Need serious advise (current applicant)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stormking

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i recently got reject from UNECOM based on missing 3 credits of behavioral science class. I politely e-mailed the admin about this and got a reply in saying that they follow the aacom guidelines. In order for my application to be considered, i will need to have that class listed as taken, plan to take, or in-progress of completing that additional 3 credit course. Do you guys think i can just list one course as "plan to take" in next year spring just to have my app move forward and see if i get accepted in UNE?
Here is my question though, If i get accepted and decide to go to UNE, i understand that i will have to go through taking that class. However, what if i listed the course and decided not to go to UNE and therefore not to take that class? Will that affect my other applications??
I am very confused here. Please help....

Members don't see this ad.

So i recently got reject from UNECOM based on missing 3 credits of behavioral science class. I politely e-mailed the admin about this and got a reply in saying that they follow the aacom guidelines. In order for my application to be considered, i will need to have that class listed as taken, plan to take, or in-progress of completing that additional 3 credit course. Do you guys think i can just list one course as "plan to take" in next year spring just to have my app move forward and see if i get accepted in UNE?
Here is my question though, If i get accepted and decide to go to UNE, i understand that i will have to go through taking that class. However, what if i listed the course and decided not to go to UNE and therefore not to take that class? Will that affect my other applications??
It will only affect your app at places that want that class. No one will care if you drop that class if they don’t require it.

It will only affect your app at places that want that class. No one will care if you drop that class if they don’t require it.
Would you suggest that i put a course just to satisfy the UNE requirement?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah if you think you can take it next spring semester. But I would maybe consider interviewing elsewhere even if you do get accepted to UNE until you start classes in that course. Don’t want to reject interviews bc you have a conditional UNE acceptance only to find out in December that they decided not to offer the class for whatever reason, ya know? But some people do this with the big pre reqs like ochem and it’s still fine and they get interviews.

Yeah if you think you can take it next spring semester. But I would maybe consider interviewing elsewhere even if you do get accepted to UNE until you start classes in that course. Don’t want to reject interviews bc you have a conditional UNE acceptance only to find out in December that they decided not to offer the class for whatever reason, ya know? But some people do this with the big pre reqs like ochem and it’s still fine and they get interviews.
I was using online chat with AACOM. The person said thst if I put a planned course in the application, it will stay in it forever. I'm just worried that what if I put it in my app but never follow through. Wouldn't that just hurt my app for other schools? And I will not only interview one school and give up the others. I need more options...

If it’s not a required course at other schools, it won’t matter. If you’re worried about one of the other schools you applied to that don’t require this course rescinding your acceptance because you dropped a course, that won’t happen.

I understand the anxiety with applying, believe me. But these schools evaluate, mcat, gpa, ECs, research (if you have it), and REQUIRED courses. If you’re applying in July, your app will be reviewed way before anyone sees that you dropped the course. Now if this was a required course, then yeah you’re acceptance would be conditional upon successful completion of the course. But they’d tell you that.

Reactions: 1 user
If it’s not a required course at other schools, it won’t matter. If you’re worried about one of the other schools you applied to that don’t require this course rescinding your acceptance because you dropped a course, that won’t happen.

I understand the anxiety with applying, believe me. But these schools evaluate, mcat, gpa, ECs, research (if you have it), and REQUIRED courses. If you’re applying in July, your app will be reviewed way before anyone sees that you dropped the course. Now if this was a required course, then yeah you’re acceptance would be conditional upon successful completion of the course. But they’d tell you that.
One more question. Do you think online course is considered as okay to satisfy the requirements or its school specific?

One more question. Do you think online course is considered as okay to satisfy the requirements or its school specific?
It is school specific. I’m a fourth year now so maybe I’m a little dated on this, but I don’t recall any big pushback at any DO schools and I had quite a few online courses and applied pretty broadly. I could really only see them being picky about that stuff for the prereqs. And that’s in a normal year. In the post covid-ocalypse I think everyone will have to be more flexible on stuff like this.

It will NOT affect your other apps.