Public Apology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Racist is an extremely overused term. I would like to see legit examples before I label someone a racist.

I don't think you have to be racist to have said something racist.

While there were several racist comments made, that doesn't mean he was racist...could be immature, insensitive, ignorant to social norms, etc.

Racist is just a category of faux pas, like sexist, agist, etc.

Calling someone racists is different than categorizing their comments as such.

Members don't see this ad.

There are many jobs which require you identify all of your online aliases ever used.

Check out Question 10:
http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/Obama_Administration_Questionnaire.pdf

"Please list and, if readily available, provide a copy of each book, article,
column or publication (including but not limited to any posts or comments on
blogs or other websites) you have authored, individually or with others. Please list
all aliases or “handles” you have used to communicate on the Internet."

My answer would be N/A. How would they know?

There are many jobs which require you identify all of your online aliases ever used.

Check out Questions 10 and 58:
http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/Obama_Administration_Questionnaire.pdf

"Please list and, if readily available, provide a copy of each book, article,
column or publication (including but not limited to any posts or comments on
blogs or other websites) you have authored, individually or with others. Please list
all aliases or “handles” you have used to communicate on the Internet."

What is that an application for?

My answer would be N/A. How would they know?

They are the government, they know everything.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the latest with the ACOM situation? Was that letter real?

at least they didn't ask for your password.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/tech/news/story/2012-03-20/job-applicants-facebook/53665606/1
Job seekers getting asked for Facebook passwords
SEATTLE – When Justin Bassett interviewed for a new job, he expected the usual questions about experience and references. So he was astonished when the interviewer asked for something else: his Facebook username and password... In their efforts to vet applicants, some companies and government agencies are going beyond merely glancing at a person's social networking profiles and instead asking to log in as the user to have a look around....

IMO one of his biggest mistakes was to create a a thread.

look, the fact that they mentioned authorities AND even went as far as saying that they would charge him with trespassing if he stepped foot over there means that they had enough evidence. ACOM mentioned that had let go a potential faculty member after seeing how he conducted himself at a local restaurant. They seem to stress respect and other values. I dont know how he conducted himself on FB but i remember that he was part of some silly underdogs group and had a scuffle. why the heck do people spend so much time with stuff like that?

right now, he really should try to get some of those interviews he withdrew back. hope acom doesnt spill the beans to other schools. one things for sure, ACOM is now famous on SDN for all the wrong reasons

:confused::confused:Have no idea what that means. But what if next year, ACOM and other schools would ask in their secondary "What is your SDN user name?":smuggrin: I wonder how many would be stupid enough to answer.
Time to create 20+ different handles where each one will just say about how awesome and amazing the particular school I'm applying to is.

IMO one of his biggest mistakes was to create a a thread.

look, the fact that they mentioned authorities AND even went as far as saying that they would charge him with trespassing if he stepped foot over there means that they had enough evidence. ACOM mentioned that had let go a potential faculty member after seeing how he conducted himself at a local restaurant. They seem to stress respect and other values. I dont know how he conducted himself on FB but i remember that he was part of some silly underdogs group and had a scuffle. why the heck do people spend so much time with stuff like that?

right now, he really should try to get some of those interviews he withdrew back. hope acom doesnt spill the beans to other schools. one things for sure, ACOM is now famous on SDN for all the wrong reasons

I'd say that group was pretty helpful for me, despite some personal conflicts people had earlier.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on sept 13th and just got an acceptance email today :). So blessed to be able to start next august and know that all my effort was not wasted, I think this will be a very strong program and I plan on working hard to raise the bar high for this school. So excited it's unreal.

whoever else gets in, contact me and well start the FB group for acom class of 2017!

This was the beginning of the end straight from the ACOM school specific forum.

Some sarcasm even though it's the Internet is pretty... obvious.

ACOM is now famous on SDN for all the wrong reasons
I'm pretty sure they'll manage to fill all their seats, but they could run into the problem that people will pick it as their dead last choice.

Iv just summed up this whole thread. How long is this conversation going to continue? Can we end it now? We all know the offer got rescinded and we all learned a lesson from it. Bump the thread if u want but saying the same thing 1000 times is like running in circles for days on end. You end up right Back where u started and nothing has changed

I vote its time to kill this thread

bump! :D

I'm pretty sure they'll manage to fill all their seats, but they could run into the problem that people will pick it as their dead last choice.

Being everyone's last choice means a few things for board pass rates. A few years of low board scores and pass rates and the school will be gone.

ACOM is lucky this isn't /b/.

Being everyone's last choice means a few things for board pass rates. A few years of low board scores and pass rates and the school will be gone.

ACOM is lucky this isn't /b/.

Personally, though I didnt apply there, I have heard only good about ACOM. I think they will be OK

images

Over thanks giving the legend was on the facebook group ACOM 2017 and there were a total of 42 members.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/472110872833939/

Now today it went from 42 members to 41 and he's no longer on the list. How ironic history repeats itself a founder of a group forced to be eliminated from his own group.

Personally, though I didnt apply there, I have heard only good about ACOM. I think they will be OK

Either way, whether or not they survive or not is irrelevant to me. I will neither wish to live in the deep south nor do I wish to attend ACOM.

Goro, my bf and I says worse things to each other jokingly. And it's absolutely hilarious. The man made a sarcastic joke on the internet. He did not advocate joining the wolksfront or KKK or lynching people.

This is unprofessional behavior on behalf of ACOM. And like Mehd school, I wouldn't apply there, albeit I have applied anyways.

You need a new bf ;)

Either way, whether or not they survive or not is irrelevant to me. I will neither wish to live in the deep south nor do I wish to attend ACOM.

OK, deal ;)

(I dont either btw, but Im not sure if thats relevant to the comment...but Ill play along!)

But this doesnt have anything to do with the school, or its future chances, which are fine.

I wish there was a tl;dr for this thread :confused:
Guy said controversial stuff on SDN or FB. School he was admitted to finds out and rescinds offer. People think it might be a prank; it wasn't.

i wonder who reported him?

Iv just summed up this whole thread. How long is this conversation going to continue? Can we end it now? We all know the offer got rescinded and we all learned a lesson from it. Bump the thread if u want but saying the same thing 1000 times is like running in circles for days on end. You end up right Back where u started and nothing has changed

I vote its time to kill this thread

bump! :D

He used his real name for both SDN and bookface

I have to admit that was a cute typo. But yah, never leave a trail of breadcrumbs like that.. or else ACOM or a witch will ruin your entire weekend.

Lol nah, he makes me laugh my ass off. But either way, it's all about context.

Is it sexist to think that girls online should label themselves as such?

Its mostly because by default I assume people on the internet are males and I dislike getting it wrong and referring to people as He when not appropriate :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

yea but i bet someone tipped them off.

did he ever say anything stupid in the acom fb group? cuz they were aware of that.

I have lived in the deep south all my life, and want desperately to get out of here! However I'm used to the nice weather and mild winters. So what's a place with nice warm weather, that isnt full of ultra religious, ultra obese, racist ( sorry if offensive but for the deep south, its true)? I think I'll apply to PNWU, and other schools in the northeast and west.

yea but i bet someone tipped them off.

did he ever say anything stupid in the acom fb group? cuz they were aware of that.

Go read the thread :eyebrow:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

I have lived in the deep south all my life, and want desperately to get out of here! However I'm used to the nice weather and mild winters. So what's a place with nice warm weather, that isnt full of ultra religious, ultra obese, racist ( sorry if offensive but for the deep south, its true)? I think I'll apply to PNWU, and other schools in the northeast and west.

I'm sure you would've figured it out soon enough, but the word on the street is you've got to have some kind of tie-in to WA to get a secondary from them, though not necessarily residence.

Idk, Miami? Houstan, and New Mexico, and California.

Come to Baltimore.

I'm sure you would've figured it out soon enough, but the word on the street is you've got to have some kind of tie-in to WA to get a secondary from them, though not necessarily residence.

I have no ties to WA or even the Northwest but I got an interview from PNWU.

But if anyone thinks they'll go there for warm weather, they're kidding themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.