Potential DO Caribbean Schools(serious)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EagerYoungPremed

Reaction score
Is there a possibility of one of these schools being created? I've heard horror stories of Caribbean MD schools and thought that the people attending those schools would be benefited by a Caribbean DO. If a student even in the US were to be kicked out med school, they could apply to this school. Not all students can be accepted to Caribbean MD and thought an establishment would benefit the medical community as a whole.What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Huh? Who would attend a Caribbean DO school? Isn't the entire motivation of students who take the ill-advised risk of attending a Carib MD school that they are too afraid of earning a US DO degree instead of MD?

Reactions: 11 users
This is such a blatant and lazy attempt at stirring the pot. "eager young premed" lol

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@culturekweenXx
I'm young(16) and eager to become a doctor. Nothing wrong with that. I just thought this would be a great idea for struggling premeds out there.

@culturekweenXx
I'm young(16) and eager to become a doctor. Nothing wrong with that. I just thought this would be a great idea for struggling premeds out there.
Maybe you are being genuine, but I doubt it.

Regardless, anyone who's heard horror stories about Caribbean medical schools should know that the issue with them isn't that they're too hard for people rejected by US schools to get into. Quite the opposite.

Reactions: 1 user
Is there a possibility of one of these schools being created? I've heard horror stories of Caribbean MD schools and thought that the people attending those schools would be benefited by a Caribbean DO. If a student even in the US were to be kicked out med school, they could apply to this school. Not all students can be accepted to Caribbean MD and thought an establishment would benefit the medical community as a whole.What do you guys think?
0/10 troll meter.

u way young to be stressing like this

DO schools are good about rewarding reinvention to those who deserve it, there is no reason someone should apply to such a theoretical school.

Even from a business-perspective, (generally speaking) their main draw would likely be students with incredibly weak academics that wanted to genuinely learn OMM but didn't have the stats for a US DO school. My guess is that the market would be too niche to draw the attention of anyone with the $$$ to start such a project.

Reactions: 1 user
But why? It's already super easy to get into Carib, and DO is already hard enough to match with (compared to USMD), what benefit would a Carib DO offer at all?