Podiatry Incomes (Latest)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think that "whiskers" is actually a postal worker who gets all his/her information by reading the podiatry journals he/she reads during lunch break prior to delivering them to all those successful podiatry offices with the fancy cars in the "parking for doctors only" spaces.

He/she is simply re-directing anger based on jealously.

Members don't see this ad.

I think that "whiskers" is actually a postal worker who gets all his/her information by reading the podiatry journals he/she reads during lunch break prior to delivering them to all those successful podiatry offices with the fancy cars in the "parking for doctors only" spaces.

He/she is simply re-directing anger based on jealously.

Some of podiatry's best patients are postal workers who walk countless miles and stand countless hours and here you are debasing their career and contributions to society.

Viewing them as virtual beasts of burden covetous of materialism of others is really sad. Some could say it's racist since once I said I was black! oh well. They are humans trying to feed their families in these hard times of uncertainty. They all work very hard and deserve more.

They work in ice, snow, heat, rain and everything else. They get bit by dogs, slip and fall on ice, and return home soaked and tired. There is nothing wrong with honest hard work in MY OPINION! I respect these people very much and am very glad they do it!

In fact, I always give gift certificates to my postal delivery woman at the holidays to show my appreciation, I don't berate her profession and demean her contributions that's for sure!

I am really shocked at your opinion of postal workers! I thought you were above the "I'm a doctor so I am better than you" attitude. Maybe I was wrong.

I can only imagine what you think of others with less education and unemployed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is there always such hate and anger any time someone posts something that reflects earnings less than what people WANT TO BELIEVE they will earn in this profession?

It is truely amazing.

I simply can't understand the rage!

Don't blame me, I didn't do the survey, blame Podiatry Management if anyone!

It's their survey!

better yet, maybe blame the podiatrists who answered the survey for lying!

LOL.

The truth is they didn't lie.

The facts remain despite the anger, name calling, denial and sniveling, none of which I can control despite my extraordinary talents in the realm of psychology and human behaviour.

BTW, Podiatry Management is an extraordinary magazine which does nothing but promotes the profession and aids podiatrists everywhere. It truely is one of the best publications in the profession./

Sorry if that hurts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why is there always such hate and anger any time someone posts something that reflects earnings less than what people WANT TO BELIEVE they will earn in this profession?

It is truely amazing.

I simply can't understand the rage!

Don't blame me, I didn't do the survey, blame Podiatry Management if anyone!

It's their survey!

better yet, maybe blame the podiatrists who answered the survey for lying!

LOL.

The truth is they didn't lie.

The facts remain despite the anger, name calling, denial and sniveling, none of which I can control despite my extraordinary talents in the realm of psychology and human behaviour.

It's not the punchline but the delivery that is killing everyone, but somehow I think you already knew that.

I read that article today. A few other interesting points: board certified were at about 125 or so. I think that was about a 20k difference from non-board certified. Also, women made 76 cents on the dollar compared to men. Finally, the percentage making over 300k increased from 7 to 12 percent of respondents. Oh yeah, pods that were strictly employees were at about 95k.

I read that article today. A few other interesting points: board certified were at about 125 or so. I think that was about a 20k difference from non-board certified. Also, women made 76 cents on the dollar compared to men. Finally, the percentage making over 300k increased from 7 to 12 percent of respondents. Oh yeah, pods that were strictly employees were at about 95k.

I have always wondered about the strength of the correlation between higher income and board certification. When you consider that it takes several years to become board certified by the ABPS, and it also takes several years to build a practice, is it possible that the higher average income is more related to the number of years in practice rather than the certification itself?

Thanks for posting a sane response not filled with childish emotions and name calling. You have risen above the norm here.

Kudos for actually reading the article and commenting on it!

I have always wondered about the strength of the correlation between higher income and board certification. When you consider that it takes several years to become board certified by the ABPS, and it also takes several years to build a practice, is it possible that the higher average income is more related to the number of years in practice rather than the certification itself?

Board certification in my opinion is an evil entity in the profession the way it is now.

I think it forces young providers to rush their patients into surgeries just to meet the requirements asap.

I would be hesitant to be treated by a younger Podiatrist if I had a foot problem for fear of being whisked away to some unecessary surgery just to get a notch on the belt for board certification.

It really is kind of creepy that the board would not take this into consideration but I think the MDs undestand this about podiatry and probably dont approve and that's part of the problem I bet...

In my opinion if the board really gave a crap about patient care, they'd promote more conservative care cases.... and success in not wisking the patient away to surgery.

Seriously.

Some of podiatry's best patients are postal workers who walk countless miles and stand countless hours and here you are debasing their career and contributions to society.

Viewing them as virtual beasts of burden covetous of materialism of others is really sad. Some could say it's racist since once I said I was black! oh well. They are humans trying to feed their families in these hard times of uncertainty. They all work very hard and deserve more.

They work in ice, snow, heat, rain and everything else. They get bit by dogs, slip and fall on ice, and return home soaked and tired. There is nothing wrong with honest hard work in MY OPINION! I respect these people very much and am very glad they do it!

In fact, I always give gift certificates to my postal delivery woman at the holidays to show my appreciation, I don't berate her profession and demean her contributions that's for sure!

I am really shocked at your opinion of postal workers! I thought you were above the "I'm a doctor so I am better than you" attitude. Maybe I was wrong.

I can only imagine what you think of others with less education and unemployed!

Sorry to disappoint you or destroy your hypothesis, but I never bashed postal workers or made fun of those "less educated". Those ideas were simply conjured up in your little head.

I simply stated that I believed you were a postal worker and that's how you obtained your information. As a postal worker, you had the ability to read the journals you delivered to the DPM's on your route.

There were never any insults directed toward postal workers in my post, so don't put words in my mouth or try to implicate me as being "racist". You can attempt to cross some lines, but don't dare cross that one.

We all know your contributions are useless, but don't dare put words in my mouth or twist my words to satisfy your crazed and dilusional way of looking at everything.

Quit while you're ahead, and know when not to cross certain lines.

for all you newbies, Whiskers only put the pre-psych as a joke a few months ago. While his status is unknown, I am pretty sure one can assume he is not pre-psych

He is or was a podiatry student. Years back he made a post whining about how the education at his podiatry school sucked (surprize surprize).

He is or was a podiatry student. Years back he made a post whining about how the education at his podiatry school sucked (surprize surprize).

Yes, I would sure think he was tied to the profession somehow.

I doubt he/she would put forth so much effort into this forum otherwise.

Even though most of whiskers posts are filled with the same negative / boring regularity.

Members don't see this ad :)
you guys can think what you want about whiskers opinions, but with in his original post there were facts ( "facts" from a survey). I went and read the article myself and learned some interesting things within both the article and the journal that I otherwise might not have seen.

If you hang out with widget lovers all day and talk about how awesome widgets are, you will never know about gadgets.

The salary issue is really divided. Some people are getting offers while some pods are complaining of the salaries.
Jonwill pointed out that his salary offer is 200K. But honestly whiskers brings out topics which are really interesting and very true in some cases. I take his posts and research them further.

Iam suprised reading some of the comments made here (all of their statuses were pre-pod or pre-med). I understand they are still new and excited and full of energy. But seriously! One genius wrote he will be haaaaaaapy with $75K:eek: and another genius explains us how he is not worried about residencies after seeing the quality of the podiatry school interviews:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: After reading some of the posts i realize you guys dont even have the slightest idea what you guys are entering into. Ofcourse you guys havent taken Practice Management class yet where we talk about all the costs associated with a practice and reserve money etc etc. Good luck with $75K!

I mean seriously folks! Either some people are really that naive or they know everything yet pretending these things dont exist and dont wanna acknowledge the facts. I mean not just salary there are other issues like the loan repayment defferment issues coming during residency or residency shortage issue or board certification controversies,etc etc

Last edited:
1)please check out forbes top paying jobs, you'll notice podiatry is in there, as it has been for decades. Not to mention, surgeons being the top of the list. :thumbup:

2)Someone please tell me if i'm breaking down this poll correctly: After completing boards part 2, you are now considered a doctor. Lets assume (years 0-3) while a resident you are making about 45k. then after residency (years 3-10), attendings are bringing the average up to 95k. This equates to the average pod making 117k from years 3-10, that's not so bad and at year 10 you are probably above the average. :thumbup:

BTW I shadowed a top earning podiatrist who was making near if not in the 7 figures yearly :laugh: sky is the limit my friends

BTW #2, my best friend's dad is a podiatrist making 200K a year working 3 days a week. :laugh:

BTW #3 cats suck, but sweet handle whiskers, you've gone far in the past 5 years :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

"cool",

From the perspective of an attending from a large practice, there are also considerations from the employer's end. There are looming cuts from Medicare of 21.6%. That's a HUGE number. And even if a practice decided to opt out of Medicare, IF that proposal for the cut is approved, it won't be long for other carriers to follow through with similar fee schedules.

Additionally, when hiring a new associate, in addition to the salary of X, the employer also must pay taxes, APMA dues, ACFAS dues, ABPS dues, malpractice payments, other miscelleaneous insurance payments, hospital dues, vacation pay, CME credits, etc., all before the new hire earns one penny.

And you have to hope that the new doc fits into your practice, works hard, is accepted by patients, is honest/ethical, provides quality care and can produce decent income.

It doesn't always work out that way. So it's not always the big, bad, mean employer. There are a lot of factors on BOTH ends. New grads have a lot of expenses, but unfortunately small and large practices also have a lot of expenses. So when hiring a new associate, it's often a balancing act and sometimes there must be a compromise on both sides.

"cool",

From the perspective of an attending from a large practice, there are also considerations from the employer's end. There are looming cuts from Medicare of 21.6%. That's a HUGE number. And even if a practice decided to opt out of Medicare, IF that proposal for the cut is approved, it won't be long for other carriers to follow through with similar fee schedules.

Additionally, when hiring a new associate, in addition to the salary of X, the employer also must pay taxes, APMA dues, ACFAS dues, ABPS dues, malpractice payments, other miscelleaneous insurance payments, hospital dues, vacation pay, CME credits, etc., all before the new hire earns one penny.

And you have to hope that the new doc fits into your practice, works hard, is accepted by patients, is honest/ethical, provides quality care and can produce decent income.

It doesn't always work out that way. So it's not always the big, bad, mean employer. There are a lot of factors on BOTH ends. New grads have a lot of expenses, but unfortunately small and large practices also have a lot of expenses. So when hiring a new associate, it's often a balancing act and sometimes there must be a compromise on both sides.

Sir iam in complete agreement with you. And thats why my expectations are realistic and practical. Once again iam not saying people are not getting 200K offers like Jonwill pointed out. I mean i will be thanking the almighty if i could get one contract like that.

But from my chicago area practice people i got figures around 80-130K for new salary contracts. And some said to me expect 90K if you want to work as an associate in a city practice because of the saturation,etc. And who ever i spoke they all said 100K should be a rough figure. There is no way iam making 200K or 250K right after graduation (unless i join a big ortho group or a very succesfull pod group). And iam not blaming the employer for low salaries. We all make choices and if we dont like something then we can always move on. Employer has his own expenses to think of.

What iam amazed is the response of people towards whiskers initial posting. As soon as he posted 90K , all these prepods were after his blood. I mean the guy is posting a genuine article.

Some people on this thread are very displeased looking at the notion that we can make below 100K.

And to my belief these are the same people who think PODIATRY = 100% SURGERY. well thats another topic to be discussed in another thread i guess:laugh::laugh::laugh: But iam bored now explaining 1st years and prepods that we dont exactly spend our 5 days a week in OR like the ortho surgeons. Im speaking for the general podiatric population. Iam sure there are some podiatrists who derieve their 100% income from surgery but as you mentioned in your earlier posts months ago that its not exactly the norm.

I think that will be anothe rude awakening because some prepods who i have come across seriously believe they will be doing TAL or Pilon fractures 365 days a year along with taking ER 4 days (just like some TV SHOWS). All i say is "lets speak in another 2-3yrs:D"

I don't think most are worked up over the article or the salary that the article quotes, it is more Whiskers intent in posting the article that comes into question. He just likes to start up controversies on SDN, it is like he is saying Podiatry is a horrible profession and us pre-pods should turn tail and run while we still have time. I for one read the article, it does make some good points, but I believe I can have a good future in Podiatry anyways. I realize the first few years out of residency ( and residency itself for that matter) will be tough, but after I put in the work and the time I believe I can make a good living for myself and my family. I'm not going to quote what I think I can make, because I honestly have no idea, but enough to have a good life and provide for my family. Maybe I am a naive pre-pod who has no idea, but if I truly felt I was digging a hole I cannot get out of after school, then I would choose to go to DO school or find a different career. All in all after shadowing many podiatrists I feel it will be a fulfilling career I will enjoy and I will make enough to enjoy life. I don't really care in the end what the surveys say.

Sir iam in complete agreement with you. And thats why my expectations are realistic and practical. Once again iam not saying people are not getting 200K offers like Jonwill pointed out. I mean i will be thanking the almighty if i could get one contract like that.

But from my chicago area practice people i got figures around 80-130K for new salary contracts. And some said to me expect 90K if you want to work as an associate in a city practice because of the saturation,etc. And who ever i spoke they all said 100K should be a rough figure. There is no way iam making 200K or 250K right after graduation (unless i join a big ortho group or a very succesfull pod group). And iam not blaming the employer for low salaries. We all make choices and if we dont like something then we can always move on. Employer has his own expenses to think of.

What iam amazed is the response of people towards whiskers initial posting. As soon as he posted 90K , all these prepods were after his blood. I mean the guy is posting a genuine article.

Some people on this thread are very displeased looking at the notion that we can make below 100K.

And to my belief these are the same people who think PODIATRY = 100% SURGERY. well thats another topic to be discussed in another thread i guess:laugh::laugh::laugh: But iam bored now explaining 1st years and prepods that we dont exactly spend our 5 days a week in OR like the ortho surgeons. Im speaking for the general podiatric population. Iam sure there are some podiatrists who derieve their 100% income from surgery but as you mentioned in your earlier posts months ago that its not exactly the norm.

I think that will be anothe rude awakening because some prepods who i have come across seriously believe they will be doing TAL or Pilon fractures 365 days a year along with taking ER 4 days (just like some TV SHOWS). All i say is "lets speak in another 2-3yrs:D"

You know why I don't care for what whiskers has to say? Because other than the first post of this thread he doesn't really contribute too much to the entire podiatry forum other then complete nonsense. Read most of his posts...they are mostly tirades about nothing. Kudos to him/her for posting something worth reading but you are giving "it" too much credit.

You make some very valid points. I agree that us pre-pods don't have a clue what's really going on. We only go on what we've experience through shadowing and what we read or hear.

I do think projected salaries are skewed based on where you want to practice (like you said above). It make sense that first year salaries would be on the low side if you are trying to join a practice in a highly saturated area. I live in a small suburban town in NJ and we have FOUR practicing podiatrists (from four completely different practices) in one town! http://us.loadedweb.com/cities/new-jersey/little-silver/directory/podiatrists/

NJ as a whole is really saturated with pods. I am rather certain that if I wanted to join a practice back near my home town I could probably expect a lower starting income then if I were to practice somewhere where there is less saturation/ competition.

My dad recently had some businessmen over for dinner and we got on the topic of podiatry since they knew I was accepted and starting next Fall. One guy goes on a tangent about a good friend of his who is a practicing podiatrist in Montana and he said he is THE MAN out there. There is basically no one else he has to compete with and he is doing great financially. Now of course this is an exception but if people are really out for the almighty $$$ then they might have to re-locate somewhere they might not want to be...would it be really worth it? I don't know I guess it depends on the person.

Lastly, I am def one of those pre-pods who wants to join a orthopaedic practice in future. Not because of the possible higher salary but because surgery is what really interests me. I understand that surgery is not all I am going to do either. Cutting toe nails, calluses and other palliative care modes of treatment all come with the territory of being a pod. Maybe some others are under the false understanding that surgery is all that they will be doing but I think as we finally enter school and progress through our education we will soon realize what podiatry is all about. So cut us pre-pods some slack here if we make a ridiculous claim...this is a learning process for everyone.

"cool",

As one of the members has already stated, it is not what whiskers stated, it is simply that whiskers has never posted one positive comment regarding the profession, while at the same time NEVER revealing whether he/she is even involved in the profession as a student, resident, fellow, attending, etc.

Anyone can post a link to an article or spew quotes from an article, but that in itself does not lend credibility to the poster. So let's not get carried away and start a cheering section for whiskers.

I have a thread which I believe has been up and posted for a long time regarding my comments on podiatry income. It's on the podiatric residency forum home screen and should be read. My comments regarding DPM income

Starting salaries are all over the place, but after a few years in practice do balance out. Geographic area does make a huge difference....supply and demand. As one member accurately pointed out, the situation in NJ is tough. I have several friends practicing in that state, and starting salaries GENERALLY in that area are not high. It is saturated with DPM's.

However, I just saw an add for a practice in Iowa offering a starting salary of $150,000 plus incentives and benefits.

But once again, after a few years of practice that USUALLY balances out.

I know a lot of orthopedic practices, and I know of no orthopedic surgeon who performs surgery 5 days a week, barring any emergencies. Every doctor needs time in the office to see new patients, follow up on patients and see post op patients.

This discussion has no real answer, you will get what you are offered and what you ultimately decide to take. Some will be offered lucrative contracts and some will not. But after a few years the majority will be making similar incomes.

Last edited:
As soon as he posted 90K , all these prepods were after his blood.

Wait... First off you made fun of me with name calling such as "genius" for accepting/agreeing a lower starting salary (after residency) of 75K as long as I enjoyed my job. Basically you made it sound like I should expect more than that, and that i was an idiot for agreeing with the article.

Now your saying everyone on here is after whiskers for fear/ignorance about the low starting salary. So should we expect less than 100K?

So what exactly is your point? Your contradicting yourself.

The cost of malpractice insurance for podiatry is less than it is for some of the MD malpractice insurances.
:)

Wait... First off you made fun of me with name calling such as "genius" for accepting/agreeing a lower starting salary (after residency) of 75K as long as I enjoyed my job. Basically you made it sound like I should expect more than that, and that i was an idiot for agreeing with the article.

Now your saying everyone on here is after whiskers for fear/ignorance about the low starting salary. So should we expect less than 100K?

So what exactly is your point? Your contradicting yourself.

ha ha yeah bro that really sounds contraindicatory. My appologies!

But I pointed towards your post because you are very comfortable and infact haaapy with that offer. Well that iam very sad about. You shoudnt be haapy about that. that salary is ridiculosly low and we deserve much better.

And then i said people are ignorant becuase they dont want to accept the reality. From that i mean we should be realistic about salary that is around 100k.

We should accept the reality but at the same time we should express displeasure and be saddended about it. And not try to be content and satisfied! atleats in that way we keep struggling for better success. Remember when you get satisfied then you stop pursuing your goals! and we cant let that happen. we are slowly but surely raising the salary bar. People like Jonwill are breaking the ice and getting 200K contracts. We should strive for it but at the same time be realistic.

ha ha yeah bro that really sounds contraindicatory. My appologies!

But I pointed towards your post because you are very comfortable and infact haaapy with that offer. Well that iam very sad about. You shoudnt be haapy about that. that salary is ridiculosly low and we deserve much better.

And then i said people are ignorant becuase they dont want to accept the reality. From that i mean we should be realistic about salary that is around 100k.

We should accept the reality but at the same time we should express displeasure and be saddended about it. And not try to be content and satisfied! atleats in that way we keep struggling for better success. Remember when you get satisfied then you stop pursuing your goals! and we cant let that happen. we are slowly but surely raising the salary bar. People like Jonwill are breaking the ice and getting 200K contracts. We should strive for it but at the same time be realistic.

That I can definitely agree with.

People like Jonwill are breaking the ice and getting 200K contracts. We should strive for it but at the same time be realistic.

True. We need to keep in mind this is *starting* salary. 150k-200k is ridiculously high fresh out of residency! If you happen to start off at a much lower amount there is no need to get discouraged, it takes time to get established and adjusted like in any other profession.

The cost of malpractice insurance for podiatry is less than it is for some of the MD malpractice insurances.
:)

I'm not sure what point you were attempting to make. The cost of podiatry malpractice is less than some medical specialties and considerably higher than other medical specialties. It is also dependent on the state. Remember, that most DPM's are now performing significant surgical procedures and it is now a "surgical" specialty which raises the malpractice premiums. I know that I pay significantly more than my neighbors who are internists, rheumatologists, pediatricians and family practitioners......all non surgical specialties.

Some states do have lower premiums for non-surgical podiatrists that limits their scope of practice to only superficial skin procedures.

Whiskers is here on an agenda. Most of his posts are negative, filled with false statements, and constantly slam his profession. Whether its salaries, ACFAS, ABPS,or residencies it's all bad.

He is either a podiatric failure and needs to blame everyone but himself, a competitor from another profession, or just an agitated unhappy person.

Whatever the reason my advice is to take what he says with a grain of salt. Everyone of our graduating residents in the last few years have had base salaries of 125-175,000 with bonus opportunites. Most are making overr 200,000 within a few years. I have a couple who placed in ortho practices making over 500,000/year!

I would count on a starting salary over 6 figures to start unless you plan to practice in a DPM crowded area. You should try to be smart when it comes to student loans and focus on the practice enviroment and potential.

I'm not sure what point you were attempting to make. The cost of podiatry malpractice is less than some medical specialties and considerably higher than other medical specialties. It is also dependent on the state. Remember, that most DPM's are now performing significant surgical procedures and it is now a "surgical" specialty which raises the malpractice premiums. I know that I pay significantly more than my neighbors who are internists, rheumatologists, pediatricians and family practitioners......all non surgical specialties.

Some states do have lower premiums for non-surgical podiatrists that limits their scope of practice to only superficial skin procedures.

I don't like getting involved with peoples little discussions, but podpal said that podiatry malpractice is less than SOME of the other medical specialties, then you went on to repeat the same thing. Is it a bragging right to have a higher malpractice rate than other medical specialties? You two have been going at it in multiple threads now.

I'm going to med school. I'm hoping to be an internalist at a hospital. Work about 8-9 hours a day. No weekends, no calls, no holidays and with a family. I know many docs who do it. They start at 160k a year and can go up to 200k+. Also i chose to go to a cheap med school and i plan to live even more cheap. The point i'm trying to make is, all is possible if you really want it. You just have to sacrifice a few things here and there :)

I'm going to med school. I'm hoping to be an internalist at a hospital. Work about 8-9 hours a day. No weekends, no calls, no holidays and with a family. I know many docs who do it. They start at 160k a year and can go up to 200k+. Also i chose to go to a cheap med school and i plan to live even more cheap. The point i'm trying to make is, all is possible if you really want it. You just have to sacrifice a few things here and there :)

I have a friend who is an Internist at a hospital. She definitely does not have a work schedule like the one you hope for. They typically do rotating shifts and take turns covering weekends, nights, and holidays (since her coworkers also want those days off). It's a highly variable schedule with 10 days on/10days off. She hates it. Where does one find such an ideal schedule like the one you described?

I don't like getting involved with peoples little discussions, but podpal said that podiatry malpractice is less than SOME of the other medical specialties, then you went on to repeat the same thing. Is it a bragging right to have a higher malpractice rate than other medical specialties? You two have been going at it in multiple threads now.

First, I simply didn't see the point of her comparison. It did not seem relevant. Secondly, I was simply attempting to explain that there are several factors involved with malpractice premiums such as geographic area, whether you perform surgery, etc.

There are many other factors involved with malpractice premiums such as your malpractice history, years in practice, whether you have an "occurrence" or "claims made" policy, the actual amount of coverage, whether you have a clause in the contract to settle or not, etc.

Therefore it's not as simple as stating that a particular profession has lower or higher premiums unless you know you are comparing apples with apples.

No, this isn't a pis-ing match. I simply didn't understand the actual point of the original post, but once it was posted wanted those that are inexperienced to understand that there are several factors involved, etc.

And no, there are certainly no bragging rights to having higher malpractice premiums, but you already knew that answer.

I also know some internists. To think that you'll get this perfect schedule may be unrealistic. If no hospitalist is working weekends, calls, or holidays, then who staffs the floors??

Long time reader, first time poster.

For all those pre-pods that want "advice" from sdn posters should be careful. I say this because I actually know some of these Podiatry students. Some of them claim to have "high gpa", but in reality they are not what they say on sdn. It's really funny once you start figuring out who these posters really are.

What posters are sucking it up at pod school and how high of a game are they talking on SDN?

Last edited:
My opinions are not welcome in Podiatry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Long time reader, first time poster.

For all those pre-pods that want "advice" from sdn posters should be careful. I say this because I actually know some of these Podiatry students. Some of them claim to have "high gpa", but in reality they are not what they say on sdn. It's really funny once you start figuring out who these posters really are.

such as?

Wow, whiskers account is on hold. I am not sure how that happened or why. I mean I know he's a troll and a creep but still.

I have a friend who is an Internist/hosptitalist for Kaiser Permanente and he loves his work schedule...7 on and 7 off that includes weekends and holidays.

First, I simply didn't see the point of her comparison. It did not seem relevant. Secondly, I was simply attempting to explain that there are several factors involved with malpractice premiums such as geographic area, whether you perform surgery, etc.

There are many other factors involved with malpractice premiums such as your malpractice history, years in practice, whether you have an "occurrence" or "claims made" policy, the actual amount of coverage, whether you have a clause in the contract to settle or not, etc.

Therefore it's not as simple as stating that a particular profession has lower or higher premiums unless you know you are comparing apples with apples.

No, this isn't a pis-ing match. I simply didn't understand the actual point of the original post, but once it was posted wanted those that are inexperienced to understand that there are several factors involved, etc.

And no, there are certainly no bragging rights to having higher malpractice premiums, but you already knew that answer.

My malpractice dropped tremendously when I moved to California. I have PICA, high coverage, do surgery, full time, etc. California has tort reform and capped non-economic damages. That's what tort reform would do for the country!

Wow, whiskers account is on hold. I am not sure how that happened or why. I mean I know he's a troll and a creep but still.

I'm actually surprised it took this long. If he posted his comments/threads in the premedical forums he would have been banned a long time ago.

My malpractice dropped tremendously when I moved to California. I have PICA, high coverage, do surgery, full time, etc. California has tort reform and capped non-economic damages. That's what tort reform would do for the country!

Surprise indeed.

Welcome to California Dr. Rogers!!! Their loss is our gain.