Question about Carver College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoc3909

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
On their secondary application, under part D, it asks if you consider yourself a resident of Iowa. Then it later asks you to list your activities in the past 3 years IF you consider yourself to be IS for Carver. Could anyone provide thoughts on this portion? I have lived in Iowa for over a year, my parents own a house here but I go to school and work in a different state. Would I still be considered IS without a degree or job in Iowa? My only Iowa experiences are through community service.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

On their secondary application, under part D, it asks if you consider yourself a resident of Iowa. Then it later asks you to list your activities in the past 3 years IF you consider yourself to be IS for Carver. Could anyone provide thoughts on this portion? I have lived in Iowa for over a year, my parents own a house here but I go to school and work in a different state. Would I still be considered IS without a degree or job in Iowa? My only Iowa experiences are through community service.

Thank you!

What state do you vote in, and have a drivers license in?
If in Iowa, you technically are a resident of the state of Iowa. (Based on legal guidelines)

Members don't see this ad :)
What state do you vote in, and have a drivers license in?
If in Iowa, you technically are a resident of the state of Iowa. (Based on legal guidelines)

I vote, have driver's license, car license plates, and home in Iowa. I live there full time. My college is in a different state 10 min away so I come back every night. I am hoping for a good case for the admissions/registrar. I love Carver haha!

I am nervous because of that question. 90% of my activities will not be Iowa simply because I work on campus and go to school in a neighboring state.

I vote, have driver's license, car license plates, and home in Iowa. I live there full time. My college is in a different state 10 min away so I come back every night. I am hoping for a good case for the admissions/registrar. I love Carver haha!

I am nervous because of that question. 90% of my activities will not be Iowa simply because I work on campus and go to school in a neighboring state.
By all intents and purposes you are an Iowa state resident
If you want to an Iowa public college you would get instate tuition.