jsta2304

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! So i just now completed my junior year at UT Austin. Did not go as well as expected. I tranferred over from a community college with a 3.7 GPA and my associates degree in science. I am now a psych major. First semester pre reqs at UT: ochem1 B-, Bio 1 B-. Second semester pre reqs: Ochem 2 B+, Bio 2 C+. I have one two more semester before appying next cycle but my UT GPA is a 2.6. How bad does this affect my chances of getting into dental school??? I will take the dat in decemebr and apply in may. HELP!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! So i just now completed my junior year at UT Austin. Did not go as well as expected. I tranferred over from a community college with a 3.7 GPA and my associates degree in science. I am now a psych major. First semester pre reqs at UT: ochem1 B-, Bio 1 B-. Second semester pre reqs: Ochem 2 B+, Bio 2 C+. I have one two more semester before appying next cycle but my UT GPA is a 2.6. How bad does this affect my chances of getting into dental school??? I will take the dat in decemebr and apply in may. HELP!!!!!!!
You posted this in wrong place.
I think it affects your chance negatively because you didn't perform as well as you did in CC and the dental admission probly think you would not able to handle the dental curriculum unless you get straight As? for the remaining semester. They wanted to see the improvement.