PharmCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've never thought of whether or not it's "required" but most schools expect an updated transcript, some schools even wait for an updated transcript to decide whether or not to call you in for an interview/give you an acceptance. So in the end, yes you should still send it in.

Yeah, many of the PharmCAS schools I applied to wouldn't consider my application to be complete until they offered interviews. To cover all bases, I would use academic update too,

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This seems like a pretty obvious answer, but is their any reason to do anything with Pharmcas once you've been accepted to the school you wanted to get into....any benefit from completing academic update, sending updated transcripts, etc...

the spring transcript goes directly to the schools you're applying to

I've used the search function and google but found no answers related to my question. It would be absurd if Pharmcas deletes your information for the next cycle. However, I would like a straight answer. Thanks in advance.

That is a big fat no. You have to start a brand new one.
The only difference is that you are asked if you have applied to the school before.
No Discounts. No Welcome back you can't still use the same account.
Resend your transcripts also.:smuggrin:

Can anyone else verify that this info above is correct? I'm in the same situation right now. Thanks

Yes I concur that's the wait it works with lors and I would def esubmit without them b/c I e-submitted my app w/o all lors in the beginning of Sept (a supposebly non-busy time) and it took 5 weeks for my GPAs to be calculated.

how long do you guys think its going to take Pharmcas to calculate GPAs during this time?

[1] No
[2] No, but your school won't consider your application to be complete until PharmCAS has forwarded everything.
[3] My application was finally complete by right around now and it took about three weeks for the application to be processed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just submitted my stuff. Hopefully not too many of us slackers waiting for the last minute so it'll get done fast

how long do you guys think its going to take Pharmcas to calculate GPAs during this time?

It can take from 2-5 weeks. As long as you e-submit it before the deadline, you're good.

It took 5 weeks for mine to get processed (I took THAT many classes...:p)

I was already accepted to Western and I only have UOP interview left on the 11th. Is this a huge problem? Do i need to do it right away?

Is this a huge problem? Do i need to do it right away?

I believe it is a problem if you have fall grades to report. However, the update is irrelevant if you graduated in the summer/August.

I didn't graduate yet. I assumed since Western will ask for my transcripts, maybe pharmcas isn't too important. proly wrong assumption.

CategoryScienceNon-ScienceMathTotalHoursQuality
PointsGPAHoursQuality
PointsGPAHoursQuality
PointsGPAHoursQuality
PointsGPAFreshman16.0056.003.509.0030.003.337.0025.003.5732.00111.003.47Sophomore13.0049.003.7715.0060.004.000.000.000.0028.00109.003.89Junior0.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.00Senior0.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.00Post Baccalaureate0.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.00Cum. Undergrad29.00105.003.6224.0090.003.757.0025.003.5760.00220.003.67Graduate0.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.00Professional0.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.00Overall29.00105.003.6224.0090.003.757.0025.003.5760.00220.003.67

CourseGraded
HoursQuality
PointsGPAHours
< 2.0Hours
P/CR/APTotal
HoursBiochemistry0.000.000.000.000.000.00Biology & Other Life Sciences8.0027.003.380.000.008.00Organic Chemistry8.0029.003.620.000.008.00Inorganic Chemistry8.0029.003.620.000.008.00Physics5.0020.004.000.000.005.00Other Science0.000.000.000.000.000.00Math7.0025.003.570.000.007.00Social/Behavioral Science3.0012.004.000.000.003.00Microbiology0.000.000.000.000.000.00Total39.00142.003.640.000.0039.00

Can you just post the relevant numbers, such as overall GPA, science GPA, etc? It would be easier for people to comment on it and give you feedback :)

The only school I am applying to, South University, has a deadline of Feb.1. I have finished everything and am waiting for my third LOR to be completed. The status says "New." I have no idea what that means. Will PharmCAS still send my 3rd LOR after I have submitted my application? Will South University receive it by the 1st?

The only school I am applying to, South University, has a deadline of Feb.1. I have finished everything and am waiting for my third LOR to be completed. The status says "New." I have no idea what that means. Will PharmCAS still send my 3rd LOR after I have submitted my application? Will South University receive it by the 1st?

Why don't you call PharmCAS and ask them directly? They always answer right away with no more than 1-2 min of hold time

"New" means that your evaluator hasn't completed the LOR form yet. You can still submit your application, as long as your evaluator completes it by the deadline.

I sent updated transcripts for "academic update" to PharmCAS almost 4 weeks ago now, and they still show that it hasn't been "received." I sent another copy almost 2 weeks ago, and still the same situation. Anyone else having the same problem?

I sent updated transcripts for "academic update" to PharmCAS almost 4 weeks ago now, and they still show that it hasn't been "received." I sent another copy almost 2 weeks ago, and still the same situation. Anyone else having the same problem?

You should send them an email, because I sent my transcripts on 1/8/08 and under the status bar it says it was received on 1/14/08. I remember last year, when I sent them an updated one, it took them about a week and a half to post that it was received.

My update has not posted on PharmCAS either and it has been two weeks since it was mailed out. I will request another one today but I am concerned that it is so delayed. I emailed PharmCAS yesterday and they got back to me fairly quickly and said that it usually takes them 7-10 days to post it but told me to keep checking the PharmCAS website.

I sent my transcripts on 12/18 and pharmcas did not report them as received until 01/04/08, they just finished verifying and reclaculating my GPA. The process is quite slow right now. Hope that time line helps!

My update has not posted on PharmCAS either and it has been two weeks since it was mailed out. I will request another one today but I am concerned that it is so delayed. I emailed PharmCAS yesterday and they got back to me fairly quickly and said that it usually takes them 7-10 days to post it but told me to keep checking the PharmCAS website.

they process my GPA in 3 weeks.... i guess i am lucky...

I checked PharmCAS today and my transcript was posted today. I guess it is taking a little over two weeks to process them at this time.

Hey..I tried to search and the info on the pharmcas website seems ambiguous. If I submitted on jan 10 for feb 1 deadline (took me a while to round up the money) and it still calculating my gpa and it doesn't calculate my gpa by the feb 1 am I screwed?? It only matters when you submit to pharmcas right?

yes to being screwed or it only matters when i submitted?

Sorry about my response. I thought about it again and decided to check on the pharmcas website. Well, they said that all transcripts need to be received by the pharmcas office by the application deadline. So probably you're ok on the GPA calculation. =)

Your GPAs will probably be complete about a month after you submitted, so February 10th. Usually, you only need to have submitted before the deadline. If this is the case, then you're fine:)

Check your schools' websites to make sure that they only require submittal by the deadline and not submittal and GPAs calculated before the deadline.

So the deadline for my school to submit all my stuff to pharmcas is feb 1st. However, it does not have my most recent transcript from the semester that just ended. They do have the grades from the semester before that. Would I be able to make the deadline if I try to get it in before the feb 1st before submitting the pharmcas application?

So the deadline for my school to submit all my stuff to pharmcas is feb 1st. However, it does not have my most recent transcript from the semester that just ended. They do have the grades from the semester before that. Would I be able to make the deadline if I try to get it in before the feb 1st before submitting the pharmcas application?

Contact the school and see if they'll take an unofficial transcript (grade report) if the school were to fax it to them for your packet review, with the acknowledgement that an official transcript will follow.

I just heard this thing about one of my friends' friend down south failing his first year of pharmacy school and being kicked out of the program. Now, he has to reapply or choose another career. On PharmCAS, it says something about sending in all your transcripts from all your schools. But my friend told me that the other kidsent only his undergrad scores instead? I don't think its a good idea and pretty ballzy. I'm curious as to what everyone else has to say about this.
:idea:

EDIT:
I think I was misunderstood. An applicant applied to pharmaCAS for their first time and was rejected. The second time, they were accepted to a school that doesn't use pharmCAS (hence, another application). However, they failed out and so, now they're out of that school.

Question: Should they apply using pharmCAS and not mention that they were in a pharmacy school AND not send out those failing grades?

That would require multiple lies on the application. There's a question on whether or not a student has applied before via PharmCAS plus one about previous matriculation into another pharmacy school.

Even though PharmCAS doesn't carry data over from one year to next, I guess that they don't delete everything either. The previous acceptance and application then become links to evidence that he/she previously matriculated. Red flags can flare and it could flare after earning the degree. If discovered, he might have a difficult time getting into any healthcare profession.

My advice is to play by the rules and prove that he/she is a capable student or else face getting kicked out of school again.

That would require multiple lies on the application. There's a question on whether or not a student has applied before via PharmCAS plus one about previous matriculation into another pharmacy school.

Even though PharmCAS doesn't carry data over from one year to next, I guess that they don't delete everything either. The previous acceptance and application then become links to evidence that he/she previously matriculated. Red flags can flare and it could flare after earning the degree. If discovered, he might have a difficult time getting into any healthcare profession.

My advice is to play by the rules and prove that he/she is a capable student or else face getting kicked out of school again.

i saw that question as to whether u have applied to pharmcas before but i left it blank is that a problem?

i saw that question as to whether u have applied to pharmcas before but i left it blank is that a problem?

Let your conscience be your guide dude...doesn't it feel like it's a problem? Sounds like a lie to me. If you had applied before (which of course I am assuming you had) why on earth would you just leave it blank? Tons of people have applied more than once to get into pharm school. Why lie about giving it a shot but not getting accepted?

I think lying on pharmcas is a BAD decision. I don't believe that there is anything bad about being a reapplicant. Like the user above stated, many people applied to pharm school more than once and got in. When I applied though pharmcas I forgot to checked the previously applied box and was so stressed out. I didn't want the adcom to think that I was a liar so I contacted Pharmcas and the school to let them know that I have applied before.

When/if the adcom finds out that you lied on your application, you will not be given a chance at pharmacy school. I mean, who wants a dishonest pharmacist right?

I think you'll be fine. Submit it ASAP without waiting for the transcripts because the academic update window will still be open until Feb. 15th. The transcripts will still have time to arrive and you can make any necessary changes, too

Okay, I just submitted my request to have the transcript sent, so hopefully everything goes well.

When does pharmcas update the GPA after the transcrips have been updated (like it's posted that they received the lastest transcripts, but the GPA isn't showing up as updated) Will we be able to see it or only the schools? Not sure, kinda confused about that? Thanks guys! :)

When does pharmcas update the GPA after the transcrips have been updated (like it's posted that they received the lastest transcripts, but the GPA isn't showing up as updated) Will we be able to see it or only the schools? Not sure, kinda confused about that? Thanks guys! :)

It takes 4-6 weeks for Pharmcas to update your GPA after they have your transcripts and academic update. Pharmcas received both from me on Jan. 2nd and they just updated my GPA this week. Pharmcas still needs to send the reports to my schools.