Public Apology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManBroDude

Half man, half bearpig
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The whole thing was deleted by the mods, including its counterpart in pre-md. Was it an epic practical joke by a friend like some thought? Why was it not only locked, but deleted as well?

Edit: Please refrain from calling this person out by name until the whole thing gets sussed out.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It is possible that the person paid for the premium membership so that they could delete the thread.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I think he just asked for it to be deleted. Think about how much bad publicity that gave him, especially considering 1) his username is close to his real name 2) its on the front page of pre-do, and 3) its right in the middle of interview season. Most if not all DO schools are peeking in here from time to time.

I had a dream last night that this whole debacle was a joke put on by some of his enemies. See how much I care about him/her?:p

maybe i should pay for that too...can i delete old threads too?

i think the stuff is still cached tho
I did it and changed my username. I had the same problem as him: my old username was exactly my first and last name (not very smart, right?)

I ponied up for Gold, changed my username, and now I can delete old posts to my heart's content.

I said posts, not threads.

Edit: Oh snap, threads too!!

Can we just let this rest until he has things worked out? Come on people!!

The whole thing was deleted by the mods, including its counterpart in pre-md. Was it an epic practical joke by a friend like some thought? Why was it not only locked, but deleted as well?

Yeah, I'd like to know as well. I hope it wasn't a prank.

This is an important point that needs to be stressed every year:

Posting any personally identifiable information on SDN means you are OK with it possibly coming back to bite you in the ass.

I hope we can all learn from this person's mistakes.

Members don't see this ad :)
No it wasn't a joke. The admins deleted it as a favor i think. Anyway, contact him if you want details about what actually happend, however, i can tell you all that it wasn't a joke

Last edited:
I would wager my eventual matriculation against it being real.

Think about it: such an important decision....sent through email and denying the right to appeal or even get clarification..? Riiiiight. Right before a time period where the office will be closed for a number of days so that he'll stew in it for a while? IP doesn't match other emails sent from the school? Fake.

But anyway, dude had it coming. I don't think the "it" should have been this great of magnitude, but still. Dozens of people learned a lesson from this.

There is a legendary troll among us.

Members with gold donor status have the ability to delete their own threads and posts. Staff does not take deleting threads lightly and will very very very rarely do so unless it is spam. VERY VERY rarely. Just because a thread is deleted does not mean mod staff deleted it.

I invite you all to review the privileges extended to donor members before assuming mod staff has taken action the user may have had the ability to handle themselves.

I don't know how, but the answer is yes to both posts and threads.

That's cool. Did not know.

I would wager my eventual matriculation against it being real.

Think about it: such an important decision....sent through email and denying the right to appeal or even get clarification..? Riiiiight. Right before a time period where the office will be closed for a number of days so that he'll stew in it for a while? IP doesn't match other emails sent from the school? Fake.

But anyway, dude had it coming. I don't think the "it" should have been this great of magnitude, but still. Dozens of people learned a lesson from this.

There is a legendary troll among us.

It's starting to look more legit. The IP is an ACOM IP.

Also, it's really not that important of a decision from the school's POV for several reasons.
1. It's still pretty early in the cycle.
2. It's very early in the cycle for students to be committing to schools.
3. This person has not yet paid their deposit and presumably has not communicated to ACOM that they have turned down all other interview offers.
4. Like all other med schools, ACOM can replace 99% of the people it accepts. The 1% being superstar applicants.

However, I do agree that the timing of it does make it seem fake.

Edit: I'm not douching on this person, I'm just pointing out that this decision probably isn't that big of a deal to the school. The reasons why they made the decision are big, obviously, but the decision itself (rescinding a single offer in November) isn't hurting them at all.

Last edited:
This is an important point that needs to be stressed every year:

Posting any personally identifiable information on SDN means you are OK with it possibly coming back to bite you in the ass.

I hope we can all learn from this person's mistakes.

If this isn't a hoax, I hope SDN bans the user who complained to ACOM. I post on other message boards where taking online stuff into real life gets you permanently banned.

this is interesting as when I interviewed at ACOM, they actually brought him up as he created the ACOM FB group. its obvious that someone must have reported him and ACOM looked in to his online posts and stuff. figured he was too much of a liability. i distinctly remember how much the dean at ACOM stressed respect and how they even denied a potential faculty member after seeing how he treated a waitress at a restaurant. so with them being a new school and all, they dont want to take any chances. having seen the letter and some of the things written on it regarding them informing the authorities, theres much more to this...

so lets see what happens come monday. if it is a hoax, someone needs to call up the fbi or something

this is interesting as when I interviewed at ACOM, they actually brought him up as he created the ACOM FB group. its obvious that someone must have reported him and ACOM looked in to his online posts and stuff. figured he was too much of a liability. i distinctly remember how much the dean at ACOM stressed respect and how they even denied a potential faculty member after seeing how he treated a waitress at a restaurant.

so lets see what happens come monday.

Wow, if true, that's pretty intense.

this is interesting as when I interviewed at ACOM, they actually brought him up as he created the ACOM FB group. its obvious that someone must have reported him and ACOM looked in to his online posts and stuff. figured he was too much of a liability. i distinctly remember how much the dean at ACOM stressed respect and how they even denied a potential faculty member after seeing how he treated a waitress at a restaurant. so with them being a new school and all, they dont want to take any chances. having seen the letter and some of the things written on it regarding them informing the authorities, theres much more to this...

so lets see what happens come monday. if it is a hoax, someone needs to call up the fbi or something

informing authorities?

touche :laugh:

I don't disagree, but how SDN identify the individual? And you mean if this is a hoax, right?

Either or. Taking online feuds into real life is lame as hell.

then maybe i dont know enuf about the letter..i thought it was just regarding his nonacceptance to acom due to his posts.

That's cool. Did not know.

It's starting to look more legit. The IP is an ACOM IP.

Also, it's really not that important of a decision from the school's POV for several reasons.
1. It's still pretty early in the cycle.
2. It's very early in the cycle for students to be committing to schools.
3. This person has not yet paid their deposit and presumably has not communicated to ACOM that they have turned down all other interview offers.
4. Like all other med schools, ACOM can replace 99% of the people it accepts. The 1% being superstar applicants.

However, I do agree that the timing of it does make it seem fake.

Edit: I'm not douching on this person, I'm just pointing out that this decision probably isn't that big of a deal to the school. The reasons why they made the decision are big, obviously, but the decision itself (rescinding a single offer in November) isn't hurting them at all.

Proof?

They said the IP came from Washington, the rest of the ACOM emails' IP's came from Dothan.

Proof?

They said the IP came from Washington, the rest of the ACOM emails' IP's came from Dothan.

No actual proof I guess. The person who found out the IP is from Washington is the same person now claiming that the IP is legit. Apparently ACOM uses a "central emailing system" thereby produces different IPs. I guess emails from ACOM have been received from this same IP in the past.

This person is also one of the supporters of the SDNer in question so I doubt they would make up the fact that they verified the IP's legitimacy.

No actual proof I guess. The person who found out the IP is from Washington is the same person now claiming that the IP is legit. Apparently ACOM uses a "central emailing system" thereby produces different IPs. I guess emails from ACOM have been received from this same IP in the past.

This person is also one of the supporters of the SDNer in question so I doubt they would make up the fact that they verified the IP's legitimacy.

Probably an Outlook-based mail service. My undergrad uses the same.

Feel out of the loop here. Don't know exactly what happened, but thinking I may have figured it out based on these posts in this thread. if what really happened is what I'm thinking happened, all I can say is wow. that's horrifying.

can you divulge the other things?

Well I've seen the letter, but I don't think it's my place to share any details. Sorry, I didn't mean to be a tease or anything like that :(

Wow. Just wow. I can't believe you just used a homophobic slur. And you want to be a physician?

Neither butthurt nor nancy are homophobic in origin or use. Your manufactured offense is cute. Try harder.

and im not trying to profit off of anyones misery..i actually started a thread yest on how to prevent this from happeneing to others and med malp suits.

can you divulge the other things?

sorry it wouldnt be appropriate. hope we can put an end to this on monday.

the way people act online is often a glimpse in to how they conduct themselves in person. while its a good idea to remain anonymous online, its never okay to write stupid stuff. especially if you have so much at stake.

i read the first and last page of yest thread..

i thought you were referring to my comment about him being a bad doc since it was quoted.

How did they match him to his SDN account?

How did they match him to his SDN account?

His first and last name was almost identical to his sdn nick, his mdapps had all his information, and he created some specific facebook groups. So it was more of a "how would they NOT match him to his SDN account" type thing. Last night just about everyone came to the conclusion that he was being trolled. But now to hear that there's a high likelihood of this being real is pretty sad tbh. All that hard work down the drain over some senseless comments :(

Last edited:
It's not the end of the world for the OOP. If I were him/her I would:

1) Scrub all internet existence and vow to be more discreet and careful. Focus on recreating a more professional image.
2) Tell my family exactly what happened.
3) Take the next year or two to get a M.S.
4) Reapply and matriculate 2 yrs later than planned.

Time passes quickly and s/he's very young.

the-big-lebowski-reunion-animated-gifs-6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.