Random AADSAS Questions: 2017-2018 Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On the UAB 2022 interview/acceptance thread a couple people have said they got supplementals. And there's a couple pages on their website that reference a supplemental:
UAB - Additional Information - School of Dentistry

UAB - Application Procedures - School of Dentistry
Thx for the link I didn't find it when I made a quick search. Know if the secondary application is long?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I am kind of confused about the application. So I requested my transcript from my university and it was sent to AADSAS and they received it. Is that all I am supposed to do for the transcript section?

Hey guys, I am kind of confused about the application. So I requested my transcript from my university and it was sent to AADSAS and they received it. Is that all I am supposed to do for the transcript section?
Did you in-your all your classes/grades? And then review/finalize transcripts?
If yes once u submit they'll verify your GPA over the next few weeks

Members don't see this ad :)
In regards to the "Prerequisite section" in program materials, are you suppose select only the minimum amount of credits or all the classes that may be relevant? For example, most schools say "minimum 8 biology credits;" does that just mean we select Bio 101 and Bio 102 (general bio) or all other classes in biology as well, like microbiology, anatomy, genetics etc.?

Some schools specify to only select the minimum credits, but others don't really have a description on what they want. Thanks for the help.

Did you in-your all your classes/grades? And then review/finalize transcripts?
If yes once u submit they'll verify your GPA over the next few weeks
Yea I did that. Do we have to match the pre-requisites on the bottom of the page to the schools? And do you mean submit my final application, or when I finalized my transcript thing.

Yea I did that. Do we have to match the pre-requisites on the bottom of the page to the schools? And do you mean submit my final application, or when I finalized my transcript thing.
you need to submit everything to one school (the primary AADSAS) before they start verifying the GPA

Thx for the link I didn't find it when I made a quick search. Know if the secondary application is long?

No clue. But I have read that it goes thru physical mail rather than email

Reactions: 1 user
you need to submit everything to one school (the primary AADSAS) before they start verifying the GPA
Sorry if I am sounding stupid, this process is so confusing to me lol. Do you mean submitting the final application to at least one school?

Sorry if I am sounding stupid, this process is so confusing to me lol. Do you mean submitting the final application to at least one school?
Yes that's exactly right. Under the 3rd tab you can submit individually to schools

Just curious - I remember reading somewhere that you should submit secondaries within 2 weeks of receiving them. Obviously, the sooner the better. That makes sense. But is this a rule or more of a guideline? And why 2 weeks (Other than demonstrating that you're on top of things/are really interested in the school)? Is this explicitly stated somewhere? Does it hold for every school?

Say, for instance, that my AADSAS app has been submitted to one school and has been verified and everything. Now I'm ready to press submit and pay the fees to submit to a bunch of other schools, but I'm going to leave the country without internet access for a month. Would it be better to get AADSAS in now, and run the risk of ignoring any secondaries I might received for a month, or should I submit AADSAS after returning from my trip?

Last edited:
Just curious - I remember reading somewhere that you should submit secondaries within 2 weeks of receiving them. Obviously, the sooner the better. That makes sense. But is this a rule or more of a guideline? And why 2 weeks (Other than demonstrating that you're on top of things/are really interested in the school)? Is this explicitly stated somewhere? Does it hold for every school?

Say, for instance, that my AADSAS app has been submitted to one school and has been verified and everything. Now I'm ready to press submit and pay the fees to submit to a bunch of other schools, but I'm going to leave the country without internet access for a month. Would it be better to get AADSAS in now, and run the risk of ignoring any secondaries I might received for a month, or should I submit AADSAS after returning from my trip?
In my opinion, it would be better to submit as early as possible, especially if you feel your application is already completed. I don't think two weeks is a rule, but much more than that and I think it demonstrates lack of promptness, interest, etc. Is there no way you can find internet access at any point during the entire month? A trip like that sounds like it could hinder your chances this cycle.

For recommendation letters, can they come after submitting the aadsas or do I have to have them all uploaded on aadsas before submitting for verification?

For recommendation letters, can they come after submitting the aadsas or do I have to have them all uploaded on aadsas before submitting for verification?
you can submit before. you can't change the people that uve designated though. however, they acn submit whenever and you can still click to send them emails with the link where they submit the LOR'S.
with that said, i would encourage you to submit as soon as everything is ready

Members don't see this ad :)
This might be dumb or someone else probably posted this (if so, please let me know where it is) but...
When matching courses taken with school's requirements on the app, are you selecting classes that you got the best grades in? I didn't do so hot in my second semester English course but I did better in my Writing Intensive class, and my Writing Intensive sociology class. The English requirement states a composition course or any Writing Intensive course to fulfill the requirement. Would this look bad? School still look at your whole transcript anyway right?
Some other examples where this could be used in: UOP requires 4 semesters of Biology courses, Roseman requires 2 semesters of communication.

Thank you if anyone knows!

Edit: You could also choose a bunch of requirements that could fit the bill and see which schools will take?

In the section that asks you whether you have applied previously, the question asks, "If yes, indicate the year in which you applied."
So if I applied last year should I put "2016" or "2017" (because last year's cycle was called the 2017 application cycle)?

In the section that asks you whether you have applied previously, the question asks, "If yes, indicate the year in which you applied."
So if I applied last year should I put "2016" or "2017" (because last year's cycle was called the 2017 application cycle)?
i guess it;s the 2016-2017 cycle

i guess it;s the 2016-2017 cycle

True, but the answer choices are given as 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 with check boxes next to each year, so I don't know if I should check the box next to 2017 or 2016 lol

True, but the answer choices are given as 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 with check boxes next to each year, so I don't know if I should check the box next to 2017 or 2016 lol
I would assume 2017. If you applied during the 2016-2017 cycle, you would be starting school in 2017.

For entering ap grades, I tried using CR for grades section but aadsas won't let me save it. Can I just say that I got A?

Also what do you guys mean by special designations for ap grades?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I request another letter of evaluation AFTER e-submiting? Just added a new school and they require a fourth letter of rec. Thanks for any help!

Is it the end of the world if I forgot to select which experiences are the most significant :(

Is it the end of the world if I forgot to select which experiences are the most significant :(

I believe you should still be able to select after you submit... You just can't un-select after you click it.

Hey guys! Anyone else having trouble loading the "Check Status" page of AADSAS? When I click on "Check Status" on the top, the loading circle pops up but it never disappears and I can't see the status of all my applications. Any help would be appreciated! I emailed AADSAS, but wanted to see if there was any quick fix to this problem.

I have a question about listing a supervisor. I worked as a cashier at a store (Kmart) that shut down soon after I left. I don't have supervisor contact info anymore since the store isn't open anymore but I have put down the general Sears Holding Corporation HR department phone number. Is this sufficient?

I have a question about listing a supervisor. I worked as a cashier at a store (Kmart) that shut down soon after I left. I don't have supervisor contact info anymore since the store isn't open anymore but I have put down the general Sears Holding Corporation HR department phone number. Is this sufficient?
yeah that should be good.

Anyone know if there's any practical difference between application complete and received/under review?

Anyone know if there's any practical difference between application complete and received/under review?
depends on the school. under reivew doesn't mean that much tbh....it'll still take weeks before they update you. you don't know for sure which day your app will be looked at. I guess after its application complete means they got all ur materials, under review means they will be sending your app for review in the next few weeks. some schools will get back to you soon others wont will august/september

how do you know if your DAT scores have been verified?

how do you know if your DAT scores have been verified?
youll get an email
too see the GPA's go to check status-->pick a school-->click on PDF-->see GPA under transcripts u've entered

When submitting aadsas application for lets say 10 schools, do I have to finish all the secondaries on the question section to be possible to press submit button? Or can I submit and finish those questions??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

When submitting aadsas application for lets say 10 schools, do I have to finish all the secondaries on the question section to be possible to press submit button? Or can I submit and finish those questions??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
U can submit individually. So you can finish one at a time

Is it worth to apply to Illinois Chicago dental school out of state?

Is it worth to apply to Illinois Chicago dental school out of state?
Pretty hard to get int but not impossible. The instate tuition has gone up a lot caus Illinois isn't too hot. So my prediction is they'll be letting more students as Illinois speople don't particularly have a financial major advantage to go to UIC. UNless there's a quota or something like the state requires of the school I think that's what will happen
Internationals cannot be considered for acceptance btw

bdb44520367300e2bc31edc8f553f7bd.png

What does this mean? Been like this for weeks and the letter writing committee won't respond to anything

This may seem like a silly question, but should I update the schools I applied to once my DAT scores have been made official? Or, will they receive an alert / update from AADSAS? My main concern is that my application will stay in the "waiting on additional info." pile...

Thanks!

Do all schools that have a supplementary app or fee email you about it, or for some schools is it your responsibility to check their website (meaning they don't send an email with supplementary info but still expect you to submit a fee/app)?

Do all schools that have a supplementary app or fee email you about it, or for some schools is it your responsibility to check their website (meaning they don't send an email with supplementary info but still expect you to submit a fee/app)?
your sole responsibility. just got search your dental school followed by application timeline or application procedures and you'll find the info there

also, what about UVC (virginia commonwealth ) for out of state students?

Do you have to wait for NOVA to email you to start their supplemental?

Hey guys for the application of each school do we need to fill out the pre-req entry. Also, If i didnt take microbiology or physics II yet how do I place that on a transcript even though I already graduated?

Hey guys for the application of each school do we need to fill out the pre-req entry. Also, If i didnt take microbiology or physics II yet how do I place that on a transcript even though I already graduated?
I haven't finished all prerequisites either but when I did transcript entry I included them under in progress ( meaning I'll take them next year) and when I was matching the preruqes for schools I selected that class (even though I hadn't completed it yet)
If you can't change transcript anymore I would maybe let the school know you'll be taking the class.
If you don't do that I think it's okay too u.l be able to update the school later and whip eschools are flexible with WHEN you take prerequisites, they are not felexible with letting anyone skip out of them. So you'll have to take them before you actually matriculate

How do I do it if Im not taking the classes from the school I graduated at?

How do I do it if Im not taking the classes from the school I graduated at?
It doesn't matter intransigence riot what school classes are from. You'll be sending transcripts from multiple schools for grade verification. Just be careful if it's CC some schools have limitations on what/how many classes you should takethere

It doesn't matter intransigence riot what school classes are from. You'll be sending transcripts from multiple schools for grade verification. Just be careful if it's CC some schools have limitations on what/how many classes you should takethere
Oh yea Im def not taking any CC credits. Thank you for the help, but how do I indicate "in progress"? I didnt submit my application yet, but I "finalized" my transcripts. Like how do I add another transcript if I plan on taking a class this coming semester post grad to fulfill one of the prereqs?

Oh yea Im def not taking any CC credits. Thank you for the help, but how do I indicate "in progress"? I didnt submit my application yet, but I "finalized" my transcripts. Like how do I add another transcript if I plan on taking a class this coming semester post grad to fulfill one of the prereqs?
If they've already verified transcripts u can't add anymore I don't think. I'd say write in the supplemental or email schools you'll be taking the s0pecific prerequisite but even if you don't do at I'm sure they'll assume you'll be taking it

I have a question. I took lab components and recitation classes which have no grade to them what do I do for the application? I tried writing none for grade that didn't work.

Also my transcript simply shows credits earned, but it doesn't show the credits a class is worth, how will aadsas know if I am telling the truth?(Unofficial transcript , I wonder if the official one is different?)