Podiatry Success Stories

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
I’m creating this thread to put success stories of those podiatrists who represent the profession well and how they’re making a difference.

I’ll start with this one I saw today on Google alerts.

“How the Iraq war led this man to become a podiatrist and open his own clinic in Idaho Falls”

Members don't see this ad.

• Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
Are you kidding me?

Why don't you link the pre-pods to the attending forum so they can see what kind of salary 7 years of training and 300k debt will get them?

Good riddance.

• Okay...
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Are you kidding me?

Why don't you link the pre-pods to the attending forum so they can see what kind of salary 7 years of training and 300k debt will get them?

Good riddance.

There is no reason to derail a thread. If a Pre-pod has questions about the profession (good or bad) they can search and visit the other podiatry forums and ask there directly. Please refrain from derailing any future threads.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m creating this thread to put success stories of those podiatrists who represent the profession well and how they’re making a difference.

I’ll start with this one I saw today on Google alerts.

“How the Iraq war led this man to become a podiatrist and open his own clinic in Idaho Falls”

Great story!

One of the students in my class was an orthopedic surgeon in Egypt (traumatologist I believe). Left it all to become a US podiatrist. I never fully understood his reasoning (other than bringing his family over)... but I do know he matched into an awesome program is probably doing great somewhere.

Reactions: 2 users
Are you kidding me?

Good riddance.
Please keep it polite.

Prepods should be smart enough to know what they are getting into.

The ones worth working with will be reading both prepod, student, and resident/attending threads.

Reactions: 5 users

Attachments

• IMG_6977.jpeg
    IMG_6977.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: 3 users
If I may, there are loads and loads of Podiatrists who make a huge difference in their communities and in residency programs and have never had an article written about them.

Success story?

Only the individual can really decide what "success" means to them. I am one of the most fortunate people in the world. I love what I do for living. Yes, I've dealt with terrible work environments, but despite all that, it never soured me to the practice of podiatry itself.

Love what you do. The rest will work itself out eventually.

Reactions: 1 user
Are you kidding me?

Good riddance.
seriously bro, going to the podiatry school (TUSPM) was literally the worst decision in my life. It is a TERRIBLE profession where you do more work and are paid less than other doctors.

• Dislike
Reactions: 7 users
DISCLAIMER: Please remember that past performance may not be indicative of future results.

1916 podiatry schools = 4
2004 podiatry schools = 7
2024 pod schools = 11

Reactions: 1 users