"Retake" Spanish?

I should...

• Total voters

Hillo

I gotta stop
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that you could put Phi Beta Kappa on your resume/CV and that I'd need to have 14 language credits to qualify for selection at my future uni (I currently have none).

Cons:
-purposely doing poorly on the mandatory placement exam (I wouldn't know how to explain myself to my future professors)
-taking 16 instead of 12 credits a semester o_O
-another class means a higher probability I won't be able to schedule all my classes on the same set of days (so less travelling to distant places on the weekdays)
-possibly losing money from buying the textbook

Pros:
-learning Spanish more accurate than Spanish learned from high school and strangers
-focusing on fluency of the more common words and phrases rather than of once-in-a-blue-moon words como dramaturgo
-making less obvious mistakes (filling in my holes)
-having a sweet liberal arts class to relieve any potential stress (I'd always get SO excited for Spanish)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i voted to take the placement exam, just because I don't think you should "study your *** off".. I mean sure brush up on it, but after studying so much you might end up getting placed in a Spanish class too hard that you actually aren't ready for I think. Instead, I say take the placement and build from there. Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

Little late to the party but my .02:

I vote for study your a** off for the placement exam as well. Technically do your best and studying are basically the same options anyway, one just puts forth less work.

The placement shouldn't hurt you if you don't do well on it, so I'd say study hard, take it, and hope for the best.

Good Luck! :thumbup: