Is AP Spanish Lang worth it?

RLeenm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
DONT LET OUR REVOLUTION DIE. WE ARE CHOSEN!!! THESE...THESE SDN CORP HAVE BEEN LYING TO YYOU, ALL OF YOU ALL ALONG! THERE WAS ONCE A TIME WHEJN FREEDOM WAS A RIGHT ON THE SDN FORUM PAGE!!! THEN THE DARK AGES CAME...THEY...THEY STARTED BANNING DOZENS, AND EVEN 50 PEOPLE AT A TIME... THEY SAY THEY RESTORED ORDER...THEY DID NOT!!!! PLEASE FREINDS! SPREAD THE STORY OF FLIPSIDE, AND HOW HE BELIVED IN A FREE SDN!!!!! I CANNOT RESPOND AS IM GOING TO BE BANNED ANY MINUTE NOW...PLS...PLS REMEMBER ME

Hey guys, I'm currently a junior in HS. I was hoping to take AP Spanish Lang exam this year. I'm enrolled in Spanish 4, but I have talked to my teacher and she is willing to help since she also teaches AP Spanish. I was planning on self studying.

To be honest my Spanish skills are not that great. I've been taking it since 7th grade, and I've averaged a B in my classes. I'm really good at orals, and okay at listening. I suck at grammar though. I'm obviously not native in the language, and nobody around me is either. Although I never really gave Spanish any importance.

Along with AP Spanish I'll be taking AP Psyc, college Chem, and college English. This is my first time taking an AP test, but not my first time taking a college class. I'll also be studying for the ACT.

So I'm just wondering if I have a chance of scoring a 3 on the exam. Would it be worth it, or should I just take APUSH?

Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
I generally liked APUSH, and would go for that based in my opinion, but you will definetly have a chance on scoring a 3 or above (possibly haha) on the final exam. It's just one of those classes where you have to be dedicated, if you really want to go above and beyond in it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I'm currently a junior in HS. I was hoping to take AP Spanish Lang exam this year. I'm enrolled in Spanish 4, but I have talked to my teacher and she is willing to help since she also teaches AP Spanish. I was planning on self studying.

To be honest my Spanish skills are not that great. I've been taking it since 7th grade, and I've averaged a B in my classes. I'm really good at orals, and okay at listening. I suck at grammar though. I'm obviously not native in the language, and nobody around me is either. Although I never really gave Spanish any importance.

Along with AP Spanish I'll be taking AP Psyc, college Chem, and college English. This is my first time taking an AP test, but not my first time taking a college class. I'll also be studying for the ACT.

So I'm just wondering if I have a chance of scoring a 3 on the exam. Would it be worth it, or should I just take APUSH?

Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

I took both AP Spanish Lang and APUSH. For me, at least, APUSH was a lot more rigorous than AP Spanish Lang. I think that with the experience you've had and a given that you have a helpful teacher, you should be fine in AP Spanish Lang. Grammar isn't something too hard to pick up and I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, if your plan is to go into healthcare eventually, take Spanish of some sort. I really wish I had, because I have to work with many, many patients on a daily basis who speak only Spanish, and that will likely be more and more common as the Spanish speaking population continues to increase in the US.

CLEP can be useful, but not all places accept CLEP. AP tends to be more widely accepted IMO.
I took AP Spanish Lang in high school and got a 4. It's definitely not an easy exam and you will have to work to get a 3+ on the exam. How much work you'll need to put in will depend heavily on your current skills/interest with the language. I personally found AP to be worth it if you can put in the time/effort (probably at least a few hours each week). However, it will probably be challenging if you have to do it simultaneously with APUSH / ACT prep.