :D :)

lgooden said:
:thumbup: University of Cincinnati! :D - my alma mater. :) ..Still no word on an interview from OSU :( I'm just about ready to give up on them...

kinda ready for a new city after being in Cincy for 6 years though and it seems like UK has more to offer. I really liked a lot of what I heard and saw at my interview there. In my interview at UC, my interviewer got his degree UK and talked about ways in which UK's program is better.

Decisions, decisions (Main reasons for staying in Cincy would be to have little to no debt and for the bf of 4 years.... :cool: )

Any advice is appreciated. :) :D :)
all i got was blah blah blah UK blah blah UK blah UK
;)

sorry just giving you a hard time.... its skp's fault :D

the decreased debt would definitely be a plus... Cincy is not that far from Lexington is it?? I honestly don't know anything about any of the programs except that UK is really into research.

One thing to think on for you... Are you planning on working in KY after you graduate (immediately after graduation)? While I'm SURE where you go to school has no role in your licensure in the state of coughgoodoleboysystemcough kentucky.. i do know of people who have gotten a license because of where they desire to practice in the state along with others who did not go to UK and didn't pass the KY boards...

I have heard they prefer students who attend school in kentucky as well as those who want to work in the armpit of the state.

on that note..i would go to UK if you plan on practicing in kentucky immediately after school

Thanks bbmuffin! I'd be happy working in KY or OH upon graduation and yeah lexington and cincy are only about 1.5 hr apart. I think I'm going to try and talk with students attending both schools before making my final decision.

Tyrol said:
Beast-

Yes, Gainesville campus,

Thanks for all your encouragement this past fall and winter. I look forward to meeting you soon, Gainesville is not at all that far from Orange Park/Jax. I very much respect your Navy background. I had a friend in my Anatomy lab that spent many years in the USN (as a Pharm Tech). We lost touch but hopefully he's in UF COP now.
Take care, and all the best to you and your family,

Mark
Glad you got your campus choice. It looks like you're the first one around here to be admitted to the Gainesville campus. We may run into each other at orientation, but I'm pretty sure there is only one day, 8/18 I believe, when ALL of the dist ed sites AND G-ville will be together. Thanks for kind USN comments. Congrats again.

I got word that I've been accepted into Creighton's web-based program.

Tyrol said:

Mark

Congrats Mark!!! I know how relieved you are!!! GO GATORS! Anne

lgooden said:
it seems like UK has more to offer. :)

Yeah... me! If you come to Lexington, you'll be healthier in the long run... don't forget, it's a smoke free environment! At least a few years will be added on to your life :D

accepted to virginia commonwealth!!

WOO HOO! GO Vafcarrot!! HOW FUN! We may be classmates this fall at MWU-CCP if i go there too (as i was accepted as well). WHat is ur first choice?

A shout out to everyone for being persistant and working so hard!

Hey anyone else going/accepted to MWU CCP or CPG?

Tai said:
WOO HOO! GO Vafcarrot!! HOW FUN! We may be classmates this fall at MWU-CCP if i go there too (as i was accepted as well). WHat is ur first choice?

A shout out to everyone for being persistant and working so hard!

Hey Tai!

Congrats on your acceptances! Just curious, have you made a decision as to which one to attend this fall?

Tai said:

Tai,

How long do you have to decide? You've known you were accepted for a couple of weeks, right? Isn't there a deadline you need to reply by?