Possibly taking my degree and running

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting , I may take the bench test in Quebec for a change...

Are the NDBE 1 and 2 accepted in Canada?

About "stepping foot on this land", you know what?

I am not less American than any other US citizen on this board.

Naturalized or not, I am still American and I'll fight for my rights , even in court , "the American way" , if it has to get to that point

What are you smoking dude?:laugh:

Do they really pay that little money to you in California?

You are arguing with people you don't even know what good do you get from it?
I'd say go get to work and stop crying.

I can already see how pissed you will be:idea:
This thread should be closed long time ago anyway!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

I don's smoke

If you weren't so limited in your judgment , you'd figure out that other reasons could be involved, not financial motives

You bet I have WAY more money than you , pal

do you mean "should HAVE been closed", maybe?

your English could use some improvement

i believe you meant you're
:laugh:

Actually, he did mean "your". You're is short for "you are", which would not make sense. But in general his English hasn't been that great throughout previous posts. However, this has gone on too long already....attack...defend...attack...defend. We get the point, let's spend our time doing something else.

You are running out of arguments.
I learned more in 5 years since comming to U.S. then you ever will in your entire life:laugh:.

This should've been closed when cadds started comparing his/her situation to slavery and the civil rights movement.
...And then, he/she comes back with "...you bet I have WAY more money than you, pal" and we're back to primetime entertainment...Go take all of that "WAY more money", buy yourself a webisite, and continue your civil rights movement there. I'll help you out with a name www.I'm-just-like-black-people-but-...e-same-as-what-black-people-went-through?.com

Members don't see this ad :)
this should've been closed when cadds started comparing his/her situation to slavery and the civil rights movement.
...and then, he/she comes back with "...you bet i have way more money than you, pal" and we're back to primetime entertainment...go take all of that "way more money", buy yourself a webisite, and continue your civil rights movement there. I'll help you out with a name www.i'm-just-like-black-people-but-i-have-way-more-money-and-you-couldn't-afford-my-zip-code-but-i-hate-my-zip-code-so-i-want-a-different-one-but-i-can't-have-it-so-i'm-crying-about-it-and-did-i-mention-this-is-the-same-as-what-black-people-went-through?.com

lol

You are running out of arguments.
I learned more in 5 years since comming to U.S. then you ever will in your entire life:laugh:.

Still illiterate after 5 year of "intense" education...\\

Is "than" not "then"

The education you have received back home must have been really poor since you imagine that you've learned in 5 years more than a dentist licensed in a few countries , with 15 years of practice in EU and US

You are delusional

Why do I have a feeling that you'll be inarticulate, with a thick , difficult to understand accent ,for the rest of your life ?...

Is "than" not "then"

The education you have received back home must have been really poor since you imagine that you've learned in 5 years more than a dentist licensed in a few countries , with 15 years of practice in EU and US

You are delusional

Why do I have a feeling that you'll be inarticulate, with a thick , difficult to understand accent ,for the rest of your life ?...

just take your bitching to your local politician. i think he would care a little more

Is "than" not "then"

You are delusional

:laugh::laugh: Get a life dude, get a life. Could care less about my speling when talking to you:laugh:

Last edited:
:laugh::laugh: Get a life dude, get a life. Could care less about my speling when talking to you:laugh:

There is a difference between misspelling a complicated , long word and not knowing the difference between "than" and "then", it clearly shows your level of "education" and comprehension of English language

I have a life, a pretty good one , but I always try to make it even better.

I feel sorry for whoever is going to be your patient , if you ever make it through school.

just take your bitching to your local politician. i think he would care a little more

Is not me the one who is bitching , I am just discussing an issue here

Do you know who's bitching?

The dentists screaming like little girls that EU trained dentists are coming to get their jobs , while they have a school loan to pay .

This is the conclusion I get from the discussion on this board, very few people deny the fact that EU schools are good too, their main argument is that the market is going to be saturated.

How is it going to be saturated , since if you type dentist shortage on google you get thousands of pages?

But I doubt that you could tell the difference between a noun and a verb,

innulja

Hi everyone! First of all let me say thanks to all of you for the useful info on almost every topic of DAT.
I took my DAT on Sunday and here are my scores.

PAT: 20
QR: 17
RC: 16 :)mad:)
BIO: 21
GC: 20
OC: 20
I was planing on going to Stony Brook since I live in LI, however I'm not sure these scores will get me in. The rest of my application is good. My science GPA is 3.91 and overall 3.97. I am also in honors program. Shadowed a dentist, volunteered at the hospital, some work for charity. Applied early.

If you guys can comment and tell me what you think it would be really helpful. Maybe I should retake....That Reading comprehension just through me off my track.
Thanks to everyone who will take their time on making their suggestions.
Last edited by Innulja; 07-13-2009 at 07:26 PM.

....That Reading comprehension just through me off my track.

your own words , pal, you are the one who should get a life

Just what I was saying, you have a big problem when it comes to language skills, so spare me that crap about learning in your 5 years of education more than I learned in my entire life
http://206.82.221.137/showthread.php?p=8403998

Moderators, please start moderating. Let's close the thread and perhaps consider banning cadds. I personally don't see how a dentist coming on here making these types of posts is in anyway helpful to other SDN members, not to mention to the reputation of SDN or the dental profession. I could see this coming from a high school student, but a DENTIST, c'mon.

http://online-learning.saysuncle.co...amforforeigntrainedbutuscertifieddentist.html

my husband went to dental school in Skier where he worked as a Dentist for 12 years, then took the California board exams, passed Those a couple years ago and has been working in L.A. since. He has a California dental license. He would like to take the Canadian dental Exam so we can move to Canada (my home) but in all my research I cannot Find a loophole for him to take the exam and forego the 2 years of School required for foreign dentists. If he has an American dental License does he really need to do 2 years of school or is there a way Out of this?? School is not an option for us. Someone once said on here That Ontario will let you take just the exam, any truth to this?

Moderators, please start moderating. Let's close the thread and perhaps consider banning cadds. I personally don't see how a dentist coming on here making these types of posts is in anyway helpful to other SDN members, not to mention to the reputation of SDN or the dental profession. I could see this coming from a high school student, but a DENTIST, c'mon.

The pre-med guy attacked me and I replied.

You attacked me too.

Why you make a big deal out of this ?

Because you don't like to hear the truth?

The licensure of qualified US citizens trained in EU is a serious problem and it needs to be debated, dentists in my situation deserve to be heard

I did NOT use foul language ,like other guys on this post did.

censorship belongs to communist countries like Cuba or N Korea

My posts are helpful, since I am not the only one with this type of problem

If it doesn't help YOU in anyway , just get over it.

It does help other people.

But I doubt that you could tell the difference between a noun and a verb,

innulja

You misspell all the time, you started a topic named "Need your advise!!! "

Is advice , FYI

“Advice” is the noun, “advise” the verb.

go back to school , you need the 2 year English school for internationally trained %#%$#@$% who can't spell

Hi everyone! First of all let me say thanks to all of you for the useful info on almost every topic of DAT.
I took my DAT on Sunday and here are my scores.

PAT: 20
QR: 17
RC: 16 :)mad:)
BIO: 21
GC: 20
OC: 20
I was planing on going to Stony Brook since I live in LI, however I'm not sure these scores will get me in. The rest of my application is good. My science GPA is 3.91 and overall 3.97. I am also in honors program. Shadowed a dentist, volunteered at the hospital, some work for charity. Applied early.

If you guys can comment and tell me what you think it would be really helpful. Maybe I should retake....That Reading comprehension just through me off my track.
Thanks to everyone who will take their time on making their suggestions.
Last edited by Innulja; 07-13-2009 at 07:26 PM.

....That Reading comprehension just through me off my track.

your own words , pal, you are the one who should get a life

Just what I was saying, you have a big problem when it comes to language skills, so spare me that crap about learning in your 5 years of education more than I learned in my entire life

There is a difference between misspelling a complicated , long word and not knowing the difference between "than" and "then", it clearly shows your level of "education" and comprehension of English language

I have a life, a pretty good one , but I always try to make it even better.

I feel sorry for whoever is going to be your patient , if you ever make it through school.

Is "than" not "then"

You are delusional

I don's smoke

If you weren't so limited in your judgment , you'd figure out that other reasons could be involved, not financial motives

You bet I have WAY more money than you , pal

censorship belongs to communist countries like Cuba or N Korea

My posts are helpful, since I am not the only one with this type of problem

If it doesn't help YOU in anyway , just get over it.

It does help other people.

You attacked me too.

Why you make a big deal out of this ?

Because you don't like to hear the truth?

The licensure of qualified US citizens trained in EU is a serious problem and it needs to be debated, dentists in my situation deserve to be heard

I did NOT use foul language ,like other guys on this post did.

Yes, it's obvious you are just helping here, and these are statements made by a very professional person that is merely trying to discuss "the licensure of qualified US citizens trained in EU..." And this is just the 4th page of this thread. Pages 1-3 contain your most compelling arguments: You're suffering the same discrimination as African-Americans, and certain people can't afford your zip code. It's a shame I couldn't include those words verbatim, too. You might have won some people over.

You're absolutely right; this could have been a topic of interest to people. Then again, do you really think your ad hominem remarks get your point across?

cadds: "Hey, I don't think it's fair that I'm a US citizen, and just because my dental degree is from the EU, I can only practice in CA."

responder X: "Dude, that's the way it is. Go back to school if you want it bad enough."

cadds: "Hey, shut up. I make way more money than you."

Good one, Farva.

Yes, it's obvious you are just helping here, and these are statements made by a very professional person that is merely trying to discuss "the licensure of qualified US citizens trained in EU..." And this is just the 4th page of this thread. Pages 1-3 contain your most compelling arguments: You're suffering the same discrimination as African-Americans, and certain people can't afford your zip code. It's a shame I couldn't include those words verbatim, too. You might have won some people over.

You're absolutely right; this could have been a topic of interest to people. Then again, do you really think your ad hominem remarks get your point across?

cadds: "Hey, I don't think it's fair that I'm a US citizen, and just because my dental degree is from the EU, I can only practice in CA."

responder X: "Dude, that's the way it is. Go back to school if you want it bad enough."

cadds: "Hey, shut up. I make way more money than you."

Good one, Farva.

You are intentionally ignoring the MOST IMPORTANT question:

EU trained DDS with US residency can only practice in 3-4 states , while MD in the same situation can practice ANYWHERE in the US

The issue I am raising here is not necessarily the fact that I am licensed in CA and cannot move to TN,

What I've been trying to say is that a periodontist licensed in CA is only allowed to practice in welfare clinics in Tennessee and , just to illustrate how unjust and biased the system is , such a periodontist licensed in CA or TX could not be licensed as a hygienist in other state.Do you get it?
But of course, you'll not address this question.
The "shortage"argument somewhat brought on this forum is invalid, since there is shortage of both dentists and medical doctors in the US/Canada
I said I made money since some guys on this forum were suggesting I was poor.
Whether I make money or I live in a prime ZIP code is indeed irrelevant to the issue of licensure

You are also ignoring the question whether licensure should be based on the qualification or on the amount of money one spent in dental school.

You did not bring any proof regarding the "inferiority" of EU schools

PS: to those hygienists in Florida stating how unqualified foreign dentists are for doing hygiene, does that apply to foreign DDS with perio residency also?

Just wondering...

You are the biggest loser/****** I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. Do you seriously not understand why EU license is not accepted in th states?? It's about protecting the jobs of American dentists and to a lesser degree protecting patients by making sure all dentists are at a certain level. This is not new and most countries do it to protect the local dentists. The US needs to do it more than any other country because dentists make the most money here. This also goes on at the state level. If somebody is licensed in Texas he cannot get licensed in FL except by taking the FL exam. This is done to protect FL dentists jobs. Whether you agree or not is irrelevant.

Look at the situation in California. They made it easy for everybody to get licensed (including idiots like you) and now dentists can barely find jobs. I am very thankful for tough licensing laws. They serve to protect all the students that are graduating with hundreds of thousands in debt to be able to make a comfortable living and not have to compete with foriegners who went to dental school for free. If you don't like it get lost. Consider yourself lucky to even have a CA license. And stop spamming everywhere

Last edited:
PS: to those hygienists in Florida stating how unqualified foreign dentists are for doing hygiene, does that apply to foreign DDS with perio residency also?

Just wondering...

Florida allows 2-year post-doc education to seek licensure in Florida. The idea is that 2 years allows one to remediate to the level of a graduating dental school senior. I was a dental student in Florida and saw some great international dentists, and I also saw some deplorable ones. The laws are there for a reason: to protect the public.

Since when did things change in the USA when immigrants like my grandparents came to this country to seek a better life accepted any job, worked hard and enjoyed it because they knew it was better than where they came from. Since when did things change and the same immigrants now whine on internet forums instead of doing what we ask of them to become apart of our "profession."

According to James Adams who coined the term "American Dream" - "The American Dream is that dream of a land in which life should be better and richer and fuller for every man, with opportunity for each according to ability or achievement" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Dream). There is nothing in his statement that we need to license whomever's profession or recognize someone's credentials in another country just to save them 2 years of more school.

We're not saying you cannot pursure you own version of the "American Dream" of being a dentist in the US. We're just saying that the way dentistry in our country is set up, you need to do 2 years of post-doc education or 2-4 years of DDS-international school to become licensed. Once you do these requirements, we'd be more than happy for you to join the profession.

Remember, we all were immigrants at one point. I know my family history and I am proud of where we came from. We are not saying you cannot do what you love or better yourself in our country, but remember, you left your home to come to ours and all we ask is that you respect our laws & rules or you are more than encouraged to go back where you are recognized as a dentist.

You are the biggest loser/****** I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. Do you seriously not understand why EU license is not accepted in th states?? It's about protecting the jobs of American dentists and to a lesser degree protecting patients by making sure all dentists are at a certain level. This is not new and most countries do it to protect the local dentists. The US needs to do it more than any other country because dentists make the most money here. This also goes on at the state level. If somebody is licensed in Texas he cannot get licensed in FL except by taking the FL exam. This is done to protect FL dentists jobs. Whether you agree or not is irrelevant.

Look at the situation in California. They made it easy for everybody to get licensed (including idiots like you) and now dentists can barely find jobs. I am very thankful for tough licensing laws. They serve to protect all the students that are graduating with hundreds of thousands in debt to be able to make a comfortable living and not have to compete with foriegners who went to dental school for free. If you don't like it get lost. Consider yourself lucky to even have a CA license. And stop spamming everywhere

See cadds? Here is an example of a dentist that can actually put together a well-composed, valid argument. I'd say calling you an idiot wasn't necessary, but c'mon, you have to admit, you sort of asked for it.

:beat:

Please close thread...please.....can't...take....it...much .....long....errrr........

that was refreshing :)

We're not saying you cannot pursure you own version of the "American Dream" of being a dentist in the US. We're just saying that the way dentistry in our country is set up, you need to do 2 years of post-doc education or 2-4 years of DDS-international school to become licensed. Once you do these requirements, we'd be more than happy for you to join the profession.

2 years of post -doc education only help in a handful of states.

Please be so kind and tell me why an Orthodontist licensed in TX could not practice in TN?

How going to dental school for 2 years will make him a better orthodontist, since he completed an US ortho residency?

Please answer my question and be straight to the point.

This is what I am trying to say: why not give the path to licensure through post-doc education to people in my situation , like TX, LA, VA and few other states do?

I appreciate your answer ; on the other hand , NONE of the dental boards states on their web page that their mission is to protect dentists against competition( but most people on this board agree that this is what they do)
The dental boards claim that their mission is to protect consumers.
This is called hypocrisy
Another great example of protectionism and greed : Alaska.
The shortage of dentists is so high , that they use dental therapists now.
Of course, the dental board of Alaska sued and lost.
A dental therapist can perform basic procedures in Alaska, but if I want to , I am not allowed to do so , even though I am DDS in CA
I am obviously more qualified than a dental therapist.
My examples could go on and on.

To the people complaining about how hard is to find a job in CA, too bad for you( I never had a problem getting one , maybe because I am more skilled than you?..).

If is saturated, just move to another state

And to that Omar guy who called me an idiot ,CA did not just let anyone get licensed here.

They let in about 5 % off all foreign graduated schools who tried , since the bench test was very tough.

CA is saturated because of the good weather , not because of the foreign dental school graduates.

You don't get it , do you?

Are you having reading comprehension problems , like the other guy?

I said that a 2 year post grad should be accepted as the equivalent of the 2 year international program.

After all , 2 year post grad is superior to a 2 year dental school program

A TX licensed orthodontist CANNOT get licensed in FL by taking the FL exam

The orthodontist in my example went to an ADA US ortho program, so he is at American level.

If he wants to move to TN , he is only allowed to work in welfare clinics.

If he wants to practice orthodontics in FL , he has to go to dental school again, in spite of the US residency
he has completed.

Because, whether you like it or not, some foreign grads get into US residency programs.

They are not that many , so they would not saturate the US job market if they were allowed to practice anywhere after the 2 years post grad

Still ,most dental boards don't care

At least you agree that is about protecting jobs of US dentists

About calling me an idiot, that says something about you...

Your name sounds middle eastern , I am not sure whether you are US born or not ,neither I care.

If all Americans were hatred against foreigners as much as you are hatred against EU dentits, you a## would not be on US soil today, you'd be pulling teeth in a 3rd world country

Please close thread...please.....can't...take....it...much .....long....errrr........

why close it when it is more interesting than ever ?

If you cannot take it, do not keep coming back to read it

Let's have a look at what omar says:

that makes sense.. my situation is that i may want to go outside of florida, but i am not willing to take any other licensing exam (the FL boards will do that to you :)). so i'm just going to wait out for the 5 yr licensing by credentials and then i can pretty much go anywhere. i love how other states accept us after 5 yrs yet FL will not accept anybody unless they take our boards :)

omar

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=9533767

So he would expect a CA/TX/LA etc licensed DDS with ADA residency to go to dental school again in order to move to FL, but he would not even take NERB to move out of Florida and he loves the licensure by credentials.

Do I sense some hypocrisy here?

Does Omar seem to be a coward?

On a different note , I am shocked to hear that other states have licensure by credentials with Florida, accepting Florida dentists, while FL still requires dentists from other states to take FL exam.

I doubt.

I think Omar is wrong and soon he will start crying about having to take a regional board exam in order to move.

Omaralt, your pathetic job is in danger.

Soon dentists from other states may NOT be required to take Florida exam

ACCESS TO DENTAL CARE
The proposed legislation enhances recruitment of dentists to work in public health settings by creating a licensure by credentials process for dentists from other states to practice in Florida’s public health settings. Permits these dentists to become eligible for full dental license after a period of two years of service. Florida is one of only three states that does not offer “reciprocity.”
Maximizes the services hygienists may provide in public health settings, including sealants. Hygienists are underutilized and can provide critical care to the underserved.
Requires that two of the seven Board of Dentistry member dentists have public health experience. This codifies intent to ensure the Board considers unique aspects of the public health setting in future decision-making.
Permits Medicaid to pay doctors and nurses to provide fluoride varnish services for children birth to age three during Well Child visits.
Expands community dental services in rural areas for persons with disabilities: $600,000 is recommended to utilize existing dental services that are provided through local institutional facilities.
Increases Medicaid reimbursement to dentists by 20 percent for a total of $21.9 million.
Currently, 52 percent of Florida counties have only one Medicaid dentist, and 25 percent of Florida counties have no Medicaid dentists.

http://www.flgov.com/release/9859

that makes sense.. my situation is that i may want to go outside of florida, but i am not willing to take any other licensing exam (the FL boards will do that to you :)). so i'm just going to wait out for the 5 yr licensing by credentials and then i can pretty much go anywhere. i love how other states accept us after 5 yrs yet FL will not accept anybody unless they take our boards :)

omar

See cadds? Here is an example of a dentist that can actually put together a well-composed, valid argument. I'd say calling you an idiot wasn't necessary, but c'mon, you have to admit, you sort of asked for it.

Valid?

Did you see his other posts?

Did you see him smiling at how you'd be required to take the Florida exam , but he would NOT be required to take anything after 5 years in Florida.

Omarwhateverhisname is sounds like a coward hypocrite to me

Do you see him , all of you US dentists from other states, how he laughs at you about having to take the Florida board ?

omar

Well, Don't need to close. Just let it die itself by NOT responding.
Please be patient and do not reply.......
This guy is not listening anyway.:sleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.