MCAT retake??

esponda2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I am a current DO applicant with a 3.6/3.5 GPA. I took the mcat on 6/1 and scored a 501(128/123/125/125). Throughout my 7 months rigorous study I was never able to truly do well or solidify my knowledge and take my skills to the level they need to be for a successful score. I am considering retaking it, however, I do not know how to go about it. I need to create a plan and I feel like I have trouble understanding the concepts. Memorizing did not do it for me the first time round. Please post with your advice or any personal experiences. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

So I am a current DO applicant with a 3.6/3.5 GPA. I took the mcat on 6/1 and scored a 501(128/123/125/125). Throughout my 7 months rigorous study I was never able to truly do well or solidify my knowledge and take my skills to the level they need to be for a successful score. I am considering retaking it, however, I do not know how to go about it. I need to create a plan and I feel like I have trouble understanding the concepts. Memorizing did not do it for me the first time round. Please post with your advice or any personal experiences. Thanks!
Depending on your EC's I would say you're fine. We have pretty much similiar stats, and i have two II so far. As long as you're not picky with schools and willing to go wherever gives you a chance, I'd say don't worry too much. Just wait to see where the next few months takes you

Hey guys,

Reviewing and memorizing may trick you a bit. I've seen too many students who put in the time, but don't realize their efforts aren't working. I would recommend taking practice exams and then reviewing areas where you note you got things incorrect.

Last edited by a moderator: