Ready? Set. Assassinate! - Assassination Classroom Themed WW - Sign Ups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Again, you're talking about things many of us already do. Fluff had multiple people move off of her d1 because she was misyeeted early in the last game she played. Others were listed as not options for d1 yeet because they hadn't played in a while or were misvoted often. This also happens every game. I wish I hadn't moved to jboo, I really do.
Minus one mutual scum exception, from the start of my noob game, I've had two consistent and conflicting trends:
1- There is not infrequently a wagon on me
2- If I decide someone has to go, scum or not, I'm pretty good at screaming about it until they're voted out (I think, maybe folks disagree). Minus one exception (grandmana thunderdomes better). Been able to do that since my first wagon as a baby player.

Members don't see this ad.

The main issue is that if you have a group of people that never get *mis*yeeted specifically, than for some packs or players the only path to victory is to NK those players. Which given how bitterly they then complain about it, to the point of actually causing a lot of people a lot of distress wolfing, sucks a lot of fun out for both the killers and the frequently killed. Everyone should be on the table. Everyone should be up for discussion.
I think we're going to fundamentally disagree here. If villagers are expected to get better at reading players who are frequent misyeets so they don't die early, then wolves should be expected to get better at their jobs too. That's the gig. Preemptively killing Zenge n1 or n2 every single game is just taking the easy way out (not talking about games where he's already found a wolf by that point). And people are free to do it, but yeah you're gonna kind of look like an ass if you perpetuate it happening every single game, and I think it's fair for the players it happens to to be frustrated by it. Nerfing their village play just so they won't be killed early would be ridiculous. Wolves need to just figure out how to do a better job. I'm talking about myself as much as anyone else - as I mentioned, I haven't won a wolf game this year. That's the gamestate we're in right now. :shrug:

Reactions: 2 users
Like if you're talking about RvB...well that was over a year ago. Same with HZD. Are those games still relevant now? I don't really think so. 10th anniversary, yeah people didn't listen to you about Zenge. That is probably because you were a wolf.
My memory for games is not the best. Trying to just give examples where questioning certain players was like, verboten.

A relevant example was this game. Like, I had concerns about True that I tried to voice early on, but frankly I've actually kinda given up on pushing people. That's how you can now tell Village Cray.
Wolf Cray will push because a fish or wolf that doesn't swim against the stream is just a dead one, and I have to play to my wincon. It doesn't matter my Aff, if I'm going against certain players it's just not going to do anything. Add in the reading card BS, and it's just like, whelp, everyone has the game figured out so your job is just to show up and agree with certain players.

I've tested this out and it's actually the best way to wolf and village around here these days. But I find it hard to do as wolf as it makes me nauseated to do, and as village it doesn't play to my wincon except that you avoid yeet.

At the end of the day, you guys are saying it's good and fair that some people don't get misyeeted and others get misyeeted all the time. And people who feel ignored or picked on aren't. All is right with the world for people who feel that way, and people who don't feel that way, well, it's all good for them too.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
At the end of the day, you guys are saying it's good and fair that some people don't get misyeeted and others get misyeeted all the time. And people who feel ignored or picked on aren't. All is right with the world for people who feel that way, and people who don't feel that way, well, it's all good for them too.
That's not what I'm saying at all. I am saying that no one should have a problem with people not getting misyeeted. It's literally backwards thinking to call that an issue. Shouldn't that be part of everyone's goal, to not be misyeeted? I'm also saying there is currently no one except Alissa who has been a frequent misyeets in this entire year. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that, but I have played or modded every game here in the last 8 months and I do sometimes remember things.

A relevant example was this game. Like, I had concerns about True that I tried to voice early on, but frankly I've actually kinda given up on pushing people. That's how you can now tell Village Cray.
Wolf Cray will push because a fish or wolf that doesn't swim against the stream is just a dead one, and I have to play to my wincon. It doesn't matter my Aff, if I'm going against certain players it's just not going to do anything. Add in the reading card BS, and it's just like, whelp, everyone has the game figured out so your job is just to show up and agree with certain players.

I've tested this out and it's actually the best way to wolf and village around here these days. But I find it hard to do as wolf as it makes me nauseated to do, and as village it doesn't play to my wincon except that you avoid yeet.
You can't in the same breath say you were ignored and then also admit that you weren't really trying to be heard. I mean a lot of this still seems to stem from the anniversary game stuff, and you have to accept the context that you were a wolf there, so of course people who were wolf reading you or looking back at your posts after you flipped weren't going to listen to you. And as far as this game goes, it is hard for me personally to pick out who you are actually wolf-reading when you mention suspicion of nearly everyone in the game and rarely give us summaries of where your thoughts are at.

Reactions: 1 users
Minus one mutual scum exception, from the start of my noob game, I've had two consistent and conflicting trends:
1- There is not infrequently a wagon on me
2- If I decide someone has to go, scum or not, I'm pretty good at screaming about it until they're voted out (I think, maybe folks disagree). Minus one exception (grandmana thunderdomes better). Been able to do that since my first wagon as a baby player.
Personally I am not surprised when a stoat can weasel out of a wagon ;)

• Haha
Hey I would love it if people stopped sheeping my votes, particularly d1 (except for when I really really want them to). I don't really know what you expect me to do about it though, in a practical sense.

And again you're being vague but where are the specific examples of games where this is happening frequently? I already stated how few wolf wins there have been recently among the group you're talking about.
Well, wolf wins depend on misyeets, do they not? I already said that you don't have to be the most village, just not the most wolfy to avoid yeet. But as a group I think we could be more openminded to yeeting or not yeeting some people, and everyone might benefit.

Village leaders have to lead. If you're not sold on a wagon, don't vote there. Of you're undecided on a current wagon and have a wolfier read, put them on the board. Don't be complacent. I say this to everyone because it's true. The day I stopped sheeping others is the day I could start putting my own horses in the race.

Vote early, often, and strongly.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy when it comes down to the wire and people are looking for who pushed the wolves or otherwise narrowed the POE.

Well, wolf wins depend on misyeets, do they not? I already said that you don't have to be the most village, just not the most wolfy to avoid yeet. But as a group I think we could be more openminded to yeeting or not yeeting some people, and everyone might benefit.
For like the third time, I've already pointed out that people are clearly open to yeeting us, just perhaps not as much when we're village, which just means we're doing our jobs.

If what you are saying is that you just want it to be easier to push me when you're a wolf and I'm village, well, good luck lol I'm really trying not to be rude but I don't think that's a good way to approach the game. You can try as hard to push me as I try not to be pushed, or you can work as hard to convince people I'm wolf as I do to convince them I'm village, or hell you can pocket me or kill me so you don't have to worry about it, but I'm not going to make it easier for you nor do I think it benefits anyone for me to do so. It would hurt my wolf game as much as it would hurt my village game, so why the hell would I want that?

Wolf wins do depend on misyeets at their core, yes. But getting those misyeets depends on more than just not being the wolfiest player on the field. If you leave it up to that, you are depending on the village to make mistakes, rather than forcing them to make those mistakes. If village play elevates, wolf play has to elevate too. The more villagers are able to get themselves village read, the higher the bar is that wolves have to clear. I don't think the goal should be to bring that bar back down. If someone questions me and they decide I'm village, are they just supposed to still keep questioning me because "oh, well Dubz doesn't get misyeeted, better do the wolves' jobs for them"? Like I'm not sure what you're looking for in a practical sense. Samac, Zenge, and AM were all pushed hard at different points this game and ended up being village read. I wasn't so much this game but have been pushed hard in others and ended up village read. The scenarios you are talking about just aren't actually happening in reality.

Wolf wins do depend on misyeets at their core, yes. But getting those misyeets depends on more than just not being the wolfiest player on the field. If you leave it up to that, you are depending on the village to make mistakes, rather than forcing them to make those mistakes.
this is me leaving myself another reminder to respond to this in particular with something I cannot yet discuss

For like the third time, I've already pointed out that people are clearly open to yeeting us, just perhaps not as much when we're village, which just means we're doing our jobs.

If what you are saying is that you just want it to be easier to push me when you're a wolf and I'm village, well, good luck lol I'm really trying not to be rude but I don't think that's a good way to approach the game. You can try as hard to push me as I try not to be pushed, or you can work as hard to convince people I'm wolf as I do to convince them I'm village, or hell you can pocket me or kill me so you don't have to worry about it, but I'm not going to make it easier for you nor do I think it benefits anyone for me to do so. It would hurt my wolf game as much as it would hurt my village game, so why the hell would I want that?
This is absurd and not at all what I mean. It's fine, like, clearly some of us are not being ignored and you guys never struggle with yeeting certain players when they are scum. Nothing to complain about.

This came up about bussing, and I suggested a certain player had a stranglehold on things, in terms of influencing noobs, the way the game is played on the site. If you want to think it's just in my head and others don't feel similarly and that there is a basis for this, nothing I will say will convince anyone otherwise.

This exactly proves my point though. If you try to speak up and voice the thought that aren't popular about certain players, expect to be dismissed. Which is a sad way to play a game where anyone can rand on the opposite team.

But I keep saying, there's no intolerance to be found here.

This is absurd and not at all what I mean. It's fine, like, clearly some of us are not being ignored and you guys never struggle with yeeting certain players when they are scum. Nothing to complain about.
I never said I don't personally struggle with yeeting certain players when they are scum. I am happy to admit when I do and I often rely on other people to help me read them in those scenarios. But as a whole? I think you're overstating how much of an effect it has on the game. I'm presenting actual game events to support that these people still get pushed and voted. Maybe not misvoted, but I don't see a good argument for that being a problem. You're talking about your personal feelings. I don't know how to reconcile that with the actual facts of game outcomes.

I am sorry that you feel you've been ignored or not heard. I am happy to try to correct that in future games if I'm personally doing it. But if we're talking about people being misyeeted, which again is what you seem to be focusing on, I just can't wrap my head around that being the goal.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wolf wins do depend on misyeets at their core, yes. But getting those misyeets depends on more than just not being the wolfiest player on the field. If you leave it up to that, you are depending on the village to make mistakes, rather than forcing them to make those mistakes. If village play elevates, wolf play has to elevate too. The more villagers are able to get themselves village read, the higher the bar is that wolves have to clear. I don't think the goal should be to bring that bar back down. If someone questions me and they decide I'm village, are they just supposed to still keep questioning me because "oh, well Dubz doesn't get misyeeted, better do the wolves' jobs for them"? Like I'm not sure what you're looking for in a practical sense. Samac, Zenge, and AM were all pushed hard at different points this game and ended up being village read. I wasn't so much this game but have been pushed hard in others and ended up village read. The scenarios you are talking about just aren't actually happening in reality.
I'm not trying to say it's enough to just not be the wolfiest player on the board. I say that to encourage the people who feel they are always under super sus or who come under the radar early or often, why they shouldn't give up. Because making a case for another player can potentially get them misyeeted instead of you, and sometimes it's not a question of will village yeet you, but when. And I have seen wolves win this way because there was always someone village wanted to yeet first before them, before getting around to them and then it was too late.

And that is EXACTLY what I am trying to say, you need to push village to make mistakes. There are obviously mistakes besides misyeets you can push them to that help the wolf cause, but misyeets are needed.

In your world where a certain group of players get correctly village read like every time and never misyeeted, how do you not see that this by default will mean the wolves lose or certain other players have the privilege of being the misyeets in question? And you seriously think this ONLY happens because of how good/bad the players are?

All of this perpetuates the things that people complain about. I am arguing that we could stand to benefit from people doing things differently. This is how this related to the bussing talk, and the fact that from what I can tell some players have a certain influence on the game that has gotten people to stop playing. If you think this made the game better for everyone, I don't know what to tell you.

To this end, I truly think the "bussing is bad" talk needs to stop. As does throwing the wolves **** for killing people they think is best for the pack to win.

I never said I don't personally struggle with yeeting certain players when they are scum. I am happy to admit when I do and I often rely on other people to help me read them in those scenarios. But as a whole? I think you're overstating how much of an effect it has on the game. I'm presenting actual game events to support that these people still get pushed and voted. Maybe not misvoted, but I don't see a good argument for that being a problem. You're talking about your personal feelings. I don't know how to reconcile that with the actual facts of game outcomes.

I am sorry that you feel you've been ignored or not heard. I am happy to try to correct that in future games if I'm personally doing it. But if we're talking about people being misyeeted, which again is what you seem to be focusing on, I just can't wrap my head around that being the goal.
That's fair, but they should be seriously discussed. And seriously discussing them should not be the basis of discounting or sussing anyone doing so. I don't think this will mean that games get thrown.

you seriously think this ONLY happens because of how good/bad the players are?
I'm about to regret wading back into this, but simply?

Yes. Yes, I do think that some people don't get misyeeted because their skill set includes projecting villageyness. No, I don't think that's a problem. No, I don't think that means those players are inherently BETTER players than anyone else. It simply means that among their strengths, that is one of them.

Everyone here has strengths and weaknesses in their play. I'm baller at getting myself correctly village read (and yes, the fact that this occurs on other sites too is relevant, as it actively disproves the notion that it's popularity based, it's PLAY based). I'm NOT good at believing in my wolf reads when I'm playing with unfamiliar people. I'm NOT good at listening to the perspectives of people I'm wolf reading, which can make me bad at reevaluating when I should if there aren't people yelling at me. Also my temper gets in the way of productive conversation sometimes.

Zenge is AMAZING at finding wolves. Zenge is NOT as good at projecting himself as village as some other people on this site - case in point, Zenge got vigged (as a villager) when he played off-site for the first time.

You're great at coming up with the theories that other people might not be thinking of. I don't think you're often misread either??? Like I think I've seen you get misyeeted ... three? times since I started playing. You're not as strong in the process of building an early blocc as some other people, because you're usually throwing sus at everything that moves in early game.

All of us have things that we bring to the table, and things that make it more challenging (for either aff). Being able to get oneself village read is one of MANY skills in WW. No one is saying that there is One Right Way to village. But to dismiss that particular skill as being popularity based, or clique based, in the face of evidence from other sites where that cannot be the case, is the same as saying "well, Zenge isn't actually that good at wolf hunting, it's that wolves always reveal themselves to him" or "well, Truenamer didn't really do a good job pocketing PSV, they're just good friends." It's devaluing a skill that can be just as important to village wins as it can be to wolf ones.

[thoughts here that I'll come back to post semis]

Reactions: 3 users
That's fair, but they should be seriously discussed. And seriously discussing them should not be the basis of discounting or sussing anyone doing so. I don't think this will mean that games get thrown.
I don't disagree. Everyone should be discussed and evaluated. I just think we overall do a pretty good job of that.

I'm not trying to say it's enough to just not be the wolfiest player on the board. I say that to encourage the people who feel they are always under super sus or who come under the radar early or often, why they shouldn't give up. Because making a case for another player can potentially get them misyeeted instead of you, and sometimes it's not a question of will village yeet you, but when. And I have seen wolves win this way because there was always someone village wanted to yeet first before them, before getting around to them and then it was too late.

And that is EXACTLY what I am trying to say, you need to push village to make mistakes. There are obviously mistakes besides misyeets you can push them to that help the wolf cause, but misyeets are needed.

In your world where a certain group of players get correctly village read like every time and never misyeeted, how do you not see that this by default will mean the wolves lose or certain other players have the privilege of being the misyeets in question? And you seriously think this ONLY happens because of how good/bad the players are?

All of this perpetuates the things that people complain about. I am arguing that we could stand to benefit from people doing things differently. This is how this related to the bussing talk, and the fact that from what I can tell some players have a certain influence on the game that has gotten people to stop playing. If you think this made the game better for everyone, I don't know what to tell you.

To this end, I truly think the "bussing is bad" talk needs to stop. As does throwing the wolves **** for killing people they think is best for the pack to win.
I mean, if we're talking about understanding other people's perspectives, I don't know if you have put yourself in the shoes of players who get killed early almost every single time they're village. I think they have every right to be upset about barely getting to play because of that, just the same as people who get misyeeted early. That is a function of us playing as a small community where only one game runs at a time. I think we have these courtesy things for each other because the overall enjoyment of playing together is more important than any one win. And I think it is okay to challenge people to seek other ways to win besides just killing who you think is the strongest village player first. I mean seriously, if you were on the wolf kill shortlist d1 every game, and rarely made it past d2, are you saying you wouldn't be upset about that? There are more players who are frequently night killed early than players who have been misyeeted more than once this year actually.

Reactions: 5 users
Here's my perspective as someone who is often a lower poster and not often early village read -

When I was a wee noob I was often misyeeted and an easy push for wolves. And iirc @Barkley13 in my noob class was often a D1 misyeet too. Cubs also started around the time I did too.

Cubs hardly ever gets misyeeted anymore especially in comparison to his early play and same with Barks.

At this point, I haven't been misyeeted in over a year. Even with the Dina paranoia, I've improved my play enough that even when I'm absent/busy I'm still able to pull myself out of a misyeet.

I'd attribute this all to improved play and reads and in some cases better understanding of a players meta. Not necessarily the most popular or the loudest or even the most villagery player

Reactions: 5 users
I also think this argument about bussing keeps coming up and every single time it comes up everyone ends up talking past each other.

No one ever said you're a bad player if you bus. That's just never been a thing. You do have to accept the detriment to your ability to get village clearance if you do. But no one is out there throwing games by not bussing, and sometimes the act of bussing has led to losses that might have been preventable otherwise. Every strategy has its downfall. Powerwolfing depends a lot on minimizing wolf deaths. If you don't pull it off properly, every time a wolf dies village gets a huge amount of information. Deepwolfing depends on that deepwolf staying safe. You leave yourself really wide open to being mechanically outted despite good VCA, for instance, and then you've lost because you put all your eggs in one basket.

But again, and I'll bold it this time
No one is arguing that bussing is bad in all situations and not bussing is good in all situation. It is all about preference and your own playstyle and what works for you and your pack.

To say anyone has argued otherwise is just creating a strawman. If people have taken discussions about it to mean that they are a bad player if they bus, then they've read to deeply into what is ultimately a personal playstyle preference.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
the overall enjoyment of playing together is more important than any one win
And this is why I want to play WW here, not on other sites. Even through the "I'VE BEEN POCKETED GODDAMMIT," not winning any wolf games (yet), the embarrassment of totally choking-- I play here because it's fun, and because it's welcoming, and because we meme together. Not because it's a cutthroat environment of bloodlust and betrayal, although sometimes it can be.
If everyone was doing exactly what was needed to win every single game, feelings, courtesy, and respect be damned, I would think this game was a lot less fun, personally.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Anyway we should run a new game so I can put my money where my mouth is :heckyeah:
I mean, I can post sign ups for Madagascar tonight, but idk when exactly it’ll start.

@PippyPony or @Lawpy, how soon do you think your games would be able to go? I can run Madagascar - especially if I’m going to use the mountainous 15er open setup, I’m just not exactly sure when my champs commitment will end, but it shouldn’t be ALL that much longer.

• Love
I mean, I can post sign ups for Madagascar tonight, but idk when exactly it’ll start.

@PippyPony or @Lawpy, how soon do you think your games would be able to go? I can run Madagascar - especially if I’m going to use the mountainous 15er open setup, I’m just not exactly sure when my champs commitment will end, but it shouldn’t be ALL that much longer.
I’m not in any rush so post sign ups away pls

I'm about to regret wading back into this, but simply?

Yes. Yes, I do think that some people don't get misyeeted because their skill set includes projecting villageyness. No, I don't think that's a problem. No, I don't think that means those players are inherently BETTER players than anyone else. It simply means that among their strengths, that is one of them.

Everyone here has strengths and weaknesses in their play. I'm baller at getting myself correctly village read (and yes, the fact that this occurs on other sites too is relevant, as it actively disproves the notion that it's popularity based, it's PLAY based). I'm NOT good at believing in my wolf reads when I'm playing with unfamiliar people. I'm NOT good at listening to the perspectives of people I'm wolf reading, which can make me bad at reevaluating when I should if there aren't people yelling at me. Also my temper gets in the way of productive conversation sometimes.

Zenge is AMAZING at finding wolves. Zenge is NOT as good at projecting himself as village as some other people on this site - case in point, Zenge got vigged (as a villager) when he played off-site for the first time.

You're great at coming up with the theories that other people might not be thinking of. I don't think you're often misread either??? Like I think I've seen you get misyeeted ... three? times since I started playing. You're not as strong in the process of building an early blocc as some other people, because you're usually throwing sus at everything that moves in early game.

All of us have things that we bring to the table, and things that make it more challenging (for either aff). Being able to get oneself village read is one of MANY skills in WW. No one is saying that there is One Right Way to village. But to dismiss that particular skill as being popularity based, or clique based, in the face of evidence from other sites where that cannot be the case, is the same as saying "well, Zenge isn't actually that good at wolf hunting, it's that wolves always reveal themselves to him" or "well, Truenamer didn't really do a good job pocketing PSV, they're just good friends." It's devaluing a skill that can be just as important to village wins as it can be to wolf ones.

[thoughts here that I'll come back to post semis]
Hey, these are great points and I'm glad you've made them.

• Care
Here's my perspective as someone who is often a lower poster and not often early village read -

When I was a wee noob I was often misyeeted and an easy push for wolves. And iirc @Barkley13 in my noob class was often a D1 misyeet too. Cubs also started around the time I did too.

Cubs hardly ever gets misyeeted anymore especially in comparison to his early play and same with Barks.

At this point, I haven't been misyeeted in over a year. Even with the Dina paranoia, I've improved my play enough that even when I'm absent/busy I'm still able to pull myself out of a misyeet.

I'd attribute this all to improved play and reads and in some cases better understanding of a players meta. Not necessarily the most popular or the loudest or even the most villagery player
I’m just thinking of how me and Alley (both winners of the Most Likely To Die D1 award) made it through a wolf game together lol

• Love
  • Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I’m just thinking of how me and Alley (both winners of the Most Likely To Die D1 award) made it through a wolf game together lol
My memory is foggy. Was that a wolf stomp?

• Care
I mean, if we're talking about understanding other people's perspectives, I don't know if you have put yourself in the shoes of players who get killed early almost every single time they're village. I think they have every right to be upset about barely getting to play because of that, just the same as people who get misyeeted early. That is a function of us playing as a small community where only one game runs at a time. I think we have these courtesy things for each other because the overall enjoyment of playing together is more important than any one win. And I think it is okay to challenge people to seek other ways to win besides just killing who you think is the strongest village player first. I mean seriously, if you were on the wolf kill shortlist d1 every game, and rarely made it past d2, are you saying you wouldn't be upset about that? There are more players who are frequently night killed early than players who have been misyeeted more than once this year actually.
Yeah, it's interesting you bring this up, and I completely agree which is why I have actually tried to find ways to make this happen less to those people. This is another reason for why challenging certain players is of benefit to everyone. I hear it come up again and again where wolves didn't target someone right off because there was some talk about someone's wolfiness. And that isn't all I've tried to do.

And as it turns out, I reread the pack chat from the anniversary game, and things that game did not go how I thought they did. We really actually bent over backwards and made the game a lot harder and even less fun for ourselves, trying not to strongarm NK a lot of people that we frankly could have and it probably would have been better for our team. Even if it hadn't been different in outcome, it would have been more fun for us, certainly.

Yeah, it's interesting you bring this up, and I completely agree which is why I have actually tried to find ways to make this happen less to those people. This is another reason for why challenging certain players is of benefit to everyone. I hear it come up again and again where wolves didn't target someone right off because there was some talk about someone's wolfiness. And that isn't all I've tried to do.
I often appreciate people holding off on village reading me d1 or 2 for this reason :laugh: a bit of sus combined with my usual trash voting makes for an alive Dubz. I think I even mentioned that this game since you were the only person still bringing up reasons why I might be suspicious...let me see if I can find the post.

But on the flipside it can confuse things to try to mess with sincere reads. And I'm not good enough at 4D chess usually to temper my village read of someone just to try to keep them from getting NK'd. Like, if I'm hedging on someone I'm good at reading, let's say SAR, and then I die...that's a perfect opportunity for wolves to misyeet her because I never said the soul read had happened and she was village.

• Care
But on the flipside it can confuse things to try to mess with sincere reads. And I'm not good enough at 4D chess usually to temper my village read of someone just to try to keep them from getting NK'd. Like, if I'm hedging on someone I'm good at reading, let's say SAR, and then I die...that's a perfect opportunity for wolves to misyeet her because I never said the soul read had happened and she was village.
Yeah, I mean, it's fair this point you're making.

To be clear, I'm not making up sus, I just don't make a point of not leaning into the natural paranoia. Because I see value in the act of questioning, and PbPa, looking at a single post in isolation almost, or looking at a string of them looking for a scummy pattern (like I was doing with yours), it can catch the scum. But the utility AND weakness of the method, is that many individual posts taken in isolation, you can ask the question, would Wolf!So-and-So say this, and you can conclude sure, maybe. This is an organic way to find sus to sus.

The thing is, no one who is actually village and is in the "village core" is likely to be yeeted over a single post or a couple of equivocal ones, just because it *could* be wolfy, unless it's just really reads particularly badly. Yes there is the bias that saying someone's name and "wolf" enough will lead to yeets in some cases (there is a name for this bias I forget, it's one of those cognitive bias things proven by science).

In any case, you'd have to convince the village which we keep saying, for some players can really take a lot of convincing and just isn't going to happen. But wolves have to come at the game with a lot more, I don't know hope or optimism or something. They want to believe they can get the misyeets because they have to believe this, or they couldn't even begin to believe a wolf win is possible. Wolf hope springs eternal, because it must. So like someone desperate for a date, they may see signs someone might be pocketed or yeeted and overestimate their chances of this happening.

The people we are talking about as village leaders, the main issue is that I don't pretend to be very good at correctly wolf reading many of them. And many of them have pulled off epic wins that burn my soul. RvB, HZD, 10th Ann. I mean, some of these are old games, but the last one is recent. And genny recently got a wolf win. These game were won by some players that you have to really be top of game to keep from winning.

Now I have missed some games the last 6 months so I don't know how easily some of the village-core leader type people get to end game as wolves without being caught.

I think I said it last game, that it's crucial to be really sure about your village reads and who is being regarded as village leaders. Maybe this is why it feels like a clique - because if the issue is that you have a group that is village and can read each other village, and then you have the villagers who both may be skeptical of the reads or do not read those people as easily, and are themselves hard to read, then you basically have me as village banging my head against the wall trying to figure the other players out, and it does feel like players that dare to question them then get yeeted for not getting into the blocc or recognizing the blocc. See exhibit mkg. Didn't happen this game, but historically she has a hard time being recognized as village. I can't speak to how well she recognizes other players though. But I do see some players not recognizing some other players and paying the price over and over for it.

And to be fair, one doesn't have to exactly nerf one's village play. I know some players that adjusted by playing their cards *just* a little closer to the vest. Like, by maybe not giving strong wolf reads D1. You can argue the issue with lying low in this way would give wolves a pass, and what if you get killed early anyway then the accurate early reads die with you. But if you lay low you are less likely to be killed. And you collect more data points.

Say Zenge reads TN wolfy D1, and they are wolf. TN killing Zenge M1 may actually still work in their favor. They might get sus, but there are so many players, and the Z TN read would have been based on very little data at that point, so it just won't have the same weight as it might a little later into game. And say WZ strongly reads Z village. If Z and WZ hold off on giving these strong reads D1, they increase the likelihood the wolves don't feel so threatened by Z they feel they need to kill him N1.

Now, is this throwing the game or nerfing? I would argue not. Unless Z feels VERY strongly or thinks that voicing the sus is going to get TN yeeted D1, there might be less to gain by voicing the thoughts strongly on thread that early in. Waiting until D2 or D3 to throw much sus on your sus reads, could have the benefit of drawing the pack out more or you having more of a chance to interact and identify partners.

Unless you think you will be targeted N1 for whatever reason, or that there is NO sus or no one will come to see the TN sus as the game goes on, then speaking up at D1 might not have a ton of utility.

Same with strongly reading Z vill D1 by WZ. Unless people are questioning and sussing Z, the vill read by WZ D1 may not do much more that paint a target on his back.

This is another reason why I think it's totally fine to mention the people you are village reading, but if it's some of these players you may not want to put it in a single post in a list. Mention as you go, so people paying attention to thread can see it. Having a list of village reads in a single post, and many people doing that, WILL save a time crunched or behind on thread pack a ton of work at night killing off village consensus players.

I get how sussing and not voting people can make villagers look wolfier than they are. But we're talking about, how can we adapt play so that things go a little differently. The only way to do that is for things to be done a little different.

So, I don't actually have a better solution than for villagers to seriously talk about village leaders to give them cover, and to encourage wolves to try to misyeet these people instead. And if they are wolves, serious talk is helpful obvs.

If I'm village, I need to be convinced these people are village. And if I'm a wolf, I need to be able to try to push these people. Both activities have the potential to make the game more fun for everyone though, consider that.

I don't know what to do about this village core. I do see it as a problem because of how it affects wolf play and then people becoming default early night kill targets or early often misyeets.

We used to have more of a range of village play styles, like DocE, MJ, Nohiko, MsP, and who was that player that started with a K? They injected some chaos into the game. They made it a little harder for village because of the chaos.

I can think of other ways to adjust village play to try to survive longer, that might not backfire. It might work.

And consider, that these players that are so villagey and do so great being villagey, that you're saying they can't pull off wolf wins anymore - like, if you make your village play so textbook village, then you might really struggle when you're a wolf. There needs to be a balance. So maybe people need to stick their neck out and be a little more sketchy. Like seriously, if you don't lean into some sketch behavior (like flinging a little mud at your village reads to see how they react, AND if opportunistic wolves will react) then you have very little you can get away with as a wolf, and you will also have less chance of surviving early NK selection.

Is it nerfing play to be a little less aggressive to your early POE and being a little more, under the radar or sketch or whatever? Well, it depends on if your living past early game has enough benefit for your team. That could counter anything lost by being a little less aggressive or a little more sketch, perhaps.

I've given this a lot of thought when I first started playing, because once upon a time I had improved my village play enough to be hamstrung as a wolf and even to be NK early. But then you just lose every wolf game and you hardly play being killed. And so I guess it depends on how much you think you're needed to help village by being around.

It might seem like I'm huge dingus, but the whole thing going on has made me really adjust my play to the point that I don't even feel like I'm playing well to my wincon anymore. Honestly now I think I just play to punish other people or to try to move the site meta to reverse these annoying trends.

I'm one of the rare who loves suffering at endgame, but I'm never going to not share strong reads I have simply for survival. At the end of the day, it's a team game. Village still can have a chance at winning even if I'm N1'd. They might lose though if I share my thoughts too late or not at all (because guarding/obfuscating your reads doesn't guarentee survival anyway).

• Love