Robert Wood Johnson - Class Of 2010!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
long time lurker, first time poster.

I got in off of the high priority waitlist yesterday. I received a call from Dean Terregino and will be accepting!

good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations windsor123!!! That is exciting news!

For everybody else, I think that makes 3 people that have been accepted off of the high priority list, right?

windsor_123 said:
long time lurker, first time poster.

I got in off of the high priority waitlist yesterday. I received a call from Dean Terregino and will be accepting!

good luck!

jingles said:
Congratulations windsor123!!! That is exciting news!

For everybody else, I think that makes 3 people that have been accepted off of the high priority list, right?

congratulations windsor!

mmm....yeah 3 ppl......that's a pretty sad performance i must say, esp since it's already june.....but then again....maybe ppl just aren't posting. but then again, maybe the committee just needs to pull up their socks and start calling ppl. who knows.

Members don't see this ad :)
persianrug said:
congratulations windsor!

mmm....yeah 3 ppl......that's a pretty sad performance i must say, esp since it's already june.....but then again....maybe ppl just aren't posting. but then again, maybe the committee just needs to pull up their socks and start calling ppl. who knows.

I definitely vote for them to pull up their socks and call me. :D

Yeah, I think it's pretty sad too that they haven't even made it through the high priority list yet. What is taking so long????? Withdrawls must be few and far between.

Are we sure that the high priority list is not ranked?????

SalseraDoctora said:
I definitely vote for them to pull up their socks and call me. :D

i second that. i know the first two who got accepted off the list got calls in the morning. but what about you, windsor 123???

i think the high priority list has to be ranked in some way. i doubt it's randomnized like someone affirmed it was.

also, any of you guys sending in your grades from this past academic year that just finished???

theunderdog said:
i second that. i know the first two who got accepted off the list got calls in the morning. but what about you, windsor 123???

also, any of you guys sending in your grades from this past academic year that just finished???

the call came at around 11am (eastern time).

windsor_123 said:
the call came at around 11am (eastern time).

windsor123,

congrats and thanks for your reply that came within 5 minutes!!

since i can't PM you (you disabled them), i was wondering what your stats are like. someone said that the high priority list was randomnized, but im trying to figure out if it really is otherwise. stats may play a role?? it would be very much appreciated!

jingles said:
Yeah, I think it's pretty sad too that they haven't even made it through the high priority list yet. What is taking so long????? Withdrawls must be few and far between.

Are we sure that the high priority list is not ranked?????

well when i spoke to meryle kramer about how the whole ranking thing works, she told me that individuals within each group aren't ranked, that they "randomly" select ppl to make offers. although at this point i've become skeptical about whatever the admissions ppl tell me.

on another note, does anyone here have any news about the njms alternate list? no one posts anything on their forum.

yeah I am not believing the "random" thing - I don't know of any other school that pulls randomly from a waiting list -

Melian - if you are out there, have you decided yet? What did you think anout RWJ vs NJM?

persianrug said:
well when i spoke to meryle kramer about how the whole ranking thing works, she told me that individuals within each group aren't ranked, that they "randomly" select ppl to make offers. although at this point i've become skeptical about whatever the admissions ppl tell me.

on another note, does anyone here have any news about the njms alternate list? no one posts anything on their forum.

jingles said:
yeah I am not believing the "random" thing - I don't know of any other school that pulls randomly from a waiting list -

Melian - if you are out there, have you decided yet? What did you think anout RWJ vs NJM?

mmm...melian said he/she had a week to decide, and that was last thursday i think.....i'm assuming that if melian had decided on rwj, then he/she would've posted here, so maybe melian went to njms. or maybe this is just wishful thinking lol.

I actually thought that the hpwl was ranked? Something in an email I got from them gave me that impression, but nobody has come right out and said that to me so maybe I am wrong about this. I keep hearing that people get off the wait list through July, and it is only very early June, so hopefully we all still have a decent chance. I just wish I knew sooner rather than later so I could start planning my move. Limbo is a big suck. :thumbdown:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
roca88 said:
Hey all,

In the end...I COULDN'T LEAVE ROBERT WOOD JOHNSON. Wow, I have to become an ambassador now or something cause I just turned down a really good offer from NJMS. I just like this school too much, it's just such a happy place and fun being there, that's all I can say.

So guess who's bizzzzzackkkkkkkkkk!! RWJMS 2010 BABY!!

I'm a traitor no more, bepony...see you and the rest of you opening day.

you are so funny! But I have to hand it to you, if I was in a similar situation, I dont know what I would do. But welcome back regardless! :)

theunderdog said:

i think the high priority list has to be ranked in some way. i doubt it's randomnized like someone affirmed it was.

If I were you, I would definitely send an update with your grades to Dr. Terregino (assuming they are good) It can only help you.

anyone on the waitlist sending in updated grades?

hi guys,

i decided last tuesday to go ahead and join ya'll in the fall. When do we start by the way?! is there a calander anywhere?

p.s. do we have a mascot?

Hey all RWJ 2010'ers!!

I just got my financial aid package....and i need more money. I dont have the finances to pay for the remaining balance and also, I didn't realize that everything was either in subsidized or unsubsidized loans. Nothing is in school grants? (aside from offered scholarships, obviously). Any light on this and do you know if I can get my financial aid letter revised?

Thanks!!!

oserrever said:
Hey all RWJ 2010'ers!!

I just got my financial aid package....and i need more money. I dont have the finances to pay for the remaining balance and also, I didn't realize that everything was either in subsidized or unsubsidized loans. Nothing is in school grants? (aside from offered scholarships, obviously). Any light on this and do you know if I can get my financial aid letter revised?

Thanks!!!

call/email the financial aid people ... they have no problem giving you more loans

Last edited:
I would recommend checking Camden out if you were accepted there. I was put into the Camden program when I was accepted and I figured I would just try to transfer out. Then I went there for Family Day last October, and ended up liking it much better than NB/Piscataway. Now I'm about to start my third year down there, and I can't wait. :)

Tiki said:
I would recommend checking Camden out if you were accepted there. I was put into the Camden program when I was accepted and I figured I would just try to transfer out. Then I went there for Family Day last October, and ended up liking it much better than NB/Piscataway. Now I'm about to start my third year down there, and I can't wait. :)

Tiki, are you done with boards? If you are Congratulations!!!!

Still waiting out here - how are you holding up persianrug and salseradoctor???

Every day feels like 10!!

beponychick said:
Tiki, are you done with boards? If you are Congratulations!!!!

Nope, I'm taking them June 16th, but thanks!. :scared:

I'm really wishing I remembered all of the anatomy, embryo and micro about right now. :eek:

You all must be getting excited. School will be starting for ya'll before you know it!

jingles said:
Still waiting out here - how are you holding up persianrug and salseradoctor???

Every day feels like 10!!

still here, being patient. i'm afraid there's not much else to do :-/

i'm thinking, since the email said june 12, let's wait till then and see. maybe they're waiting till the deadline to take further action.

Tiki said:
Nope, I'm taking them June 16th, but thanks!. :scared:

I'm really wishing I remembered all of the anatomy, embryo and micro about right now. :eek:

You all must be getting excited. School will be starting for ya'll before you know it!

Yikes! Well good luck!!!! You will rock it!!! :)

roca88 said:
what's up

anybody going to that camden thing this week? i'm not, cause i really don't want anything to do with camden, lol...

anybody going to the housing thing 15/16th? i am, hopefully a lot of you are.

finally, who's ready to start at this awesome place?????

I'm going to the camden reception, since I'm close by. I'd like to see a lot of good ER/Trauma stuff as a medical student, so I'd like to get a feel for how nuts it is over there. Plus I'm a bit weary about how the other rotations would work, and so I'm going find out about that as well.

Last edited:
roca88 said:
i apologize if anybody was offended by my comments about camden...i was just joking around, but that was still poor taste. i haven't experienced camden, so i shouldn't comment about it...Tiki seems to enjoy it. in short, my bad.

so i got my transcript verified and all...who's ready to start??

No need to apologize, I wasn't offended. Honestly, I felt the same way about it until I went there myself. :)

hi guys,

i was wondering if anyone knows if they leave acceptances on answering machines? because i just got a letter from buffalo telling me that they don't leave messages. so basically, if by any chance no one is home, or i don't have service where ever i am, then i'm gonna lose my spot. does rwj do the same thing?

i hope my fellow waitlistees are still hanging in there, as am i :)

Last edited:
roca88 said:
i apologize if anybody was offended by my comments about camden...i was just joking around, but that was still poor taste. i haven't experienced camden, so i shouldn't comment about it...Tiki seems to enjoy it. in short, my bad.

so i got my transcript verified and all...who's ready to start??

So do you know what the deal is with financial aid? Im getting really paranoid. Have you filed for your loans? So confused.

roca88 said:
no, rwj will leave you a message (they left me a message way back when i was accepted). buffalo is just paranoid because they don't normally call for acceptances, but since they are now for the waitlist that's how they're handling it. good luck.

Yup RWJ left me a message. With Buffalo I just found out by checking the status page... I dunno if that's still true?

Also, is anyone else still in the quandary of my unfortunate friend who's application STILL hasn't been reviewed post-interview? She called again this past week to be told "oh we didn't get to it last meeting, maybe we'll get to it on the June 15th meeting" ... after having her dean call, RWJ said that "they don't have to abide by the giving a final decision on May 15 rule"... what is that all about? I love the school, but I've gotta say am NOT a fan of the way they're dealing with admissions this late in the game :-( I want to know if she gets in so she can do housing stuff!!!
Poopy

Pepper1o1 said:
Yup RWJ left me a message. With Buffalo I just found out by checking the status page... I dunno if that's still true?

Also, is anyone else still in the quandary of my unfortunate friend who's application STILL hasn't been reviewed post-interview? She called again this past week to be told "oh we didn't get to it last meeting, maybe we'll get to it on the June 15th meeting" ... after having her dean call, RWJ said that "they don't have to abide by the giving a final decision on May 15 rule"... what is that all about? I love the school, but I've gotta say am NOT a fan of the way they're dealing with admissions this late in the game :-( I want to know if she gets in so she can do housing stuff!!!
Poopy

wow, that's awful! although i have to say that i'm not that surprised, because judging from my own experiences with the admissions staff (eg. they didn't inform me that i would be interviewed until i personally went to their office and asked them what the deal was), it seems like they've been handling things quite inefficiently.

i've been visiting the buffalo waitlist forum lately, and i was actually very impressed at the efficiency with which they're going through the waitlist (it might also have to do with the fact that they only give you like half a day to make a decision). not only that, but also how well-informed the waitlistees are regarding their position on the list and how far the list has moved.

but, all said and done, rwj is still my first choice and i really hope they get to me on the list :-/

persianrug said:
wow, that's awful! although i have to say that i'm not that surprised, because judging from my own experiences with the admissions staff (eg. they didn't inform me that i would be interviewed until i personally went to their office and asked them what the deal was), it seems like they've been handling things quite inefficiently.

i've been visiting the buffalo waitlist forum lately, and i was actually very impressed at the efficiency with which they're going through the waitlist (it might also have to do with the fact that they only give you like half a day to make a decision). not only that, but also how well-informed the waitlistees are regarding their position on the list and how far the list has moved.

but, all said and done, rwj is still my first choice and i really hope they get to me on the list :-/

ohh so the whole story was that i went to the office to find out what was going on, and the lady there casually looked at her computer and was like "oh we'll interview you.......we can schedule it now" it was just wierd: i didn't even get an official interview invitation.......oh and i also forgot to mention that they double-booked the person who was supposed to interview me. so basically i showed up only to find out that there was no one to interview me.

Hey guys,
Like most of you, I am also part of the RWJ class of 2010. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a good housing site to find an apt. and also if anyone was looking for a roomate. I look forward to meeting everyone in a few weeks!!

Last edited:
isnt anyone applying for financial aid???? No one wants to answer my loan question. :(

Last edited:
Is it committee meeting this week? I think i remember reading that it was the 15th?

roca88 said:
calm down...i figured with time it would marinate for you but guess not...i'm still waiting on that stuff too, but i know there are people out there who still haven't completed the necessary info. to even be considered yet so i'm good...it's on them to send the stuff, and that'll happen very shortly. so the moral is to calm down. :)

OK OK. did you at least get your letter from the school yet telling you how much you received? or are you waiting for that?

Last edited:
roca88 said:
correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't know that anybody has received that yet

i did receive my letter. A while ago. But I have not received any info on actually filing for the loan.

Last edited:
roca88 said:
i was referring to something else i thought i still didn't receive, cause i did get that after i was complete. i guess it's nice that my parents take care of all that junk for me lol :)...i had major problems when i first tried to do laundry away at college for the first time too, but that's another story...

Well do you know if your parents received the loan information?

beponychick said:
i did receive my letter. A while ago. But I have not received any info on actually filing for the loan.

They do the loan stuff really quick, it only takes a few days to get the money after you fill out the paperwork. So I wouldn't worry yet, I'm sure they'll contact you with what you need to fill out.

Tiki said:
They do the loan stuff really quick, it only takes a few days to get the money after you fill out the paperwork. So I wouldn't worry yet, I'm sure they'll contact you with what you need to fill out.

Thanks Tiki. This is the first time Im doing all this paperwork. My parents took care of it in undergrad, but now im on my own. Do you know when we usually get our check from the school after the loan disbursement? Just want to make sure I can budget until then.

Thanks again!

beponychick said:
Thanks Tiki. This is the first time Im doing all this paperwork. My parents took care of it in undergrad, but now im on my own. Do you know when we usually get our check from the school after the loan disbursement? Just want to make sure I can budget until then.

Thanks again!

No problem. I'm procrastinating right now. :D

I know that they can not disburse the money until 10 days before the start of the semester (it's a federal law). Usually we get the money a week or so before the semester starts, but I'm not really sure if this is the case with first year since I got accepted right before classes started. After I got accepted, it took about five days to get the loan money, so they definitely move fast.

Tiki said:
No problem. I'm procrastinating right now. :D

I know that they can not disburse the money until 10 days before the start of the semester (it's a federal law). Usually we get the money a week or so before the semester starts, but I'm not really sure if this is the case with first year since I got accepted right before classes started. After I got accepted, it took about five days to get the loan money, so they definitely move fast.

Do you mean a week before orientation? In that case, that would be sometime end of July? So basically, I have about a month to fill out all of the paperwork which I still havent gotten. I guess im just getting nervous over nothing, but it would seem to me that they would want all the loan information at least filed by this point. Oh well. Thanks again!!!

Roommate wanted?

Last edited: