Pulmonary boards 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bri2015

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to sit for pulm boards this year in november. i bought comprehensive chest seek bank but wanted to know if i should be focusing only on the pulmonary questions from it? i assume doing the critical questions would be useful for the critical care boards?

Members don't see this ad.

I would mainly do all the pulmonary questions numerous times. You might want to do some of the vent management questions from critical care but I would not spend a whole lot of time on them.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
so, the pulmonary portion has around 400 questions. So, just keep doing only 400 questions? That sounds so little :(

How many times can you reset the SEEK question bank?

Helllo, im planning on taking the pulmonary boards this November. Was wondering what study resources ppl recommend?
- SEEK Q bank
- ATS review book
- Pass machine
- CHEST board review videos

Thanks for all the advice.

Hi all, I graduated from sleep fellowship and will be taking my sleep fellowship boards in a couple months. I was recommended the SEEK questions as one of the few question resources for board prep, but I don't need the other pulm, critical care, etc questions in the bank. Would anyone who bought this question bank be willing to let me have access to just the sleep questions for 2-3 weeks for a fee I can pay you. Thanks!

Hello Everyone,

I am planning on taking the pulmonary boards in November. Is there any consensus on which board review lectures are the best? CHEST, Brigham or Pass Machine?

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I am planning on taking the pulmonary boards in November. Is there any consensus on which board review lectures are the best? CHEST, Brigham or Pass Machine?

Thanks
I am also planning on taking it at the same time. So far Im doing the SEEK questions and CHEST lecture videos, seems pretty comprehensive. Want to hear others thoughts on this.

What score are we supposed to be getting on the pulm seek questions the first time through for pulm boards. Is the average pooled from people who answered the questions the first time through or a cumulative of all attempts?

What score are we supposed to be getting on the pulm seek questions the first time through for pulm boards. Is the average pooled from people who answered the questions the first time through or a cumulative of all attempts?
Not sure, my average score is around 50's the first time. :(

I am also planning on taking it at the same time. So far Im doing the SEEK questions and CHEST lecture videos, seems pretty comprehensive. Want to hear others thoughts on this.
I am doing the same, seems pretty good.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks
I have all these lectures, but I think chest is the best, reviewed some topics in pass machine. Didn't really like Brigham much.

You can reset the questions on your phone. I have not figured out how to reset on the computer. Is doing the chest board review videos and q back a few times good enough to pass?

Yeah there were a fair number of fairly tough questions and esoteric stuff that you just had to memorize but mostly just luck if you knew something or not. I just want to pass!

Anyone else feel like they were destroyed by this exam?
Yup! It was a brutal exam. Much harder than IM and Step 3.

So many freaking questions on Asthma and Physiology. It was like hodgepodge of random facts - if you know them, you get the mark, otherwise you don't. Stat questions were easy. I should have spent more time on Physiology! Not to mention they asked about some landmark trials of LVRS which I am pretty sure I got it wrong.

Anybody have a PDF copy of any of the Chest SEEK Critical Care Medicine editions they could share? Thanks!