PharmCAS Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
August 21st and my transcripts were all received on the 28th.

Members don't see this ad.

still nothing....my transcripts were received on the 28th and I e-sbumitted on the 2nd of Sept. for the people who already have their gpa calculated were you early decision?

You guys are lucky! I just called PharmCAS, they told me that they are currently verifying those applications that e-submitted at the end of August, around the 29th I think she said. The lady also told me that the queue has about 400 applicants in it. I submitted on the 4th, she said I am probably around 200. Sooo, I'm thinking another week. Booooo:(

Members don't see this ad :)
You guys are lucky! I just called PharmCAS, they told me that they are currently verifying those applications that e-submitted at the end of August, around the 29th I think she said. The lady also told me that the queue has about 400 applicants in it. I submitted on the 4th, she said I am probably around 200. Sooo, I'm thinking another week. Booooo:(

O ya! I submitted mine on the 29th so hopefully tomorrow! I had a fee waiver too so I'm not sure if that slows things down or not (hopefully not).

Ok so it took my gps 72 hours to get evaluated

when they did I magically had a microbiology course appear in my gpa I went into my course list and saw that they had changed my mycology course from general science to microbiology just fyi mycology is (mushrooms and fungus) not sure if there is a reason they changed it or just ignorance but hey w/e i guess i'll explain that in the interview when it comes to it.

Your mycology course was listed as microbiology instead of general sci b/c pharmcas follows a specific guideline when catagorizing classes. If you look at page 26 of the pharmcas instruction, you will notice that there are various classes that will be considered microbiology.

Whooo hoo!! mine is done too, along with my last LOR!!! I am having a great day!!! :D

FYI: E-submitted 8/29, so it took a week and a half for PharmCAS to calculate my GPA! :rolleyes:

Did you guys do early decision? I still haven't recieved my grades yet and I esubmitted 8/27, but I did regular decisions.

I submitted regular decision because I knew I couldn't get my GPA calculated in time for the early decision deadline.

How long is it taking for everyones GPAs to be calculated?? I esubmitted on the 4th, and it seems like so many people who submitted after me have already gotten their GPAs! I called them, they said there aren't problems with anything, and they have my transcripts! I know it says up to 5 weeks, but I REALLY hope it doesn't take that long :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted mine on 8/29 and they just calculate my gpa on 9/12. I just checked and they still havent mailed my app. Do they send off apps monday morning or do you get the email monday night saying they mailed your application. I would really hate to wait another week for them to mail off my stuff.

I submitted mine on 8/29 and they just calculate my gpa on 9/12. I just checked and they still havent mailed my app. Do they send off apps monday morning or do you get the email monday night saying they mailed your application. I would really hate to wait another week for them to mail off my stuff.

In your case, they're going to mail yours next Monday because your GPA was calculated at the end of the week. Normally, they mail it at 12 AM EST on Monday. I know their method on the timing of the mailing is kind of weird.

As far as PharmCAS sending applications to the schools, I can tell you from my checking the status daily last year. They tended to down load to colleges once a month and it was always at the end of the month, like 27th/28th. You can check on PharmCAS the dates when they sent your appl.

As far as PharmCAS sending applications to the schools, I can tell you from my checking the status daily last year. They tended to down load to colleges once a month and it was always at the end of the month, like 27th/28th. You can check on PharmCAS the dates when they sent your appl.

Are you saying they send the PharmCAS applications to the pharmacy schools only once a month?? It seems like most people say they send it out once a week, usually on a Monday.

FINALLY they calculated my GPA! I esubmitted on 9/4, and had it calculated today, 9/17..almost 2 weeks!

Do you guys think that they will send out my materials on Monday?? I hope so, a lot of the schools with rolling admission are going to start reviewing in early October!

People who had their GPAs calculated by PharmCAS a few weeks ago, can you check your application status. It should show which schools your application was sent and when. I don't mind being told that I am wrong but I believe they send them once a month and not every Monday. That is how it was last year.

I don't know about that. I called PharmCas, and someone told me that they sound out the application materials weekly. They also said that if there are a significant amount of applications, they will send them out more than once a week.

People who had their GPAs calculated by PharmCAS a few weeks ago, can you check your application status. It should show which schools your application was sent and when. I don't mind being told that I am wrong but I believe they send them once a month and not every Monday. That is how it was last year.

They sent mine out this Monday the 15th.

I submitted mine on last Thursday and got my GPA calculated yesterday. So it was 6 days!:)

Does PharmCAS post a "Mailing Date" onto your application after they mail it? The column is still empty, with the mailing status column "Not Mailed". Can't wait for them to mail the application out.:)

^ Check on Monday afternoon, it should be sent sometime that day. You won't get an e-mail but the date will be put in place of the "Not Mailed".

If you give your pcat score to pharmcas, will they give your pcat score to every school you apply to, even the ones that do not require the pcat?? please respond, b/c i dont want the non-pcat schools seeing my pcat score 72 :(, if I can pick and choose which ones will see it I will submit my pcat score to pharmcas.

Last edited:
Sounds like a question you should ask PharmCAS. I e-mailed them a question and had an extremely detailed answer in about two hours (on a weekday). Once you're logged into your application, on the left side of the page click Contact Us and it brings up phone number and e-mail information.

If you find out pls lets us know. Thanks.

emailed pharmcas, and they said that they would send the pcat score to all the designations, reguardless is they take the pcat or not.

Ugh, I submitted on 10/06, still no GPA calculated. I'm kicking myself for waiting so late to apply. :(

do they need all your transcripts to calculate gpa? or do they just go with what they have?

do they need all your transcripts to calculate gpa? or do they just go with what they have?

Yes, they need all of your transcripts before they can calculate your GPA.

I don't know how can some guys here be so lucky to get the calculation of GPA in only 24h. For me it's about 3 weeks. Also, now, I am stilling waiting them to send mine out.

I don't know how can some guys here be so lucky to get the calculation of GPA in only 24h. For me it's about 3 weeks. Also, now, I am stilling waiting them to send mine out.

Well, it used to be that quick back in July/August, but a lot of people are starting to submit their apps right now.

I submitted my application on 10/7 (my final transcript arrived to PharmCAS on 10/8). They just sent me an email (10/17) saying my GPAs have been calculated and my "application has now been verified, and will be included in the next PharmCAS mailing to [my] designated pharmacy schools." I'll keep the forum updated regarding the actual mailing date. It's my understanding that they mail on Mondays, but they also send out additional mailings during the remainder of the week if they are processing a lot of applications.

I submitted my application 10/10 and got it evaluated and confirmed 10/22. Basically 2 weeks. .06 points lower than my school GPA, but thats pretty close.

I know this question has been asked so many times, but I am just getting paranoid as the application deadline is coming closer. I just want to confirm that the application deadline listed by schools is the deadline that I must submit my application to PharmCAS as well as any supplemental materials to the school. My GPA calculations will not be done by PharmCAS 'til a couple weeks later and my application won't be sent to my school after that. Is that right? I am fine as long as I meet the PharmCAS deadline, right?

I know this question has been asked so many times, but I am just getting paranoid as the application deadline is coming closer. I just want to confirm that the application deadline listed by schools is the deadline that I must submit my application to PharmCAS as well as any supplemental materials to the school. My GPA calculations will not be done by PharmCAS 'til a couple weeks later and my application won't be sent to my school after that. Is that right? I am fine as long as I meet the PharmCAS deadline, right?

Yes, as long as you submit all your LORs, transcripts, and supplemental apps by the school's deadline, then you're safe. The only thing is that you have to wait for PharmCAS to calculate everything before they can mail your app out to the schools.

**Resolved** My GPA was calculated yesterday so I guess it doesn't matter. I just like to stress myself out I think

I know PharmCAS requires transcripts from all schools you've attended, but what about schools that you may be attending in the future? My issue is that one of the schools I'm applying to requires BioChemistry. My community college does not offer this course, so if I get accepted to this school I will take BioChem online through the University of New England. Enrollment starts as whenever I want, which will probably be next year sometime. So to alert the school of my intent, under coursework I put down University of New England with enrollment dates of May 2009 - July 2009 and planned the class for early summer 2009. I e-submitted last week and suddenly had a horrible thought: will PharmCAS be waiting for transcripts from New England before they calculate my GPA? They already got everything else (CC transcripts, LORs etc) but I'm scared this will hold things up. I tried calling PharmCAS (rang twice and got a horrible screeching noice multiple times) and sent them an email days ago. What do I do?

Last edited:
Just to update, I submitted my app 10/15 and my GPA was calculated 10/23. So an eight day turnaround, not too bad! I guess PharmCAS will mail it out this Monday, right?

yes, Nottingham, they should be mailing it Monday

Last edited:
Just to update, I submitted my app 10/15 and my GPA was calculated 10/23. So an eight day turnaround, not too bad! I guess PharmCAS will mail it out this Monday, right?

What? Aww man, I'm so depressed...I e-submitted 10/14 and not a peep at all yet! I checked and made sure everything was complete/payed and it is? I'm wondering why this is.
Reaching for the panic button.....

Hi, all. Just for reference: I e-submitted 10/11 and gpa was calculated 10/23. but them still haven't mailed my application out yet. I heard they do it every Monday and I hope its true!

I couldn't really find a clear-cut answer to this question, so here is a new thread.

I have read on here that people found out their acceptances/rejections by PharmCAS, but I cannot find where this would be listed anywhere. I was supposed to find out whether or not I was accepted/rejected from VCU through ED by the 24th and I have yet to hear back anything. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Under status >> Pharmacy Designations >> Early Decision Status?

Mine says "Yes". I'm not sure what that means... @_@

same here, but someone I know has had it changed to "Was," so I don't know haha.