Rant Thread

Reviving the Thread with my Rant of the day:

Why is setting up shadowing harder than shadowing??? :mad: :bang:

Okay, so after Shadowing for 40+ hours at my local hospital through my school, I had such an interesting time and learned so much that I wanted to do it on my own. I've been looking into many different departments at many of the different hospitals near me. Unfortunately, each one of my departments either didn't respond, didn't allow/want a teen shadowing, or were just unable to accomodate me at the time. I realize that having a 16-17 year old to follow you around all day could grow tedious, but I mean really, is it really this hard to find a few hours for someone to tag along? I really wish there was some type of program for shadowing. Things would be so much easier than having to set it up yourself. Or at least a list of people that wouldn't mind allowing people shadow them. *sigh* oh well.

Members don't see this ad.

I wish Google brought back the View Together feature for Google Drive Presentations. It would make my presentation so much easier if I had speaker notes on my phone and was able to control the powerpoint with it...

Reviving the Thread with my Rant of the day:

Why is setting up shadowing harder than shadowing??? :mad: :bang:

Okay, so after Shadowing for 40+ hours at my local hospital through my school, I had such an interesting time and learned so much that I wanted to do it on my own. I've been looking into many different departments at many of the different hospitals near me. Unfortunately, each one of my departments either didn't respond, didn't allow/want a teen shadowing, or were just unable to accomodate me at the time. I realize that having a 16-17 year old to follow you around all day could grow tedious, but I mean really, is it really this hard to find a few hours for someone to tag along? I really wish there was some type of program for shadowing. Things would be so much easier than having to set it up yourself. Or at least a list of people that wouldn't mind allowing people shadow them. *sigh* oh well.

I agree.

Trying to set up shadowing is a pain.

I gave up and did a internship at a hedge fund instead.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok. I am currently on spring break, so it's not really going to be school related.

I hate when there are multiple pages on a thread. I have no idea why, haha, it's a pet peeve.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I WANT TO DO WITH THE REST OF MY LIFE. As far as specialty in med, but I will probably change my mind anyway.

I HATE INSURANCE COMPANIES AND TEETH. It's orthodontic related; they will only cover me for 30 months and I seriously doubt it will be able to happen in only 30 months without teeth being pulled, which is not something I am open to. And plus, my ortho is super booked because they are supposedly so great and so my appointment is MAY 30th. WHAT? WHAT? That is 2 1/2 months from the day we scheduled it. WHAT?! Then in June I have to go get 4 freaking teeth pulling out of my mouth, my wisdom teeth. UGHHH. UGHHH. UGHHHH. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Ok. I'm done.

Why do people think Community College is so harmful?

begin rant/

I've always wondered why people think CC is so detrimental to getting into Med School. The benefits of CC are great IMO. You get a chance to mature if you're not mentally ready for a big-time University. I'm currently taking two college courses. One at a University and one at a CC. The University's class was crowded and it's nearly impossible to get ahold of the Professor. At the CC, The classes were a much smaller and the professor was much easier to reach.

I've always felt that it's a good stepping stone for High School and a Big time University.

And as for the CC to MD debate, I've actually met 3 doctors that have gotten in after going to Community College. (Great doctores BTW :thumbup:). Besides, I don't think most med schools reject CC Credits.

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong (and if i am, please enlighten me :thumbup:) but am I the only one who feels this way? :confused:

/end rant

Why do people think Community College is so harmful?

begin rant/

I've always wondered why people think CC is so detrimental to getting into Med School. The benefits of CC are great IMO. You get a chance to mature if you're not mentally ready for a big-time University. I'm currently taking two college courses. One at a University and one at a CC. The University's class was crowded and it's nearly impossible to get ahold of the Professor. At the CC, The classes were a much smaller and the professor was much easier to reach.

I've always felt that it's a good stepping stone for High School and a Big time University.

And as for the CC to MD debate, I've actually met 3 doctors that have gotten in after going to Community College. (Great doctores BTW :thumbup:). Besides, I don't think most med schools reject CC Credits.

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong (and if i am, please enlighten me :thumbup:) but am I the only one who feels this way? :confused:

/end rant

:thumbup::thumbup: DEFINITELY NOT. I don't get it either, especially if you take science courses after to transfer to prove you can handle your university's coursework.. Especially if you're doing it for financial concerns, I just don't understand the uproar? Maybe it's because we're the only two who don't believe the only way we'll live is if we get into Harvard ;)

:thumbup::thumbup: DEFINITELY NOT. I don't get it either, especially if you take science courses after to transfer to prove you can handle your university's coursework.. Especially if you're doing it for financial concerns, I just don't understand the uproar? Maybe it's because we're the only two who don't believe the only way we'll live is if we get into Harvard ;)

I got a good chuckle out of that right there. Yeah, I guess it's either Harvard or nothing with some of these guys :laugh:

We got report cards today yay.............

AP Biology II - B
AP Chemistry II - D
English 11 Honors - A
Pre-Calculus - C

I love high school

Life sucks.

End of rant.

images

chemistry really does suck -__- luckily I got that out of the way early in hs... now i just got, oh you know, 2 years of it coming up once i get in college.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we all have that one science teacher that makes you want to kill yourself? Cause I do and I remember taking her class last year and she was a BLEEEEEEEP. Thankfully I don't have any "crappy" teachers this year! We are getting a new calculus teacher next year so I am kind of scared about that. Other than that, TIME TO FINISH THIS YEAR OFF STRONG (;

When people mispronounce these words:

INCORRECT: CORRECT

Excape: Escape
Expresso: Espresso
Expecially: Especially
Febuary: February
Fedral: Federal
Interpretate: Interpret
Libary: Library
Mannaise: Mayonnaise
Miniture: Miniature
Nuculer: Nuclear
Parlament: Parliament
Perscription: Prescription
Sherbert: Sherbet

*I'm guilty of a couple of them, myself.

I hate all these medical acronyms on threads that I don't understand.

Also, what in the world does "IMO" mean?

I hate all these medical acronyms on threads that I don't understand.

Also, what in the world does "IMO" mean?

Usually
IMO = In my opinion
IMHO = In my humble opinion

I HATE CHEMISTRY CLASS
I have a really hard *** teacher who only gave A range grades to the top 3 students (Class of 25). We're learning about quantum physics (quarks and gluons) stuff which my father (a professor) said people usually don't learn until college. THIS CLASS IS NOT GOOD FOR MY GPA. I currently have a B.

AH, I remember doing quantum physics, and quantum numbers etc, in the first part of AP chem. -.- I'm actually doing pretty well in AP chem now, I only have an A because I freaking worked my butt off lol.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlMWVwAHll0[/YOUTUBE]

Growing up sucks.
Cars cost too much money, even used ones.
Insurance sucks and is expensive.
Getting a job sucks because no one hires 15 year olds.
Summer classes suck because just taking French 2, which they discontinued (even though we were in French 1) because of budget cuts, costs over 300 dollars to take this summer. Ugh.
And drivers ed sucks because it's expensive too.

UGH WHY CAN'T I BE RICH LIKE YOU GUYS?

Oh and lets not forget that in a month I will be getting teeth yanked out of the back of my mouth. What fun.

Growing up sucks.
Cars cost too much money, even used ones.
Insurance sucks and is expensive.
Getting a job sucks because no one hires 15 year olds.
Summer classes suck because just taking French 2, which they discontinued (even though we were in French 1) because of budget cuts, costs over 300 dollars to take this summer. Ugh.
And drivers ed sucks because it's expensive too.

UGH WHY CAN'T I BE RICH LIKE YOU GUYS?

Oh and lets not forget that in a month I will be getting teeth yanked out of the back of my mouth. What fun.

I can guarantee you that I am as broke as you. If not, then I'm much worse off :laugh: I'm basically flying solo financially.

Sorry to here about your teeth. That's rough. Teeth pain is the worse pain I've ever had! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

My parent's literally won't pay for anything...

My parent's literally won't pay for anything...

Your parents literally probably paid for the dual enrollment classes you take in the summer, your drivers education, your car insurance, your college tuition, and probably your car, too.

Your parents literally probably paid for the dual enrollment classes you take in the summer, your drivers education, your car insurance, your college tuition, and probably your car, too.

yao_ming_true_story_plz_by_mingtruestoryplz-d5qtvjo.jpg

I don't know why that came out so big! :laugh:

I'm so frustrated right now because, my parents complain driving me around to activities but they don't won't me driving....... o.o I would've had my license by now, but I was put in summer camp for children ages 6 - 14. I told them that I'd like to focus on my driver's education and get my provisional license than volunteer at summer camp for this year, but they're like brick walls. I have my learners permit, but most students my age already has their licenses. It'll be so much easier If I could drive unsupervised, I could take my sister to choir, to practice and etc so they won't have to.

Dual Enrollment: It's tuition free in my state. Irrelevant.
Driver's Education: Tuition free in my state.
College Tuition: I don't need to pay tuition since they work for the university.
Car: Don't have one.
Car insurance: I pay for half, they pay for the other half since I have to drive my siblings.
Phone: I pay for it.
Phone plan: I pay for it.

They pay for food and clothing. Pretty much it.

I pay for food and gas. Which can be burdensome because I like to go out to eat almost every night, and I drive a V8 Mustang that gets around 16 miles to the gallon. But other than that, my parents are nice and pay for stuff :thumbup:

I pay for food and gas. Which can be burdensome because I like to go out to eat almost every night, and I drive a V8 Mustang that gets around 16 miles to the gallon. But other than that, my parents are nice and pay for stuff :thumbup:

I drive a Volvo 850 sedan. :thumbup:

volvo-tank-top-art_LeinzUK.gif

[YOUTUBE]G6LY7TJ16pg[/YOUTUBE]

8vh3gOf.png

Can't believe how they treat their customers.

I am tired of seeing highschool kids and even undergrads who jump around like they have everything figured out; profession, specialty, where they are going to go to medical school and residency.. STAHP. Get over yourself, you're not that special..and relaxxxx. This isn't Sims, you can't customize what you are going to do ..you can only work hard. Stop being a wannabe.

Its okay to have passion and drive, but don't over do it.

I am tired of seeing highschool kids and even undergrads who jump around like they have everything figured out; profession, specialty, where they are going to go to medical school and residency.. STAHP. Get over yourself, you're not that special..and relaxxxx. This isn't Sims, you can't customize what you are going to do ..you can only work hard. Stop being a wannabe.

Its okay to have passion and drive, but don't over do it.

+1, it's okay to plan but I know people who have their whole life planned out