PNWU-COM (Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences) Discussion 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
good news for me, I got the :thumbup: today from some phone number with an area code I didn't recognize! :love: (it wasn't 206 or 425)

509 baby woohoooo!!! Congrats everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

BTW, I think it was Jyne who recommended El Porton...I was a big fan and almost went back for a second meal. Thanks for the recommendation.

Anyway decided for sure if this is their school?

BTW, I think it was Jyne who recommended El Porton...I was a big fan and almost went back for a second meal. Thanks for the recommendation.

Anyway decided for sure if this is their school?

I'm close, and when I have to make a decision, it's going to be difficult to chose anywhere else. I'm probably going milmed, so USUHS is quite tempting, and UWash is always a great school.

Of course, I could always get rejected from everywhere else and have that decision be made for me, which really wouldn't bother me THAT much right now! :D

(Except I could have probably bought a house in Yakima with the money I could have saved on secondaries, but I digress...)

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure...the campus was nice in the sense that it's brand new, but at times I felt claustrophobic...it felt a little small for me, and I'm a bit concerned about the clear lack of study space. On the tour the guide pointed out all the places the current students study-like every nook and cranny, so I wonder what will happen in a year when there are twice as many students. Also they were a little iffy when I pressed about what residencies they are developing. And lastly, they have zero clinical contact the first year. That being said, books and laptop included makes this school a bargain, and smart boards are way cool. The faculty, dean, and administration were VERY approachable and appeared to know most of the students on a first name basis, that's impressive to me. The dean has started a new medical school before (Pikeville), and the catalog at PNWU is very similar to Pikeville's. The location isn't bad depending on the part of Yakima, and you are close to incredible mountains. People say the housing is cheap, but in the two months I've been looking at housing it didn't appear to be much cheaper than say Colorado, Erie, Ohio, Michigan (other places I'm considering). Certainly less that Boston, Las Vegas, of So Cal...I guess it's relative. All and all, nice place, students are very happy, and the admin addresses student needs and concerns. Not sure where I'll end up yet.

Good points, real quick, here's my take on a few of em:
- I really dug the campus, just cause it is nice. Small, yes, but that main hall is really sweet, and they are extending in the other direction which should make the place feel a bit more open. I agree though, little claustrophobic, with the halls, but I'd get used to that cause a lot of hospitals give you that same feeling (ever been to UWSOM? you are claustrophobic AND lost in a seven story rat maze)
- Study space will probably get remedied when they are forced to when the class size doubles, but it doesn't seem terribly hard to do: convert lecture halls to "libraries" after classes are done. Frankly, it makes sense to have a small library like they do since everything IS digital these days, and they can just keep the core stuff in hard copy there.
- As for residencies, keep in mind, there entire sucess depends on putting their class into decent residencies. They have quite a stake in this, and if they fail, the school won't be able to attract decent candidates if word of that spreads. I'm sure they know the gravity of sorting that out. Plus, we'd be one back from the "guniea pigs" if you want to think that way
- No offense, but I see clinical contact for first years as a pure gimmick. Check out some other posts on here, but as a first year, there is absolutely nothing you can do for someone except ask awkward questions (speaking for most people, some with EMT/Para can probably save some lives, some ex-lifegaurds can give CPR, etc.)
- They do give "actors" so you learn how to take case histories, etc. during the 2nd semester of 1st year
- Number one priority for me is board prep during 1st and 2nd years
- I actually hate the fact we have to get a laptop, cause if I have to trade in my MBP for some dell, I'm going to kick and scream until they concede
- I think housing in Yakima has "equalized" with other parts of the country post-subprime meltdown. i.e. the price hasn't gone up, but everywhere else has just gone to hell (specially great lakes regions)
- I'm interested to see if there will be some oppertunities to participate in some simple clinical research in a field one might be interested in so that it will buff up your resume should one be interested in competitive residencies

Anyway, that's just my take on things, and the price is right too. Oh, and I never knew Bend Oregon counts as rural and undeserved, lol, yeah, SIGN ME UP! lol, can I get a rural loan repayment too? maybe extra hardship pay for all the snowboarding i'll be doing... hard on the legs n all...

I asked the first class what they got as their laptop...and it's a Dell. >___>'
They also said they were quite happy with it. Just so you know, the cost of the laptop comes right out of your tuition. Nothing is ever free. :)
I'm not sure how clinical would be seen as a gimmick but here is a portion of the class description: "...The student will learn to make a differential diagnosis, leading to the selection of "definitive" laboratory studies and then ultimately to diagnosis and treatment."
This is during the Fall period of your first year. The clinical portion actually lasts the entire year with case studies, techniques, and procedures being taught. I'm still reading through the course descriptions.

Last edited:
I know, im very attached to my macbook as well... looks like I'll have a laptop for work and a laptop for play next year =D

Looking back at my interview (which seems like soooooo long ago now even though it was only like a month), I am still super impressed with the presentation for this school. They obviously know what it takes to get a new medical school up and running, and it seems as if they are making the best effort they can possibly put forth. Think about it..... the first new medical school in the pacific northwest in 60 plus years.... people are gonna be excited about it! They have a lot to live up to with OHSU and UW in their same region, but i think thats exactly why I love this school so much. I want to be a part of creating a tradition there that rivals those schools in the future!

What really sold this school to me though is their dedication to the students... granted it was their first class, but it seemed as if they were willing to do anything and everything to make sure that the students were comfortable and happy. If that keeps up with the next few classes coming in, you can guarantee that this school will begin to excel in prestige very soon. For example, one of my questions was if they would be willing to let students "study abroad" for one or more of their internships... I ask this because I played college baseball and never had the time to travel the world while "studying" ;) and would be really interested in doing it now that I no longer have baseball sucking up all my time. I was told that they actually are setting up some locations were one could do that because a few students were interested in that as well! Granted who knows if it actually pans out, but the fact that they will take their time to look into a students interest speaks a great deal about this school and its staff's character.

Anywho, enough rambling, gotta get back to eating cheerio's before work :)

Finally looked at SDN to find some discussion about PNWU, embarrassed to say I didn't before. I'm in the Class of 2013 (one of the "deferred" students from 2012). There is a facebook group for accepted and "deposited" members of 2013 at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=12658607625 if you are interested.

Congrats to the members of the class of 2013, good luck and safe travels to those going to interviews this month.

just signed my acceptance letter this morning.... i'll be joining that group soon ;)

Hey gang,

I was wondering if you guys have any idea if I have a chance of getting in even though i am sending in my secondaries THIS WEEK ugh...I am an eastcoast kid so that is probably going to hold me back.

THanks

It is possible, but your stats have to be pretty stellar and you need to have an awesome personality. You have two main things going against you at this time.
1. the number of people getting admitted this app cycle is lower than last year because of deferrals of about 15-20 people. So that means there is about 55 seats available.
2. You are not from the 5 states. PNWU is trying to recruit people who come from these areas so that these doctors will go back to their home state and practice when they finish. The 5 states are in dire need of doctors, especially the rural areas.

That said. You can still get in if you apply now.

It is possible, but your stats have to be pretty stellar and you need to have an awesome personality. You have two main things going against you at this time.
1. the number of people getting admitted this app cycle is lower than last year because of deferrals of about 15-20 people. So that means there is about 55 seats available.
2. You are not from the 5 states. PNWU is trying to recruit people who come from these areas so that these doctors will go back to their home state and practice when they finish. The 5 states are in dire need of doctors, especially the rural areas.

That said. You can still get in if you apply now.

3. You are really really late, the later in the year the more competive it is. Because most school doing rolling admissions, so later in the cycle less seats avaiable! You should apply in June, secondaries should be done by august and interviewing in october. Good luck though!

The previous 2 posters make good points. PNWU's popularity has increased significantly this year. The now guaranteed availability of financial aid makes it quite attractive in comparison to RVU (Denver)...that's if you're a person who's trying for the west.

They do seem to be pretty overt in their mission to recruit from the region (even though they refused me an interview this year!!!:mad:) but they have given out seats to out-of-staters as well.

The secondary fee makes this a tough school for many students with limited funds to apply to...but the simple truth of the application process holds true, you'll never know if you don't send it in...

Good luck

OlyWa

official 2009 PNWU post secondary reject :mad:

I just gave up my acceptance, I hope one of you fine SDNers takes it.

Members don't see this ad :)
good luck billy, hope you are content where you end up at ;)

anyone else interviewing now/recently??? im curious what the class is filled at right now :)

Heres the deal with PNWU this year. They offered 20 deferral spots to applicants last time around. they will still have a class of 75 students which puts the amount of people they have spots for at 55...with over 2000 aacomas applications by now im sure, the spots here are very competitive. HOWEVER I would expect the waitlist to move a fair amount because of how new the school still is (not that its a bad thing, its just tempting to go to a more established school over a new one for many..including myself), so being waitlisted is not the worst thing to have happen.

Ah, thanks for the heads up I was a little scared.

Ever since being accepted into the 2013 class I've been stressing about financing this whole thing. One of my main concerns is medical insurance. The cheapest quotes for me, my wife and kid are up to $600 a month.. which is about 7200 a year. This comes out to paying almost a full year of tuition after 4 years. And this is limited health insurance with crappy deductables and copays.

It seems like a student going to medical school should be able to find some affordable medical insurance.

Anyone else facing the same problem? Anyone have any suggestions?

Ever since being accepted into the 2013 class I've been stressing about financing this whole thing. One of my main concerns is medical insurance. The cheapest quotes for me, my wife and kid are up to $600 a month.. which is about 7200 a year. This comes out to paying almost a full year of tuition after 4 years. And this is limited health insurance with crappy deductables and copays.

It seems like a student going to medical school should be able to find some affordable medical insurance.

Where are you looking? I've found United and Blue Cross MUCH lower than that.

BEHOLD! The same problems affecting millions of Americans affect medical students as well! Doesn't it suck?!?

But, I second stonewall22, you should be able to find a catastrophic plan for less than that... Does your wife work? Even if she does, you could look into state medicaid for your kids at least (you may qualify, if she doesn't make too much, and as you will be a student for a good long while, you will probably have no real income).

Take a look at ehealthinsurance.com. Assuming you and your wife were born in 1980, and your son in 2006, neither of you smoke, you could get a plan for >=$300. High deductible yes ($3000), but waived for office visits ($30 copay). That deductible's not too bad for what you're paying especially since it's waived for office visits.

Take a look at ehealthinsurance.com. Assuming you and your wife were born in 1980, and your son in 2006, neither of you smoke, you could get a plan for >=$300. High deductible yes ($3000), but waived for office visits ($30 copay). That deductible's not too bad for what you're paying especially since it's waived for office visits.

I thought we were getting insurance through the school for like a 100 a month? Pretty sure I read that somewhere.

I thought we were getting insurance through the school for like a 100 a month? Pretty sure I read that somewhere.

That's for one person, and it's catastrophe insurance.

"Pacific Northwest University has found a student health insurance plan that will cost approximately $100 per month, www.ajfusa.com. The coverage is minimal and has limitations; however it is a low cost option that may fit your needs. Another insurance plan option is through Student Osteopathic Medical Association (SOMA), www.somainsurance.com."

PNWU's the choice, check (a VERY large one that was hard to part with), is in the mail.

I just got called for an interview and scheduled it for Jan 9th... any advice on where to stay? It looks like I have to fly in the day before and then fly out the next morning.... do I need to rent a car?

Any advice on the interview process would also be appreciated... I've got a couple of other interviews scheduled before PNWU but I am drawn to the idea of moving to Washington state.

keep your options open and go to them all.

keep your options open and go to them all.

Right, I'm going to all of my interviews.... any idea on how many seats are still available? Its got to be slim-pickins by now.

Right, I'm going to all of my interviews.... any idea on how many seats are still available? Its got to be slim-pickins by now.

I just opened one up for ya if you can snag it :)

You only need 1 to get in. Don't worry about the other seats. :D

yup, dont worry about seats man... if you got an interview, that means there are openings and all you have to do is have the right stuff to get in..... good luck!

Thanks for the posters who replied. I think I will call the school and talk to them as their links don't give a quote for family. As my wife just had a kid, we'd prefer her not to work. We will look into gov't assistance health programs- medicaid, public health etc. I'll just get the catastrophic for me, but would like to get something better for them obviously. If worse comes to worse I should be able to remove an appendix by the 2nd year. :xf:

I just got called for an interview and scheduled it for Jan 9th... any advice on where to stay? It looks like I have to fly in the day before and then fly out the next morning.... do I need to rent a car?

Any advice on the interview process would also be appreciated... I've got a couple of other interviews scheduled before PNWU but I am drawn to the idea of moving to Washington state.

I stayed at the Oxford Suites and liked it. They had a rate for interviewing students and took me to PNWU the morning of the interview. Good luck with the interview :)

I stayed at the Oxford Suites and liked it. They had a rate for interviewing students and took me to PNWU the morning of the interview. Good luck with the interview :)

Yeah, the Oxford Suites are really good - so good that for me, coming from LA for the last two years, it is almost a joke. 80 bucks and you get your room and a courtesy happy hour with food and drinks. And then they drive you to the school.

Also, does anyone know what the status of how many people have taken PNWU up on their 50 or so spots for this year? I have a friend who JUST sent in his secondary, and I was wondering just how screwed he is?

Thought I would revive this guy a little bit from the depths (page 4!!!) incase anyone has some breaking news or accepted/interviewing people have some juice to post.

and reminding people who have been accepted and are in the PNWU class of 2013 to join the facebook group if you havent already! ;)

How much is the PNWU deposit? and how much time does school give to students? After interview, how many days does it to receive the result?

Please help.

How much is the PNWU deposit? and how much time does school give to students? After interview, how many days does it to receive the result?

Please help.

1000$, 30 days, and very quick is the answer to the last question (3-5 days for an acceptance unless they tell you otherwise)

Please help.

$1000, but I think the time they give students to decide depends on when you interview..... the earlier your interview (like october), they give you until december to decide. As you get later into the interview cycle, that gets cut down to thirty days and then two weeks eventually?? Dont quote me on that, but I thought i read that somewhere. And I interviewed on friday, got the acceptance offer on tuesday the next week (4 days), if that gives you a timeline of sorts.

not gonna lie though.... your questions were very short and sweet, but relax a little bit and feel free to type a little personality into your posts ;) just messing with ya, haha

According to the Yakima Herald (the local paper) Dr. William Betz the founding Dean of PNWU resigned with no explanation last week. Apparently he had moved his whole family over when he took the job and was the Dean of another Osteopathic school prior to taking the job there? The first class has only been there for a few months now... Does anyone know what's going on? The article ran a week ago and there's no follow-up anywhere I can find on the web. Sounds sketchy... If anyone's interviewing or touring over there maybe you can ask the staff what's going on...

According to the Yakima Herald (the local paper) Dr. William Betz the founding Dean of PNWU resigned with no explanation last week. Apparently he had moved his whole family over when he took the job and was the Dean of another Osteopathic school prior to taking the job there? The first class has only been there for a few months now... Does anyone know what's going on? The article ran a week ago and there's no follow-up anywhere I can find on the web. Sounds sketchy... If anyone's interviewing or touring over there maybe you can ask the staff what's going on...

It has been addressed (I'm a future student). Here was one response:

"Greetings all,

Please don't read anything more into Dr. Betz's resignation than what it is. People leave, move on, resign, etc. for any number of reasons. That is the nature of all businesses/organizations. Each of us currently employed by PNWU resigned from previous positions and the positions we left were filled by someone who left their employer. It really is that simple.

PNWU is much stronger than one individual link. We work as a team to bring extraordinary education to each and every student attending our university. The transition from Dr. Betz to Dr. Robyn Phillips-Madson as interim dean has been seamless. She, Dr. Garcia, Dr. Taylor and Dr. Sutton have always shared in the development of the COM and will continue to do so even after a permanent dean is selected.

I appreciate your interest in Dr. Betz’s resignation. However, be assured; we are growing and becoming stronger with each step we take as a new university. We hope you will be part of that strength and growth also.

Respectfully,
Angie
Senior Executive to the President"

The students have responded too. Apparently they don't know why he left...greener pastures perhaps...people in academia are very nomadic anyway. I would call and ask them if you have concerns.

yup, nothing to worry about schoolwise with this...... as far as ive heard everyone else is staying intact and there is no reason to fret over this. People's life change over time, and this is obviously a case dealing with that.

I would be shocked if there was any fallout from this, as the school was put together quite well. In fact, the hiring of a new dean might also be a benefit because it will bring in some fresh ideas..... and when a school is new, there is nothing better than new ideas to make sure we have the best possible situation!

It's absolutely true that administrators shuffle around... To the best of my knowledge they don't usually resign with no comment unless they're leaving for 1 of two reasons. 1) They don't want the personal circumstances known as to why they are resigning or 2) they are prohibited by the terms of their contract from making a statement about the reasons for their resignation (i.e. something that the school would not want known). If he had left for a "greener pasture" he would have delivered something to the students/staff/future students/public along the lines of : "I have appreciated the opportunity to be a part of building this university from the ground up, blah blah blah (talking about how it's a great school etc. regretting not being there to see it through...) blah blah blah (the opportunity that I am leaving for requires me to immediately go, but I'm leaving the school in good hands) blah blah blah etc. etc.... The most damaging thing he could do to the fragile future of a new school is to resign with no comment... That screams of some internal problems with the school or embarrassing personal reasons... You take your pick with your $40,000 a year (plus living expenses). With no good explanation forthcoming, it sounds like a crap shoot... When I was over at the school last week the staff I spoke to seemed really nervous and evasive about a lot of questions related to the schools future plans, tuition increases etc... I didn't know at the time that this had just happened...

It's absolutely true that administrators shuffle around... To the best of my knowledge they don't usually resign with no comment unless they're leaving for 1 of two reasons. 1) They don't want the personal circumstances known as to why they are resigning or 2) they are prohibited by the terms of their contract from making a statement about the reasons for their resignation (i.e. something that the school would not want known). If he had left for a "greener pasture" he would have delivered something to the students/staff/future students/public along the lines of : "I have appreciated the opportunity to be a part of building this university from the ground up, blah blah blah (talking about how it's a great school etc. regretting not being there to see it through...) blah blah blah (the opportunity that I am leaving for requires me to immediately go, but I'm leaving the school in good hands) blah blah blah etc. etc.... The most damaging thing he could do to the fragile future of a new school is to resign with no comment... That screams of some internal problems with the school or embarrassing personal reasons... You take your pick with your $40,000 a year (plus living expenses). With no good explanation forthcoming, it sounds like a crap shoot... When I was over at the school last week the staff I spoke to seemed really nervous and evasive about a lot of questions related to the schools future plans, tuition increases etc... I didn't know at the time that this had just happened...

Maybe yes, maybe no. I spoke with my father-in-law, a lifetime academic. He didn't think it was an issue at all. I have wondered why he left so abruptly, but who knows? I've felt like the school was forthcoming with information when asked about this. I have called the school and spoken with several different people. I didn't get the vibe at all that they were hiding something. Each to their own though, if you did, then you gotta go with your gut.

During your interviews, did they mention anything about starting residencies?

During your interviews, did they mention anything about starting residencies?

They did during mine, said they are planning on a variety of residencies, but weren't very specific. They did say that their first goal is to get existing residencies in the Northwest dual accredited and that UW and OHSU were being more than cooperative.

I think that a lot of the students who have interviewed thus far at PNWU have been sold on PNWU despite the risks that always come with a new school because of a vision of strong school leadership and Dr. Betz's past track record. His departure raises many questions for me. I will be the first to admit that a dean's can and SHOULD rotate regularly (4-5 years), and perhaps if he was involved with the founding of the school four or so years ago, it would be reasonable for him to consider leaving now, but it doesn't make a terrible amount of sense to me to do it in the middle of the admissions cycle and school year. Yes, a dean can really just be a figurehead, and that a combination of strong faculty, a strong school president, and an advisory board can constitute the "core" of a schools decision making entity. However, from the way in which the PNWU program was presented to many of us during the interview process, Dr. Betz's resignation is especially troubling because he seemed to be a integral, central player at the university in a very important (as well as precarious) time as they are preparing their first class to rotate.

Why is he leaving now? Futureecho put it quite well in his/her post, that the lack of disclosure as to the conditions surrounding Dr. Betz's departure cause one to assume the worse. I want to just drink the kool-aid here and sit back and act like nothing is wrong, but please, someone give me information so I can be reassured that the future of this school is not compromised for some mysterious reason which caused the dean to resign in a shroud of secrecy. I'm pretty sure any answer is better than no answer at all! (What, he didn't get along with so-and-so, well, I don't get along with everyone always, I understand... etc.)

Right now, there are some very important issues that I would appreciated being addressed, specifically:
1) Why did Dr. Betz resign.
2) Is their a cap on annual tuition increases? Because 30k -> 35k is quite a hike (16%). I think it is rare to ever do more than a 10% increase. At that rate, PNWU will cost as much as USC by the time I am a fourth year (ok, well not quite, but still...)
3) What are the plans for the 2nd lecture hall?

I think that a lot of the students who have interviewed thus far at PNWU have been sold on PNWU despite the risks that always come with a new school because of a vision of strong school leadership and Dr. Betz's past track record. His departure raises many questions for me. I will be the first to admit that a dean's can and SHOULD rotate regularly (4-5 years), and perhaps if he was involved with the founding of the school four or so years ago, it would be reasonable for him to consider leaving now, but it doesn't make a terrible amount of sense to me to do it in the middle of the admissions cycle and school year. Yes, a dean can really just be a figurehead, and that a combination of strong faculty, a strong school president, and an advisory board can constitute the "core" of a schools decision making entity. However, from the way in which the PNWU program was presented to many of us during the interview process, Dr. Betz's resignation is especially troubling because he seemed to be a integral, central player at the university in a very important (as well as precarious) time as they are preparing their first class to rotate.

Why is he leaving now? Futureecho put it quite well in his/her post, that the lack of disclosure as to the conditions surrounding Dr. Betz's departure cause one to assume the worse. I want to just drink the kool-aid here and sit back and act like nothing is wrong, but please, someone give me information so I can be reassured that the future of this school is not compromised for some mysterious reason which caused the dean to resign in a shroud of secrecy. I'm pretty sure any answer is better than no answer at all! (What, he didn't get along with so-and-so, well, I don't get along with everyone always, I understand... etc.)

Right now, there are some very important issues that I would appreciated being addressed, specifically:
1) Why did Dr. Betz resign.
2) Is their a cap on annual tuition increases? Because 30k -> 35k is quite a hike (16%). I think it is rare to ever do more than a 10% increase. At that rate, PNWU will cost as much as USC by the time I am a fourth year (ok, well not quite, but still...)
3) What are the plans for the 2nd lecture hall?

I think you should call the school. Re: #2...I asked that question at my interview. They said their goal was to have a cheap, affordable medical education, but at $30k they weren't covering their costs. They said they did not anticipate another big hike similar to what happened this year.

I think you should call the school. Re: #2...I asked that question at my interview. They said their goal was to have a cheap, affordable medical education, but at $30k they weren't covering their costs. They said they did not anticipate another big hike similar to what happened this year.

Right, I don't expect them to increase tuition again, and @ 35k the price is still quite reasonable, but it would be reassuring if there was some sort of clause that gave a limit on the annual tuition increase, or it could be tacked to the rate of inflation, etc. There was one at my undergrad school, but I'm not sure if it is common for medical schools.

Number 3 I am holding off on since I don't think they are 100% sure yet what is going to happen, and it isn't a big deal for me (but I would be interested in hearing what the estimated completion time is)

And as for number 1, I mean, it doesn't seem like they are giving out any information at all, so what would be the point?

Right, I don't expect them to increase tuition again, and @ 35k the price is still quite reasonable, but it would be reassuring if there was some sort of clause that gave a limit on the annual tuition increase, or it could be tacked to the rate of inflation, etc. There was one at my undergrad school, but I'm not sure if it is common for medical schools.

Number 3 I am holding off on since I don't think they are 100% sure yet what is going to happen, and it isn't a big deal for me (but I would be interested in hearing what the estimated completion time is)

And as for number 1, I mean, it doesn't seem like they are giving out any information at all, so what would be the point?

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, and since I felt like the people at PNWU were good honest people, I believe that they really don't know since that's what they said. I'm baffled too...leaving right now doesn't make sense-part way through the second semester of the first year of a medical school he very much seemed to believe in. Weird. But since the school is saying they don't know, I'm going to assume (hopefully not to my detriment) that everything with the school is okay and there were some personal reason he left. I have spoken with several current students and they don't have a clue why he left. I think if there were internal problems (like he doesn't get along with people, or there are deep rooted problems in the school) it would be difficult to completely hide it from the students. Now, all the being said, my trust could be misplaced and everyone is lying to me. But in my gut I feel like they're not. Thoughts?

I agree stonewall.... My undergrad was a smaller school (1200 undergrad students), and the students knew everything gossip-wise that was going on of any importance. If there was a major reason worth noting why the dean resigned, then they would know and it would leak. Im like you, I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong.

on the other hand, as long as the staff and faculty stay strong, there should be no problems for the school as it progresses into the next few years :)

According to PNWU mission statement: The mission of Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences is to train, educate, and encourage scientific research for health professionals who will provide quality care to all communities of the Pacific Northwest, particularly underserved populations.

Anyone matriculated have to sign anything stating your intention to remain in the Pacific Northwest?

Also - I am interested in Sports Medicine. Either through FP or PM&R. Would PNWU accommodate?

Thanks! :)

Last edited: