PharmCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
But that's the thing. I had heard "apply early" but I did not. In my case, I had to learn the hard way. To anyone reading this: PLEASE APPLY EARLY!!! DON'T PROCRASTINATE LIKE ME. You may hear of success stories, but they tend to be the exception, not the rule.

How soon is early by the way? I'm applying the first time this year, and I read somewhere on the PCAT forum that as long as you submit everything to PharmCas by September/October, you should be fine because a lot of people take the October PCAT anyway.

I was planning to begin writing my PS this week and have it criticized by someone in the pre-med office at my university. I have contacted my references a couple of weeks ago asking whether each of them can prepare a letter for me by the end of June. Two of them replied that they can do so, and two other haven't replied yet. I'll take both the August and October PCAT. My plan was to wrap up everything by, perhaps, beginning of July or mid-July. Is it early enough??

Hopefully applying within the summer would be ok... I'm quite busy these days as I'm taking 3 summer classes!!!

hello everyone! i tried to login to pharmcas today for the fall 2009 application, but it wasn't there. does anyone know if it's coming out tomorrow instead since today is a weekend? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, they must not work to put it up at 12 AM eastern time, because I just tried and it wasn't there.

on all their websites it says june 1, but nothing has come up... hmmm they should have just said june 2...

are others able to access pharmCAS today? it's monday...

and does anyone know how to access western's reference materials? i went to their site but i didn't see anything...

help is much appreciated!

I just called them and the Pharmcas Representative said the application will be open between this afternoon and later tonight.

So I couldn't help myself and e-mailed PharmCAS :oops: They responded quickly!

This was the response:

The PharmCAS application will be available to the public later on today Monday June 2, 2008, the launch of the new cycle. At that time you will have the opportunity to register and apply for the upcoming 2009 fall admissions. Please continue to monitor the PharmCAS website (www.pharmcas.org) for further instructions today, and in the upcoming week.

:D

So I couldn't help myself and e-mailed PharmCAS :oops: They responded quickly!

This was the response:

The PharmCAS application will be available to the public later on today Monday June 2, 2008, the launch of the new cycle. At that time you will have the opportunity to register and apply for the upcoming 2009 fall admissions. Please continue to monitor the PharmCAS website (www.pharmcas.org) for further instructions today, and in the upcoming week.

:D

Thanks for the info!!!!! I have bee checking PharmCAS like every 1/2 hour!!! Good luck everyone!!!:)

I just went on pharmcas and it's not open yet.

It's working for me, good luck everyone :hardy:

Members don't see this ad :)
oh man, the mere thought of having to deal with PharmCas made me sick to my stomach! I mean, for all intents and purposes, the website is great, but nonetheless, what a pain in the proverbial ass!

Having to go through the entire application process was easily the single most torturous 6-8 months of my life, for the people that have to go through it agan -- Hang in there guys, there's light at the end of the tunnel!

I'm impressed with you guys. I didn't finish my Pharmcas until December.

Does anyone know where I might find the "Fee Waiver Request Form?" I've looked everywhere..!

oh man, the mere thought of having to deal with PharmCas made me sick to my stomach! I mean, for all intents and purposes, the website is great, but nonetheless, what a pain in the proverbial ass!

Having to go through the entire application process was easily the single most torturous 6-8 months of my life, for the people that have to go through it agan -- Hang in there guys, there's light at the end of the tunnel!

Thanks, I am already sick to my stomach, it looks like I'll be working and volunteering, taking classes, studying for PCAT and then there is a good old pharmcas.

It's working for me, good luck everyone :hardy:

How did you get in? I went there and NOTHING for me. I guess I have to keep trying. I am trying to get the word out to everyone I know to apply early, but they just don't get it. Early for me will be the day the line opens. Good luck everyone!

for some reason, pharmcas works withe explorer...not with firefox.

How did you get in? I went there and NOTHING for me. I guess I have to keep trying. I am trying to get the word out to everyone I know to apply early, but they just don't get it. Early for me will be the day the line opens. Good luck everyone!

Try going here: https://portal.pharmcas.org/
Also, I don't know if it matters... but I'm using Internet Explorer. It didn't show up for me at first but after I refreshed the page it showed up. Hope that helps..

Thanks Stormie, I got in using the link you provided. I will start inputing my information.

It's open.... oh the tedium! Just finished the input of my AP courses and freshman semester. Two more years of courses to input!

BTW, does anyone know what semester AP courses are considered? I don't want to lump them in with my Freshman Fall semester, but there is no choice to put it as incoming AP credit (AP classification, yes).

Last edited:
IN!!! GL everyone!~

sorry if this questions asked before but i was filing out the application. My question is that do i list pharmacy and research under WORK EXPERIENCE or EXTRACURRICULAR activities??

Also My school has service where i could store my LORs meaning the letter writer sends the LORs directly to that service and they will forward it to Pharmcas when needed.
I been reading that its better to do the e-Letter then the paper one
plz help

Were those paid positions? If so, then it is work experience. Unpaid volunteer work positions also go here.

As for your school's letter forwarding service, you have to note that PharmCAS works by sending a LOR form via e-mail to whomever you designate. Your school's letter service would have to mail it, and that takes more time for it to get to schools. It's rather early, so either route wouldn't hold your app up. E-submitting LORs is generally the safer and quicker route.

Good luck with your pharmcas everyone!!!

However, I have a question for everyone here. Because of my immature frreshman year, I have a few withdraws (W) on my application. According to pharmcas, I suppose to put the number of units attempted even thought the class was dropped. My question is, how would this effect my pharmcas GPA? Would it lower my GPA during the final count?

Also, say I took a class once and failed it but too it a second time and passed it, would I put the additional comment "REPEATED" under the first one, second one, or both?

Thank you

You should read through the instructions/info on PharmCAS. Your first question is definitely there and probably your second. I always found PharmCAS to be pretty thorough in the instructions, and if not contact them. They get back to you pretty fast.

Good luck with your pharmcas everyone!!!

However, I have a question for everyone here. Because of my immature frreshman year, I have a few withdraws (W) on my application. According to pharmcas, I suppose to put the number of units attempted even thought the class was dropped. My question is, how would this effect my pharmcas GPA? Would it lower my GPA during the final count?

Also, say I took a class once and failed it but too it a second time and passed it, would I put the additional comment "REPEATED" under the first one, second one, or both?

Thank you

Ws don't lower your GPA.

i just tried to log onto my pharmcas application, and it won't let me, saying that the 2008 cycle is finished. the funny thing is, just two days ago i set up my account for the 2009 cycle. so is the website just going through technical difficulties right now, or am i going insane? anyone else with the same problem?

i just tried to log onto my pharmcas application, and it won't let me, saying that the 2008 cycle is finished. the funny thing is, just two days ago i set up my account for the 2009 cycle. so is the website just going through technical difficulties right now, or am i going insane? anyone else with the same problem?

I tried logging in also and it said the same thing. They must be updating the site or something. I'd try logging in again in a couple of hours.

So, I have begun filling out my courses manually on pharmcas. My question was can I send in the request for my official transcripts before I finish filling out my courses manually? Because I have been looking for the section to print out the transcript request form on pharmcas, but could not find it. Any response would be much appreciated, I'd like to send out my transcripts as soon as possible. Thanks.

Hi, I called PharmCAS today and the representative said it was fine to send your transcripts before completing the online application. I'm from San Diego so I have to drive to Irvine either tomorrow or Friday to get transcripts sent out.

1.I took and introductory algebra class when i first began college and received a "S" do i need to put on pharmcas and how?

2. I retook a class that i had received a C in and got an A. So do put repeated under the first class or second class on pharmcas????

1.I took and introductory algebra class when i first began college and received a "S" do i need to put on pharmcas and how?

2. I retook a class that i had received a C in and got an A. So do put repeated under the first class or second class on pharmcas????

1 If this grade is another way to say "PASS" then you will not need to worry about it because it will not effect your GPA but you will still need to put it in pharmcas.

2 Now thats where pharmcas gets most people. While your college may count only the higher grade, pharmcas will separate both attempts and grades. Expect your pharmcas GPA to be lower.

You can find the transcript request forms when you click "Colleges Attended". Then next to each college you entered, there's a little orange icon. Just click that and a pdf should pop up.

So, I have begun filling out my courses manually on pharmcas. My question was can I send in the request for my official transcripts before I finish filling out my courses manually? Because I have been looking for the section to print out the transcript request form on pharmcas, but could not find it. Any response would be much appreciated, I'd like to send out my transcripts as soon as possible. Thanks.
yes do send it in before hand because schools will take time to mail the transcripts and then pharmcas will take some time to process it and show that they have received it.
as SHOOGIRL said you can find it on the colleges attended page, so im sure u have already entered that.

I'm going to take the PCAT in August. Do I just go ahead and submit the pharmcas application when I'm done? Will pharmcas send the score to schools once the scores are in?
thanks