Resident Corrective Action/Probation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No part of medicine at least anymore cares about physicians. Everyone once your an attending is simply out to take advantage and use you to the max while trying to pay you the least.
No, there are some good people out there still. Including those in management.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
No, there are some good people out there still. Including those in management.
They are (very) few and far between in my experience. My career thus far has seen a lot more exploitative, intrusive medical managers than anything else. Bad hospital management is almost endemic.

Tell us more oh white privileged one. Lol.

Get out of here with that bs.

I'm a minority.

Medicine isn't perfect but it is one of the occupations where minorities do fine.

I even had white mentors who helped me every step of the way. One of them was from the South with a full Southern accent but helped me get into fellowship.

The hospital I have privileges at is full of minorities on positions of leadership. Community hospital in California. This is common.

The place I did fellowship at had similar people of color in positions of leadership.

Shocking, I know. But since it's the wrong type of minorities ( east Asian, South Asian, middle Eastern) it apparently doesn't count.

You still didn't disprove anything I said. NBA is majority Black but no one cares. There is no push to get more Hispanic and Asian basketball players into the league.

Reactions: 3 users
If you can play, you can play. Remember Linsanity?

In Medicine, if you can eventually pass the required hurdle, you can practice. Some folks may need a little help, but if they can't cut it, they can't cut it.

Of course, being Asian and overrepresented is, as per Harvard, a negative. It is what it is. Those who are privileged will always bear a grudge towards those who aren't. Its human nature.

Reactions: 1 user
All residents and health care professionals who have been HARMED by ADA violations and the ABUSE of power from residency programs, licensing boards, and PHPs NEED to know about this new development!

Three US Senators recently wrote to the DOJ, demanding investigations of state medical boards and ADA violations (specifically medical licensing questions about mental health/substance abuse), PHP corruption, residencies and lack of oversight.

In summary, the senators say, "there's something going on with state medical boards, their ADA violations are harming physicians beyond simply the licensure questions. We are going to get to the bottom of it and the DOJ needs to answer some specific questions ...."

https://www.wyden.senate.gov/imo/me...DA with Intrusive Mental Health Questions.pdf

This is HUGE!!!!

Those who have been harmed here is your chance to have a voice! I would like to encourage you to first, write a letter detailing the ADA violations you experienced and how they negatively impacted your career and wellbeing, then submit the letter to your own state senators. Let's increase awareness of resident abuse and help create policy change!

Share this with any colleagues, family members and friends who have experienced or witnessed these injustices.

Attachments

• * Medical Licensure Questions & ADA violations article.pdf
    381.3 KB · Views: 51
  • *** Senators call for DOJ INVESTIGATION of PHP corruption, MLB ADA violations and lack of over...pdf
    306.2 KB · Views: 41
All residents and health care professionals who have been HARMED by ADA violations and the ABUSE of power from residency programs, licensing boards, and PHPs NEED to know about this new development!

Three US Senators recently wrote to the DOJ, demanding investigations of state medical boards and ADA violations (specifically medical licensing questions about mental health/substance abuse), PHP corruption, residencies and lack of oversight.

In summary, the senators say, "there's something going on with state medical boards, their ADA violations are harming physicians beyond simply the licensure questions. We are going to get to the bottom of it and the DOJ needs to answer some specific questions ...."

https://www.wyden.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Congressional Letter to DOJ re State Medical Boards Violating ADA with Intrusive Mental Health Questions.pdf

This is HUGE!!!!

Those who have been harmed here is your chance to have a voice! I would like to encourage you to first, write a letter detailing the ADA violations you experienced and how they negatively impacted your career and wellbeing, then submit the letter to your own state senators. Let's increase awareness of resident abuse and help create policy change!

Share this with any colleagues, family members and friends who have experienced or witnessed these injustices.

What three Senators think really is irrelevant. Don't really trust the DOJ to do much either. But that's not really a discussion for this forum.

Reactions: 1 users