PharmCAS Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What? Aww man, I'm so depressed...I e-submitted 10/14 and not a peep at all yet! I checked and made sure everything was complete/payed and it is? I'm wondering why this is.
Reaching for the panic button.....

Well, I only had transcripts from a single source so maybe that made it simpler and therefore faster?

Members don't see this ad.

What? Aww man, I'm so depressed...I e-submitted 10/14 and not a peep at all yet! I checked and made sure everything was complete/payed and it is? I'm wondering why this is.
Reaching for the panic button.....

You can try calling PharmCAS, they may be able to tell you where you are in the queue and approximately when your GPA will be calculated.

Yes means you are being considered for ED. My status was changed to Was by accident and I was accepted to the program after PharmCAS told me (via email) that I was in fact rejected. If your school hasn't contacted you yet, email them ASAP so you can plan accordingly. Here's hoping for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing wrong with a 72 anyways. It's not the best score, but it's certainly not a terrible one either.

Okay so...

I was an annoyance to them yet again and called the VCU Pharmacy front desk again and asked about the ED mailings. They said that they just mailed them today o_O

Hopefully, we will get them tomorrow or Wednesday finally...so much for the PharmCAS deadline :rolleyes:

LOL no wonder she sounded annoyed.. I called too, and she said the same thing. She also said that you could check the status online, although she doesn't know where. haha

so... pharmcas said they dont' post up results... but if you applied early decision (which i didn't) they'd change the status to "was" if you got pushed to the regular applicant pool. otherwise... it'll still say yes. so good luck to u guys :D GO PHUANG06! haha i'm rooting for u. :D

haha thanks will...

UPDATE:

They calculated the gpa today, so submitted 10/14 and gpa calculated 10/27. From my understanding, I just missed the mail outs by a day :mad:, have to wait another week it looks like til they mail it out.

Well, my GPA was calculated Thursday but for some reason didn't get mailed out today. I hope they do it next week, I'll be a little irritated if they don't. They haven't sent me an email notifying me of any discrepancies/problems.

Hi everyone!
I'm working on my pharmcas (arrrrhhh) and came across something that I don't know what to do. I attended this university that has many campuses. Anyway, I attended say "university-A" for one year and then completed my BS at "university-B". Now, "university-B" has all my grades within the university system so when I send out a request for transcript, am I suppose to send one to "university-A" even though my grades from there are listed in my "university-B" transcript too? I couldn't find anything from pharmcas that could help me with my situation. Any help will be appreciated.

BTW, how would you catagorize a biology seminar in which you did your senior presentation on a biological subject? I put it under "Biology & others...." but not too sure if I catagorize it correctly. :oops:

Hi everyone!
I'm working on my pharmcas (arrrrhhh) and came across something that I don't know what to do. I attended this university that has many campuses. Anyway, I attended say "university-A" for one year and then completed my BS at "university-B". Now, "university-B" has all my grades within the university system so when I send out a request for transcript, am I suppose to send one to "university-A" even though my grades from there are listed in my "university-B" transcript too? I couldn't find anything from pharmcas that could help me with my situation. Any help will be appreciated.

BTW, how would you catagorize a biology seminar in which you did your senior presentation on a biological subject? I put it under "Biology & others...." but not too sure if I catagorize it correctly. :oops:

If it's just one university, isnt there a main registrar that would handle all of your grades, regardless of campus?
And yes, I would put a Biology seminar under Biology.

Members don't see this ad :)
If it's just one university, isnt there a main registrar that would handle all of your grades, regardless of campus?
And yes, I would put a Biology seminar under Biology.

That's what I thought too, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for the reply

am I suppose to send one to "university-A" even though my grades from there are listed in my "university-B" transcript too?

Well, I'd be careful. As long as you KNOW that the OFFICIAL transcript from B includes all coursework then you should be fine.

I know this question has come up many times so if somebody could answer it or post a link for the answer...
I know there is a part to enter a course that is an AP, but what school do you put it into. Do you add a high school? do you just list it under every college you've attended? It's probably the ladder because it is on the transcript for the colleges, just want some verification.

thanks

I know this question has come up many times so if somebody could answer it or post a link for the answer...
I know there is a part to enter a course that is an AP, but what school do you put it into. Do you add a high school? do you just list it under every college you've attended? It's probably the ladder because it is on the transcript for the colleges, just want some verification.

thanks

You enter the AP score where you obtained credit for the exam. AP scores should be entered on PharmCAS if they are reflected on your official transcripts. If not, you should just communicate the AP scores with your school of choice.

Well I got my letter of acceptance today so hopefully the "Yes" you have means the same as mine! :)

LOL That's cause you live in Richmond! That's no fair :p

I didn't bother checking it today cause I figured it wouldn't come today. I will check it tomorrow. Congrats tho! :)

EDIT:

never mind. My sister just called me from home and told me there was a VCU letter for me at home, not at school @_@ And it was my acceptance letter. Yay.

Last edited:
...I read the acceptance letter and their dates for registration and paying the deposit is for last year.. although the letter is dated october 24, 2008. >.> You'd think they'd be more on top of this stuff. Also the outstanding prereqs for me are wrong. I need to call them tomorrow to straighten this stuff out.

I am missing one of my recommendations. I have one that is sent in already. Should I e-submit now or do I have to wait until all are received?

I am missing one of my recommendations. I have one that is sent in already. Should I e-submit now or do I have to wait until all are received?

Submit submit submit! PharmCas will send the others out to the respective schools as the letters come in.

...I read the acceptance letter and their dates for registration and paying the deposit is for last year.. although the letter is dated october 24, 2008. >.> You'd think they'd be more on top of this stuff. Also the outstanding prereqs for me are wrong. I need to call them tomorrow to straighten this stuff out.

Yeah I noticed that too and I think my VT acceptance letter was wrong with a date too....crazy admissions people lol.

My prereqs are also wrong as they are saying that I need 6 credit hours of English!!! You can't even graduate college without that lol I think my Comm Skills for Bio Majors which took place of my English threw them for a loop.

Yeah I noticed that too and I think my VT acceptance letter was wrong with a date too....crazy admissions people lol.

My prereqs are also wrong as they are saying that I need 6 credit hours of English!!! You can't even graduate college without that lol I think my Comm Skills for Bio Majors which took place of my English threw them for a loop.

Yeah, it's saying I need to take English also, along with 23 more hours of electives. - - I certainly hope they count other science courses like analytical chemistry and extra biochemistry courses as electives because that's all I have as a biochem major.

so I enter them in twice if I received credit for them both at a CC and a University?

You should list it under your first semester/quarter of your primary institution, ie the university you are getting your degree from or at least most of your pre-reqs.

Level: Lower division
Subject: Whatever subject it was, ie AP Biology=Biology and Other Life Science
Grade: Credit
Grade: None

Hope this helps!

Well, my GPA was calculated Thursday but for some reason didn't get mailed out today. I hope they do it next week, I'll be a little irritated if they don't. They haven't sent me an email notifying me of any discrepancies/problems.

It happened to me too. Do they only mail things out on Mondays?

It happened to me too. Do they only mail things out on Mondays?

I believe so. Mine got mailed out this past Monday. I submitted 10/06, GPA calculated on 10/15 ( I think), then mailed out on 10/27. I don't understand why they could mail out on 10/20 since my GPA was calculated before then.

Pharmcas was alot faster in calculating my GPA than they were last time I applied. I submitted my application 10/20 and my GPA was calculated and verified today, 10/29. I just need to get my ***** moving on my UCSF supplemental application. Its okay to send it out the day of the deadline, 11/3, as long as it is before 12pm correct?

So... I called VCU today about the letter they sent and aside from the registration year being wrong, they also said that the date to pay the $500 deposit was actually supposed to be November 7th!!! I have to move some funds around pronto! :eek:

PharmCAS normally mails out on Mondays, and it will usually be the second Monday after your application has been completed (including GPA calculation, etc.). In the past, it appears that they have mailed out semi-weekly, but I don't think that's happening yet.

wow 97 until now and still in pre-pharm..

must be a confused or losed one huh

wow 97 until now and still in pre-pharm..

must be a confused or losed one huh

Who said I took courses from 1997 until now? I was not enrolled in school from 1998-2005. Things happen. I'm not confused or lost. Its called marriage, and I had to work to support my wife through college. I don't suppose you have ever had to support someone, have you?

And once I begin pharmacy school next fall, I will not be the youngest student in my class. That I guarantee. I will be amongst the oldest, but will not be the oldest.

I just e-submitted tonight so hopefully this 2 week thing still holds up. I figured its now or never so time to jump in the water, I've gotten this far (I'm worried about gpa, retook courses etc, but since I returned to school in 03-04, had all A's and 2 B's so I hope that plays in my favor!) I'll update when I see they have it done!

You should list it under your first semester/quarter of your primary institution, ie the university you are getting your degree from or at least most of your pre-reqs.

Level: Lower division
Subject: Whatever subject it was, ie AP Biology=Biology and Other Life Science
Grade: Credit
Grade: None

Hope this helps!

This is not exactly so. PharmCAS is a reflection of what is shown on your official transcripts. You should look at your official transcripts (all of them) and be able to see which ones report the AP credits and HOW they report them. Mine were completely useless as far as pre-reqs go. They were a lump sum of the units earned in each year of HS, reported as AP transferred (May date). I asked if I could report my individual scores as I saw them on my unofficial transcript, but they said NO. You can only report what is written on your university transcripts. Rely on prereq supplementaries to utilize your AP scores as most institutions require them to be sent individually anyways.

So... I called VCU today about the letter they sent and aside from the registration year being wrong, they also said that the date to pay the $500 deposit was actually supposed to be November 7th!!! I have to move some funds around pronto! :eek:

Seriously...?

I don't understand how they expect me to do this stuff if they don't even send it to me at my current address, and I won't be going home until Thanksgiving break. They are really bad at this...

No worries cdh, don't let the little boogers get to you.

In any case, I'm right up there with you. Sounds like you might be 1-2 years ahead of me, but we'll hang out in the old geezers lounge or something. We can talk about the old hee-haw classics and how loaves of bread used to cost a nickel after we walked to school up hill in the snow, both ways. :rolleyes:

And to answer your original question... I doubt it would have any affect on PharmCAS. I would imagine they'd see 2 of the same thing, toss one out and move on. But call just to make sure.

As mentioned before, it's best to call both PharmCAS and UH to make sure everything is the way you wanted it to be.

I have high respect for those who temporarily put their careers on hold to take care of their love ones.

I hope you get in cdhoward.:)

I e-submitted on 10/14....gpa was posted on 10/27. I was worried because some people have stated that their GPA's are lower than expected, but mine was accurate. Still waiting for my app to get sent out. All my school's deadlines are not until next semester, so it's not as much of a time crunch.

The delay was a nice blessing in disguise because 2 more of my LOR are in from when I initially e-submitted. Hopefully it will all get sent out together.

I submitted my pharmcas application on Oct. 19 and just received my gpa calculation today, Oct. 30.

So after I e-submit, I got this email from PharmCAS:

"You may login to your application at any time and review the "Status" box to view the status of your application materials at PharmCAS. "

Where exactly is this Status box, am I not looking hard enough or did I do something wrong on my end? I see the Blue Status box on the right hand side but it is just a heading because I can't click on it

-Thanks for the help.

That is the correct location. You can't click on status. You can click on all the sections within the status. That is what they are referring.

The status box has information on the status of your transcripts, elors, gpa calculation, payments you've made, etc. I mainly used it to see if my recommenders had submitted their letters yet and to see what pharmcas calculated my GPA as. It's a good indicator of when your schools are actually going to recieve your information. You prob can't click on anything yet because nothing has been recieved/calculated by them yet because you just submitted. Hope that helps.

Thanks for clearing that up, boy was I confused. (eh, its been a long day).

So for "GPA calculation" this is what it sound say, right?:
Your GPAs are not yet available. PharmCAS cannot calculate your GPAs until each post-secondary transcript has been received and you have e-submitted your application and paid your application fee. Once your application is complete, it may take up to 5 weeks for your GPA to be calculated.

Yep, you got it. From what I understand now it's taking about 1-2 wks for them to calculate GPAs so hang in there.

Hey I have submitted my pharmcas not too long ago, and they still havent mailed out the apps to my schools, but I have all the supps ready. Should I wait for Pharmcas to mail them and then send my supps or should I just submit my supps in now? thanks and good luck with all your applications!

I'm in the exact same boat as you, and I think I'm going to wait to send out my supps until the schools receive my pharmcas app. I'm not sure if it really matters...I just don't want the schools getting the supplemental first and being confused as to who I am when they haven't gotten anything from pharmcas. Just makes more sense to me that way.

No no, you want to send your supps now in the event that there is a problem with something (mail, checks not clearing, etc...) so you can still have a chance to correct it. Rolling admissions = a race against time.