PharmCAS Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Quick question... In my pharmacy designation section it states my application was mailed 9/30 ... and under that it says "revised 10/06" What does this mean? They actually sent it 10/06? or they sent a new copy!? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Quick question... In my pharmacy designation section it states my application was mailed 9/30 ... and under that it says "revised 10/06" What does this mean? They actually sent it 10/06? or they sent a new copy!? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Yes, an update to your application was sent out on 10/06. Did you have a change to your application? For instance a new reference.

why do some schools tell you to wait and they won't let you have the supplemental until they receive your pharmcas. has anyone ever asked for the supplemental early in that case? I'm sick of waiting for pharmcas and I wish I could get to the supplementals! ie ...LECOM-B

Members don't see this ad :)
Their letter dates are wrong and they send the acceptance letter to the wrong address, then expect me to mail in the deposit and everything else in two weeks? That's stupid..

why do some schools tell you to wait and they won't let you have the supplemental until they receive your pharmcas. has anyone ever asked for the supplemental early in that case? I'm sick of waiting for pharmcas and I wish I could get to the supplementals! ie ...LECOM-B

Because some schools are NOT out to take your money and they only allow you to fill out the supplemental if they consider you competitive (which is a beautiful concept). This also cuts down on the amount they need to read. Other schools wait for you to submit the supplemental before they reject you, I assume so they can cash in on that supp fee. I remember reading on here once that a girl was rejected via email 3 hours after she submitted a supplemental app to a school.

I submitted quite a few supplementals before my PharmCAS was sent out. It's definitely to your advantage to get everything sent out ASAP, regardless of the order. If the school gets your supp before the PharmCAS application, they'll still set up a file for you... doesn't matter what order they get things in.

Their letter dates are wrong and they send the acceptance letter to the wrong address, then expect me to mail in the deposit and everything else in two weeks? That's stupid..

At least they sent an email :rolleyes:

Plus, because of their prereq mess, I have to take a class on Saturday every other week until the end of Summer from 8am until 4:30pm... I'm pretty psyched about it :(

It really depends on your stats.

If you have a high PCAT score and the minimum GPA to apply or vice versa; high GPA and the minimum PCAT score to apply, then send your applications out immediately.

In my opinion, if you have a poor PCAT score and a low GPA, then there is almost no point sending your applications or supplemental applications right now. Let's be realistic, your application will be placed in the rejection pile or get wait listed. This may sound harsh but if you're hoping for a miracle, most likely it's not gonna happen unless you've already gone to an interview and am currently waiting on the school's decision regarding admissions.

My suggestion is to have your essays perfected and send it out when your stats are improved.

good luck:)

At least they sent an email :rolleyes:

Plus, because of their prereq mess, I have to take a class on Saturday every other week until the end of Summer from 8am until 4:30pm... I'm pretty psyched about it :(

Haha that's nothing compared to me trying to take 32 credits next semester :D

SEND SUPPS OUT ASAP if they are done!!! Unless the school states not to send it out until they notify you, it's to your best interest to get it in. I submitted my PharmCas on 10/1 and they didn't forward it to my schools until 10/20. I had my WesternU app certified (sent 10/8) so I knew it got to the school. BUT when my old boss contacted the school, they said they didn't have my full file (b/c my pharmcas wasn't sent in yet). SO you want everything to be there asap!!! I really wish i had gotten my stuff done earlier b/c the person my boss spoke to said that it would've helped. ps my boss graduated from Western a couple years ago and knew the ppl in the department, and is really rooting for me to get in. But i whine a lot about how my GPA is so low =(... hence why she called to check on my stuff.

Haha that's nothing compared to me trying to take 32 credits next semester :D

It's not really 32 as the current semester isn't taken into account yet because they don't have the current semester's grades ;) You will be just golden bro!

btw I may try to come to tech for the UVA game so we should cross paths especially if you are in AXE like j. puff (wlliam) :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, an update to your application was sent out on 10/06. Did you have a change to your application? For instance a new reference.

No... They had all of my information on 9/19. All references, transcripts, etc. The only thing I can think of is the Aug PCAT scores perhaps?

It's not really 32 as the current semester isn't taken into account yet because they don't have the current semester's grades ;) You will be just golden bro!

btw I may try to come to tech for the UVA game so we should cross paths especially if you are in AXE like j. puff (wlliam) :p

I didn't take this semester into account. After this semester, I still need 32 credits hours to finish, which is why I am trying to take the whole 32 hours next semester. lol

I didn't take this semester into account. After this semester, I still need 32 credits hours to finish, which is why I am trying to take the whole 32 hours next semester. lol

HOLY CRAP! lol I can only imagine that exam week! They must have made a mistake especially if you are graduating from VT where you have to have most of the prereqs anyways.

Hi all, I'm new to SDN (1st post) and I really need some help on the PharmCAS application process.

Are we supposed to include ALL college classes we have ever taken (including W's) in the "Coursework" section of "Academic History"? Or do we just input the prerequisite courses taken that apply to our pharm schools of interest?

Also, once we send our transcripts to PharmCAS do we need to keep sending the same transcripts to PharmCAS for each school we intend on applying to, or does PharmCAS store our transcript information once they receive it and then send it to any school we submit an app to?

Pleaseee let me know, I would be so very GRATEFUL! I'm soo sorry if my q's sound ******ed... (i just started the PharmCAS thing, and no one I know has used it) :confused:

Thanks a million!

Hi all, I'm new to SDN (1st post) and I really need some help on the PharmCAS application process.

Are we supposed to include ALL college classes we have ever taken (including W's) in the "Coursework" section of "Academic History"? Or do we just input the prerequisite courses taken that apply to our pharm schools of interest?

Also, once we send our transcripts to PharmCAS do we need to keep sending the same transcripts to PharmCAS for each school we intend on applying to, or does PharmCAS store our transcript information once they receive it and then send it to any school we submit an app to?

Pleaseee let me know, I would be so very GRATEFUL! I'm soo sorry if my q's sound ******ed... (i just started the PharmCAS thing, and no one I know has used it) :confused:

Thanks a million!

ALL COLLEGE COURSES should be included, even W's, even F's. If you are not enlisting all your courses, you are witholding the information and there is a disclaimer against that on Pharmcas.

From what I understand about transcripts, you send them to pharmcas and then pharmcas sends them out to schools but some schools like USC require a separate copy directly from your school,so check with each school.

Good luck with your application !

hey folks...

So after submitting my pharmcas, can i still add schools that i'd like them to send my app to?

or do i have to know all the destinations now??

thx

You can add on additional schools after e-submitting. You'll have to pay a fee again for each school you add on.

Thank you so much for your response!! I really appreciate it!!

I had another quick question... I put all my courses in exactly as they appeared on my unofficial transcript, when it occurred to me that some courses were abbreviated or had shortened words like: "Fundamentals of Chm" & "Engl Comp I", etc.

Am I supposed to input it exactly or expand the words making it:
"Fundamentals of Chemistry" & "English Composition I" and do i need to include the course number like I, and II, if they're not included in the transcript??

Again, I would really appreciate it if someone would pleaseee let me know... Thanks!

Type it EXACTLY as it appears on your OFFICIAL (not advising) transcript.

You should consider reading the directions on the Pharmcas page.

Hey, I'm senior at UF and I just go a paper published in a scientific journal and obviously I planned on making this known to my pharmacy schools of interest. However, I'm not exactly sure how I would submit this to Pharmcas. Obviously, they have a section for awards/honors etc.. and I'm sure that's where I place this bit of information, but the format doesn't really accomodate for publications:

Name of Award: Title of the paper?? **Not enough space to type in full name**
Name of Organization: The Journal it's published in????
Date Recieved: Obvious...

I emailed Pharmcas, but I havent heard anything from them yet. I'm thinking about just emailing the dean. Hopefully I don not have to individually send information to each school I apply to, but whatever. If that's the case, then i'll just deal with it. Anyway, if anyone has helpful information, has had experience with this situation or whatever I'd greatly appreciate the aid.:love: Good luck with everyone's applications.

Hey, I'm senior at UF and I just go a paper published in a scientific journal and obviously I planned on making this known to my pharmacy schools of interest. However, I'm not exactly sure how I would submit this to Pharmcas. Obviously, they have a section for awards/honors etc.. and I'm sure that's where I place this bit of information, but the format doesn't really accomodate for publications:

Name of Award: Title of the paper?? **Not enough space to type in full name**
Name of Organization: The Journal it's published in????
Date Recieved: Obvious...

I emailed Pharmcas, but I havent heard anything from them yet. I'm thinking about just emailing the dean. Hopefully I don not have to individually send information to each school I apply to, but whatever. If that's the case, then i'll just deal with it. Anyway, if anyone has helpful information, has had experience with this situation or whatever I'd greatly appreciate the aid.:love: Good luck with everyone's applications.

You wouldn't be able to, in short. I would mention what lab you worked at and in the description say your was published in so-and-so journal. The rest rely on your supplemental or interview.

Alright, Thanks Jaded. I appreciate it.

I submitted my app on 10/22, and just received my GPA calculation today, 11/3. So turnaround time of about a week and a half.
I really hope that pharmcas doesn't wait until the 17th to mail mine out...hopefully they will send it out on the 10th.

E-submitted 10/14
GPA calculated 10/27
Mailed 11/3

Finally!:)

submitted 10/22, GPA calculated today 11/4... wonder when it will get mailed out... :confused:

anyone is still waiting for their pharmcas GPA to be calculated,,,i submitted mine last week and nothing yet ??? whats wrong..i called them yesterday they said my name is on the que ...

yea they take at least two weeks to calculate them, i believe i submitted mine 9-30 and they werent done until about oct 12 or 15th somewhere around there.

So basically I got an email from pharmcas today which stated at the end
"If your application is already listed as complete, please continue to check the status of your application online to determine when PharmCAS has processed and verified your application. If your application is not listed as complete, please logon to your application to determine what PharmCAS hasn't received and arrange for us to receive all transcripts, fees, and your application by your school's deadlines. PharmCAS does NOT enforce deadlines and will forward your application to your pharmacy designations when we receive all materials."

Does this mean my application isn't complete?:eek::scared:
Where does it say on pharmcas if my app has been processed and verified or listed as complete as a whole?
I know under the status bar you can check if each individual part has been recieved and my transcripts, fees, and references say complete and esubmitted on 11/2. But my gpa hasnt been calculated (shouldn't be hard to calculate at all though:D ).

Is this something to worry about :(or did they just send this to everbody?:oops:

So basically I got an email from pharmcas today which stated at the end
"If your application is already listed as complete, please continue to check the status of your application online to determine when PharmCAS has processed and verified your application. If your application is not listed as complete, please logon to your application to determine what PharmCAS hasn't received and arrange for us to receive all transcripts, fees, and your application by your school's deadlines. PharmCAS does NOT enforce deadlines and will forward your application to your pharmacy designations when we receive all materials."

Does this mean my application isn't complete?:eek::scared:
Where does it say on pharmcas if my app has been processed and verified or listed as complete as a whole?
I know under the status bar you can check if each individual part has been recieved and my transcripts, fees, and references say complete and esubmitted on 11/2. But my gpa hasnt been calculated (shouldn't be hard to calculate at all though:D ).

Is this something to worry about :(or did they just send this to everbody?:oops:

i received the email too, and my application has been complete seen the beginning of september, don't worry about it.

anyone is still waiting for their pharmcas GPA to be calculated,,,i submitted mine last week and nothing yet ??? whats wrong..i called them yesterday they said my name is on the que ...
Good Lord, you submitted last week! Last year, it took exactly SIX weeks for my GPA to be calculated (submitted late November). Accept whatever date they choose to calculate your GPA. If you wanted your GPA calculated earlier, you should have submitted your application earlier.

Same as you manutdmax! I submitted mine last week too. I think it'll take more than 2 weeks because a lot of people submitted theirs in oct and nov. In addition to that, I'm waiting for my Oct pcat scores too! eek! :eek: Anyway, in the meantime, I've sent a couple of supplemental aps already and been working on the rest. Did you??

Submitted mine on 10/24 and got it calculated today 11/6 .. almost 2 weeks.

Well, technically PharmCAS did clearly state that it will take up to 5 weeks for them to process your whole application. Especially around this time of the application cycle, a lot of people are working on and submitting their apps right now. I'm actually surprised that it only takes about 2 weeks for them to calculate the GPA at this time, so I'd say that is really fast!

I got that email too, and I've already been accepted through Early Decision. PharmCAS still hasn't updated my status, and they actually sent me an email 4 days before my interview saying I had been rejected. I don't really trust PharmCAS anymore, so unless they say specifically that your application is incomplete/whatever, don't worry about it.

Accept whatever date they choose to calculate your GPA. If you wanted your GPA calculated earlier, you should have submitted your application earlier.

Agreed.

To emphasize the importance and to draw a comparison: My friends and I submitted one morning in June and it took less than 3 hours for PharmCas to calculate our GPAs.

Same as you manutdmax! I submitted mine last week too. I think it'll take more than 2 weeks because a lot of people submitted theirs in oct and nov. In addition to that, I'm waiting for my Oct pcat scores too! eek! :eek: Anyway, in the meantime, I've sent a couple of supplemental aps already and been working on the rest. Did you??

i have already sent my supplemental applications to my desired schools, am just waiting for pharmcas, i did it late because i was busy with my research,,,anyone who does not have a good word should not say anything..period

I submitted on 10/29 and based on what people are saying I figure mine will be done around Tuesday(unless they are off on Veteran's Day).....I'm still waiting on LOR's as well and am sending reminder emails as we speak. 12/1 is knocking on the door pretty fast. But I'm more worried about pharmcas getting the big part of the app out.the LOR's are electronic so they will be turned around pretty quick, long as my people get on the ball.

Here's to hoping and praying!

i have already sent my supplemental applications to my desired schools, am just waiting for pharmcas, i did it late because i was busy with my research,,,anyone who does not have a good word should not say anything..period
This is a forum. By posting a thread you will get lots of answers, some of which you won't like. If you do not want any criticism, don't post. Period.

This is a forum. By posting a thread you will get lots of answers, some of which you won't like. If you do not want any criticism, don't post. Period.

it realy seems that you have a big problem here with us, we are discussing why pharmcas did not calculate our GPAs yet,, we need encouragment in this time of the year not criticism, be a man please ..

Mike

I called Pharmcas yesterday and they told me my name is on the que waiting to calculate my GPA, I have everything else completed, my supplemental are already sent and good to go, who else applied to western and MCPHS worecester ,,

I called Pharmcas yesterday and they told me my name is on the que waiting to calculate my GPA, I have everything else completed, my supplemental are already sent and good to go, who else applied to western and MCPHS worecester ,,

i applied to mcphs, just sent in my pharmcas on tuesday :scared:

it realy seems that you have a big problem here with us, we are discussing why pharmcas did not calculate our GPAs yet,, we need encouragment in this time of the year not criticism, be a man please ..

Mike

You have missed the point. There is nothing WRONG with PharmCas and there is no discussion needed. PharmCas hasn't calculated your GPA yet because you submitted so late in the cycle. There are plenty of people ahead of you who submitted before you did. You must wait your turn, this is what a que is. When you wait in line for a ride at Disneyland do you ask what's wrong with the theme park?